Florida (-15) vs Tennessee

I don't think "there is no way Florida covers". I also dont think Florida's offense sucks.

As a better, I would not be comfortable with Florida's ability to stop themselves.

2 games with 400+ yards of offense and 38+ minutes of time of possession and only 24 and 16 points respectively.

That's damn near impossible to do. If Florida doesn't stop themselves, than, yeah, I am afraid it will get ugly.

Admittedly, Florida has a history of not sabotaging themselves against Tennessee.

It's a tough pick. Fla, undisciplined, poorly conditioned and poorly coached VS UT, seems to play hard just not as much talent and an unproven coach, SEC wise anyway. Game could go any which way. I think 15 is a little high.

If we couldn't score this week, we sure as hell won't versus Florida. Oregon's d is good, but Florida is nasty. I don't care about the Miami game, if they had an average offense it would've been a big win for the Gators.

If, if, if. Florida will always have turnovers under Driskel. He's good for Atleast 1 fumble every game lol

If, if, if. Florida will always have turnovers under Driskel. He's good for Atleast 1 fumble every game lol

Ok, IF we had a Duke Johnson or even Morris. I would be a little more confident. I don't think our D will be the problem, I just have no idea how we will move the ball at all.

Ok, IF we had a Duke Johnson or even Morris. I would be a little more confident. I don't think our D will be the problem, I just have no idea how we will move the ball at all.

I was just messin with ya. Yeah man, I don't see how we score double digits.

Oregon was a nightmare match up for our Vols straight out of the gate. Yes, our defense was exposed to Oregon's speed, but Florida doesn't have near the playmakers like Oregon has on offense. I feel like our defense can contain Florida's offense and keep them in check, but we have to have production from our offense to help our defense out! That means pushing the ball down the field, and finishing with points!

Our O-Line has to improve with it's run blocking! There's no doubt that we have a talented group of linemen, but where's the dominate push that we lack? We're a size mismatch for almost any team in the country. We're HUGE, but we're soft in run blocking. That has to change. We have to dominate that edge, and open up clear paths for Neal, Lane, etc. I also feel that Lane is the most reliable option that we have at RB. He hits the hole hard, and always gets that extra yard. I love his toughness.

I think Peterman brings that extra gear with his running ability. On top of that, he has a pretty good deep ball from what I've seen in practice, and in high light tape. With him directing the offense, we might have a chance to put up some points. Somebody has to step up with Worley underachieving tremendously. Peterman looks to be the one to step up to the challenge. I hope he gets a chance to showcase his talents Saturday and proves to be a much needed spark to this offense.

Last edited:
Oregon was a nightmare match up for our Vols straight out of the gate. Yes, our defense was exposed to Oregon's speed, but Florida doesn't have near the playmakers like Oregon has on offense. I feel like our defense can contain Florida's offense and keep them in check, but we have to have production from our offense to help our defense out! That means pushing the ball down the field, and finishing with points!

Our O-Line has to improve with it's run blocking! There's no doubt that we have a talented group of linemen, but where's the dominate push that we lack? We're a size mismatch for almost any team in the country. We're HUGE, but we're soft in run blocking. That has to change. We have to dominate that edge, and open up clear paths for Neal, Lane, etc. I also feel that Lane is the most reliable option that we have at RB. He hits the hole hard, and always gets that extra yard. I love his toughness.

I think Peterman brings that extra gear with his running ability. On top of that, he has a pretty good deep ball from what I've seen in practice, and in high light tape. With him directing the offense, we might have a chance to put up some points. Somebody has to step up with Worley underachieving tremendously. Peterman looks to be the one to step up to the challenge. I hope he gets a chance to showcase his talents Saturday and proved to be a much needed spark to this offense.

I agree with you

I also felt good last yr Til big ass Trey Burton was smoking our secondary down the sidelines. Lol. But I think you're spot on.

ill go ahead and say again we were a busted coverage away from getting shut out by oregon. how are we going to score on florida.

You apparently did not watch the game. I am not a Worley fan, but his touchdown pass was not due to busted coverage. If anything the defender came very close to committing pass interference and we still got the score. Oregon whipped us, and I thought they might. However, I won't let my opinion of Worley keep me from saying that the TD was a great pass and catch.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I'm just not ready to blow Florida just because Oregon hammered us.

IMO Florida would have had a very similar experience in Eugene.

This a very interesting question ..99 do you think you Gators could keep it within 28 with Ducks this year?

:eek:lol:

I couldn't disagree more.

Maybe when these guys were FR in 2011 but not in 2013. If anyone thinks UF is weak in the secondary then they should stop trying to talk college football. I truly believe Oregon doesn't score more than 30 on UF. The Auburn defense of 2010 can't hold a candle to UF's defense and hell they shut them down.

VN Store

Back