Florida Going 5-7 in 2012

The one factor Muschamp has in his favor is that whomever is deemed the best available HC will land at SoCal and, if they fire Muschamp now, the Gators would be taking another longshot.

The one factor Muschamp has in his favor is that whomever is deemed the best available HC will land at SoCal and, if they fire Muschamp now, the Gators would be taking another longshot.

Right.

We would be Notre Dame firing Willingham in 2004 without a sure thing like Urban Meyer to court.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Franklin go to Southern Cal, which buys Muschamp another season.

Coincidence that Briles signs a new contract on the same day Foley makes this comment? Maybe UF had him as #1 on their list and when he said no, they decided to wait till next year.

Right.

We would be Notre Dame firing Willingham in 2004 without a sure thing like Urban Meyer to court.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Franklin go to Southern Cal, which buys Muschamp another season.

You think Florida will be dead set on a current head coach as opposed to a coordinator with a lot of experience?

Some of your fan base on other boards are out of their minds as much as Texas fans are about Saban.

"Charlie Strong will come running if we call him."

"Art Briles can't turn us down."

"Spurrier would love to retire here and we can get him back."

You think Florida will be dead set on a current head coach as opposed to a coordinator with a lot of experience?

Some of your fan base on other boards are out of their minds as much as Texas fans are about Saban.

"Charlie Strong will come running if we call him."

"Art Briles can't turn us down."

"Spurrier would love to retire here and we can get him back."

And fans here were no less delusional about Gruden taking the UT job.

Foley is 0-2 on hiring guys with no previous head coaching experience. I'm guessing he won't go that route again.

Reactions: 1 person
And fans here were no less delusional about Gruden taking the UT job.

Foley is 0-2 on hiring guys with no previous head coaching experience. I'm guessing he won't go that route again.

Do you think they promote Phillips to be the new OC? It will be difficult to get someone from the outside knowing that Muschamp has a very short lease.

It sounds ridiculous but Gruden to UF is worth exploring since he could probably do the job without relocating his family from Tampa. He knows the high school coaches in the Bay area and would recruit very well against FSU and Miami throughout the state.

I cannot imagine that Gruden wants to be getting on planes for recruiting trips at 6 a.m., getting home at 10 at night, and giving speeches on the rubber chicken circuit for alumni. He doesn't need the money that bad and to whatever extent he had to do it he'd hand that of to everyone else.

Pass.

Reactions: 1 person
It's official...UF's hit rock bottom.

2n6zxqf.jpg

If I were a Gator fan I honestly wouldnt be worrying too much about this. I have no doubts UF will get it worked out fast. I think the injuries are the biggest thing that has gotten them. And if it is in fact coaching then UF's AD wont put up with it long.

Me either, but it is really fun watching the meltdown here on the Space Coast. I haven't seen this many depressed people since the presidential election.

Stop it! I am actually beginning to feel sorry for you guys!

Deep breath.. There is never ANY reason to feel sorry for FU. Ever. No beatdown is big enough, no loss is ever understated.

Florida gear on sale at your nearest thrift store.

VN Store

Back