'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

What about on the actual coaching of the players part? Kinda a large part of the equation, no? Seems to do more than ok imo
Definitely dangerous to fire a productive coach looking for that great recruiter. We saw that with the Rocker/Brumbaugh example. Pruitt moved on from Rocker thinking he wasn't a good enough recruiter and the DL was never right again under Pruitt.

Jerry Mack has given us connections in that MS/LA/TX area. Without him, we don't get Dylan Sampson. Also would figure he helped out on the Jordan Matthews front to an extent. This RB class just wasn't good after the top guys. When Cobb decided he wanted to go play for Cadillac, there really wasn't a RB we liked that was realistic but we were able to get Keith to fill that need of a short yardage back

Jerry Mack has given us connections in that MS/LA/TX area. Without him, we don't get Dylan Sampson. Also would figure he helped out on the Jordan Matthews front to an extent. This RB class just wasn't good after the top guys. When Cobb decided he wanted to go play for Cadillac, there really wasn't a RB we liked that was realistic but we were able to get Keith to fill that need of a short yardage back

I would've just saved the spot at that point

Time will tell.

If Seldon and Keith had played with Alabama of the 2010's something tells me they would have dominated.

I like our RB haul. Especially with a walk-on like Desean Bishop.

That's assuming Keith sucks.

Did anyone really think 3 star Sampson would be our best Freshman RB this year and arguably our 2nd best RB the second half of the year?

I did.

And if Keith had come last year he also would have played a lot as a true freshman.

As it stands now, Seldon and Samson are both ahead of him come fall. Seldon will play some WR too, but that RB room will be deep come fall.

Definitely dangerous to fire a productive coach looking for that great recruiter. We saw that with the Rocker/Brumbaugh example. Pruitt moved on from Rocker thinking he wasn't a good enough recruiter and the DL was never right again under Pruitt.
No one said that he should be fired. Just that we’ll see if he can earn his paycheck in this recruitment. There are HS coaches and analysts and grad assistants in college football that are capable of coaching guys up. Recruiting is half the battle though and being able to do both at a high level is what separates the great from the average coaches

Reactions: VolNash17
No one said that he should be fired. Just that we’ll see if he can earn his paycheck in this recruitment. There are HS coaches and analysts and grad assistants in college football that are capable of coaching guys up. Recruiting is half the battle though and being able to do both at a high level is what separates the great from the average coaches
Without doubt, recruiting is a large part of an assitants responsibility.

I’ll take him, but he’s like 20 years old or something heading into his senior year. How much of being older attributes to his dominance

I’ll take him, but he’s like 20 years old or something heading into his senior year. How much of being older attributes to his dominance
Have to think the ratings are not just based on performance but more based on attributes and would like to think that’s taken into account already

247:

"The No. 1 back in the land plans to be at Georgia the weekend of June 2. They’re aiming to be at Alabama the weekend of June 9. Tennessee is on the radar for June 16. Texas would wrap up the month June 24.

In addition to those trips, the Gibson camp is working on scheduling trips to Oklahoma, Ohio State and Tennessee for spring practices."

June 16th could be a blockbuster OV weekend (we had some like that last summer, too) with Calhoun and Easley already set.

VN Store

Back