Florida game advice.

DO NOT GO TO THE SWAMP!!! The people there are idiots. I went in 1999 & it was so bad that I don't have the same love for college football that I had before. It's just not worth it.

Reactions: 1 person
DO NOT GO TO THE SWAMP!!! The people there are idiots. I went in 1999 & it was so bad that I don't have the same love for college football that I had before. It's just not worth it.

I went two years ago. People talked **** but nothing I haven't heard in knoxville from UT fans to opposing fans.

Don't try and be a tough guy, laugh it off, joke around with them and go on your way. You shouldn't have a problem.

Reactions: 2 people
If they talk crap to me it's no big deal but they were using extremely explicit language directed at elderly lady UT fans & in front of small children. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 1 person
If they talk crap to me it's no big deal but they were using extremely explicit language directed at elderly lady UT fans & in front of small children. Absolutely disgusting.

What a coincidence...the same thing happened to me in Knoxville in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010.

If you can't ignore some ignorant, drunken fool shouting obscenities on the road as a rival fan, then perhaps you should stick to home games.

It happens everywhere.

What a coincidence...the same thing happened to me in Knoxville in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010.

If you can't ignore some ignorant, drunken fool shouting obscenities on the road as a rival fan, then perhaps you should stick to home games.

It happens everywhere.

This

We live about 100 miles south of the sewer, er, swamp. We've been to several UT games there and have never had any serious trouble or anything close to it, and we've sat in the midst of gator fans. In fact, the tickets we have for this year's game are the first ones we've had in the UT section. Living amongst gators, I can often get tickets from some of them. This time, we will be sweating with Vol fans.

As others have said, just laugh off harassing remarks and if people get really nasty, just walk away. There is no way to have a good outcome by reacting to jerks who even insult your wife or daughter, both of which will be with me when we upset the gators on Sept. 21!

#GBO #VFL

It happens everywhere.

I have been a season ticket holder at UT for 20 years and I've been to many away & bowl games including Kentucky, Vandy, Bama, Georgia and NEVER encountered anything like the idiots in Gainesville. Not one drunk but about 500 of them standing in the middle of the road as we tried to get to our car.

I have been a season ticket holder at UT for 20 years and I've been to many away & bowl games including Kentucky, Vandy, Bama, Georgia and NEVER encountered anything like the idiots in Gainesville. Not one drunk but about 500 of them standing in the middle of the road as we tried to get to our car.

Sounds like you're not cut out for this...I've been a UF season ticket holder since '86.

After Collins Cooper missed that FG in overtime, I had to walk a gauntlet of drunken Vol fans from the stadium, past the Walgreens on Cumberland to our car.

There were a few more than 500 UT fans in the middle of the road that night, and they weren't exactly being polite to people wearing blue.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're not cut out for this.

After Collins Cooper missed that FG in overtime, I had to walk a gauntlet of drunken Vol fans from the stadium, past the Walgreens on Cumberland to our car.

There were a few more than 500 UT fans in the middle of the road that night, and they weren't exactly being polite to people wearing blue.

Sorry if I was one of them... Lol

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like you're not cut out for this...I've been a UF season ticket holder since '86.

So you're a Gator fan on the Volnation forum? Interesting.

I'll be there with two of my friends who are gator fans. First time seeing a game in the swamp. Went to the UT vs FLA bball game this past winter in Gainesville and didn't have any problems at all until we left the bar that night and encountered two drunk gators, but even then it still wasn't terrible. Probably because we won that game...

I post on several message boards. VN and Tiger Droppings are my two favorite rival SEC sites.

I like different perspectives and points of view on CFB.

I have no problem with them being on here. Competition is good for business..
Plus they really help telling us where to go during away games. That is really helpful.

He's a football fan on a football forum.

And he lives to throw pee-filled balloons on rival fans.

avz.gif

VN Store

Back