'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

Wtf. How do you confuse the best rb in the class with anyone else, and not mention him when asked about top of our rb board when he lists us in his top 3 and has visited multiple times this year.
Best in the class??? Haha.
Ok.

We haven't landed any top 10 type RBs in years. At least not from the high school ranks. Not since Jalen Hurd.
I’m talking about backs that we’ve just been legitimate contenders for. I know Cobb listed us in his top 4-5, but we were never really contenders and it was always Auburn or Clemson wasn’t it?

It will be interesting to see what this kid does his senior year. He was much more impressive his sophomore season than as a junior. Maybe there was an injury or something that hampered him. He displayed best RB in the country ability as a sophomore. Not nearly as impressive as a junior. Before anyone pulls out the flame thrower, just go watch his hudl highlights for both seasons.
He’s a kid. Could it be he had much more to prove his sophomore year and as a junior he had already “arrived?”
Motivation or “want to” is a huge factor that imo, often times gets lost in the evaluation process.

He’s a kid. Could it be he had much more to prove his sophomore year and as a junior he had already “arrived?”
Motivation or “want to” is a huge factor that imo, often times gets lost in the evaluation process.
That's a possibility. He transferred to IMG Academy for his junior year. That alone creates various possibilities.

We've had some success. You at least kick the tires. Not every talented kid wants to stay instate. This just doesn't appear to be one of those kids. But....I agree, because GA seems much more ripe for the picking.

And NC and VA. VA schools are down, Mack is getting close to the end and we sell SEC vs a second tier conference.

Don't think he's the top back in the class. The Tatum kid in Texas and maybe Tovani Mizell are better imho. Jerrick is good at everything but not sure what trait he is exceptional in. He's definitely not the best back in the last 3 years tho lol
I will take him if we can get him.

On the recruiting trail? Frankly no he hasn’t. I am sure you are gonna do your usual well the players like him but please try and look at the facts. Looking at this, what has he really earned?
View attachment 530691
You didn’t specify that recruits he’s gotten while here are guys we and other top schools wanted. JWT, Cam Miller, Sampson, Slaughter, Keith. I agree they’re not eye popping but he’s had about 1.5 years to build his reputation at the D1 level. Multiple seasons at NC Central and Rice doesn’t exactly give you clout.

Something he has achieved (not recruiting trail related, which was your question) as a coach is get UT to 26th rush offense in 2022 (better than Bama, OSU, TCU, Clemson) and 11th in 2021

On the recruiting trail? Frankly no he hasn’t. I am sure you are gonna do your usual well the players like him but please try and look at the facts. Looking at this, what has he really earned?
View attachment 530691

What about on the actual coaching of the players part? Kinda a large part of the equation, no? Seems to do more than ok imo

VN Store

Back