Florida (-15) vs Tennessee

In UF's first two games, this is what opposing QBs have done against our secondary:

Toledo: 17/38 for 155 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Miami: 12/25 for 163 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

Both QBs were returning starters. Miami beat us deep on a busted coverage by a redshirt freshman safety. Their other passing TD was a corner route where their QB threw a perfect pass where only his guy could make a play...that happens.

That said, it's not as though UF is giving up 300 yards passing every week, and those freshman CBs who kept getting flagged for PI in 2011 are now juniors who shut down UT's NFL QB and receivers last season. Not to mention UF added the nation's top high school CB Vernon Hargreaves, who has two INTs already.

Miami threw just as poorly against Florida Atlantic, so do you want to compare Florida's secondary to Florida Atlantic's? Stats are a losers game.

I still think Florida's secondary is the weak spot in the defense. Do you agree or disagree?

Your suggestion that Florida's defense would've faced the same kind of beating from Oregon that we got is, frankly, a little out there.

And while I think Muschamp has some shortcomings as a head coach, one area where that isn't the case is defensively. Their defense last year was outstanding and I'm not convinced why it shouldn't be this year, especially given how they've performed to this point.

If Florida went to Oregon, based on what I saw yesterday and what I have seen out of Florida, they would have a similar experience. In the sense that they would MAYBE score 7-14, and Oregon's offense would light them up. Maybe not 59-14 bad, but I could easily see 42-14.

Florida's defense would be exhausted quick just like ours was, their offense would have a lot of 3 and outs and a tired D would have to get back on the field every few minutes.

If Florida went to Oregon, based on what I saw yesterday and what I have seen out of Florida, they would have a similar experience. In the sense that they would MAYBE score 7-14, and Oregon's offense would light them up. Maybe not 59-14 bad, but I could easily see 42-14.

Florida's defense would be exhausted quick just like ours was, their offense would have a lot of 3 and outs and a tired D would have to get back on the field every few minutes.

But I think part of the reason our D was exhausted has to do with limited depth and the fact that we just don't have a whole lot of awesome players on that side of the ball.

I'm sure Florida would get tired, but they wouldn't be as easy to wear down. I definitely think they would lose to Oregon, but they'd be able to keep it interesting for longer IMO.

I'm convinced that pretty much any team save Bama and maybe Clemson, TAM, tOSU and LSU would have gone into Autzen with the same results.

I'm convinced that pretty much any team save Bama and maybe Clemson, TAM, tOSU and LSU would have gone into Autzen with the same results.

Don't get me started on tOSU lol. They would get absolutely drilled by Oregon. They don't belong where they are.

Don't get me started on tOSU lol. They would get absolutely drilled by Oregon. They don't belong where they are.

Coaching makes the difference. While I'm not a huge fan of Meyer, the man knows how to coach and make adjustments.

If healthy, I think tOSU is a top competitor even though I cannot stand them.

Reactions: 1 person
:eek:lol:
Miami threw just as poorly against Florida Atlantic, so do you want to compare Florida's secondary to Florida Atlantic's? Stats are a losers game.

I still think Florida's secondary is the weak spot in the defense. Do you agree or disagree?

I couldn't disagree more.

the only teams i would say wouldnt get similar results are bama lsu and uga. i think clemson and OSU are absolute garbage. a&m just gives up too many points i feel like theyd get beat soundly. traveling across the country is a challenge for anyone

Roberson, purifoy and Hargreaves is a heck of a trio...and tha d-line is nasty ( Easley is a monster)

not many DB's could run with our wideouts and they did their thing

the only teams i would say wouldnt get similar results are bama lsu and uga. i think clemson and OSU are absolute garbage. a&m just gives up too many points i feel like theyd get beat soundly. traveling across the country is a challenge for anyone

I think with UGA once you get them frazzled and put Murray on his back a few times or watch as DA Thomas goes buzzing by on his way to the endzone, you see a completely different team out there.

I believe Clemson is your dark horse when it comes to NC contenders. Boyd is a great QB (don't get me started on his UT potential) and they have a solid team this year.

I think with UGA once you get them frazzled and put Murray on his back a few times or watch as DA Thomas goes buzzing by on his way to the endzone, you see a completely different team out there.

I believe Clemson is your dark horse when it comes to NC contenders. Boyd is a great QB (don't get me started on his UT potential) and they have a solid team this year.

the talent to dominate the acc is there every year...but at the end of the day clemson will pull a clemson...i hope lol cant stand them

Can you post a link for these rankings please?

dude, enough.

you're setting an impossible standard in the first place. no one can provide "proof" of anything. because, it will be dismissed by the opponents or whatever else you want to use.

they are in the top 10 statistically in damn near every defense category known to man.

they are top 10 in yards per game allowed, yards per play allowed, yards per play rushing, yards per game rushing, opponent completion percentage, etc, etc, etc.

teams are also converting 8.3% on 3rd down against that defense (2 of 24).

if you don't want to acknowledge that defense as being really, really good. fine.

Florida's defense is ridiculous.
Don't fool yourself boys.

That said, if we can actually run the ball and keep their offense off the field we can at least make this game competitive.

If we start throwing, we are gator bait.

Florida's secondary will eat our freshman alive, and worley will get picked often.

/real talk.

Last edited:
Oregons corners and Florida corners are about the same. Their all NFL players. All high draft picks. UF has a great D but ppl overlook how good oregons D is. Check back at the end of the year.

If we couldn't score this week, we sure as hell won't versus Florida. Oregon's d is good, but Florida is nasty. I don't care about the Miami game, if they had an average offense it would've been a big win for the Gators.

VN Store

Back