Forgive my ignorance, but with Bama getting absolutely raided…

We are pursuing at least 1 or 2. Ryan Williams being one of them.

And I would not be surprised to see some of the portal guys and the decommits come back to Bama after the coaching staff is finalized. A lot of these guys are just keeping their options open until they get a better idea of who is going to be coaching them.

I could be wrong but aren’t we still limited on numbers because of the Pruitt fiasco? Thought I read where we have to be pretty selective in the portal. Of course, if Downs was interested in UT, Josh would probably figure something out. 😉

I'd sure be looking hard at some of the DB transfers...It is a business now much like the pros. Bring in the best you can find and git shirt the rest. It's the real world now and needs to be treated as such.
Right, but not all NFL players are from the "big schools"... Also, I'm sure these bammers aren't cheap. I honestly don't fully understand NIL & I doubt anybody does. Part of managing an NFL roster is managing money. Sure you can hit it big for a year, to wit the LA Rams recently & the Eagles in a less than stellar example this year.

I could be wrong but aren’t we still limited on numbers because of the Pruitt fiasco? Thought I read where we have to be pretty selective in the portal. Of course, if Downs was interested in UT, Josh would probably figure something out. 😉

Down 2 scholarships, we have room to pick up a few studs.

It used to be who had the best coaching, athletics, staff, facilities, etc. Now it is all that plus what can you do for me and my family in terms of cash. I see two positives in that, 1) players getting paid and having contracts should be a lot more disciplined and staying away from the booze, drugs, and po po. 2) players getting paid should feel a lot more confident and less stressed about family issues where they need to be helping their parents or siblings in a less fortunate kind of situation. I just hope Tennessee is as competitive off the field as on and we stay in the top 20 and occasionally get to the final 8 games.

I’m more concerned with what we have our commits and development. We lost a bunch also especially DB position although maybe good thing. We need some jimmys and joes with good x AND OS

It used to be who had the best coaching, athletics, staff, facilities, etc. Now it is all that plus what can you do for me and my family in terms of cash. I see two positives in that, 1) players getting paid and having contracts should be a lot more disciplined and staying away from the booze, drugs, and po po. 2) players getting paid should feel a lot more confident and less stressed about family issues where they need to be helping their parents or siblings in a less fortunate kind of situation. I just hope Tennessee is as competitive off the field as on and we stay in the top 20 and occasionally get to the final 8 games.

To a degree it’s always been about what the school can do for the players. The money is just above board now. That said, there was 247 article the other week where most of the recruits they talked to said they left money on the table because they liked the coaching staff and/or environment of the school they signed with.

Think of it like taking a high paying job with terrible benefits vs maybe a lower salary with a better healthcare plan, paid time off, and general work/life culture etc.

Down 2 scholarships, we have room to pick up a few studs.
It’s 3 for next year, and we are way oversigned as it stands now. Every player we take from this point forward is one we have to lose from the current team. We might pursue one or two of the Bama guys. It won’t be 8 or 10. Plus Bama transfers haven’t had a great track record here anyway.

420172699_10168407103085004_4032503750362756386_n.jpg

Why aren’t we going for more players? Is it a numbers thing or are we recruiting them and losing to FSU etc?
I was wandering the same thing. Downs that freshman saftey for Bama hit the portal today. He is good. Tennessee could use him

Reactions: posivol

VN Store

Back