Forgive my ignorance, but with Bama getting absolutely raided…

It’s 3 for next year, and we are way oversigned as it stands now. Every player we take from this point forward is one we have to lose from the current team. We might pursue one or two of the Bama guys. It won’t be 8 or 10. Plus Bama transfers haven’t had a great track record here anyway.
I would take Downs and Proctor

420172699_10168407103085004_4032503750362756386_n.jpg
giphy.gif

I would take Downs and Proctor
Downs is from Ga and the coach he had at alabama is now at Ga. Little chance. Proctor, the human turnstile at LT, is from Iowa and was committed to Iowa before flipping to bama late last year. Another very small chance, if that, for Tennessee.

Reactions: VAVol85
Bamers loved raiding other rosters when changes happened. They get what they deserve and all of this shows the players didnt give a damn about Alabama, The Bryant Museum and Denny Chimes. They were there for Saban and Saban only.
Yeah, I’ll bet the poor guy wasn’t very heartbroken when they took TooToo from us. It all depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Yeah, I’ll bet the poor guy wasn’t very heartbroken when they took TooToo from us. It all depends on whose ox is getting gored.
They took Williams from OSU, Gibbs from Ga Tech, Dickerson from FSU, Burton from Ga, etc. They tried to buy Drake May from UNC last year.

Kinda like the ole whore complaining about the new girls working the street.

If Heard doesn't hurry up throw the bag at Proctor and lock us up at LT for the next 3 years please and thank you...

Reactions: volfans1
Downs is from Ga and the coach he had at alabama is now at Ga. Little chance. Proctor, the human turnstile at LT, is from Iowa and was committed to Iowa before flipping to bama late last year. Another very small chance, if that, for Tennessee.
You think Proctor would opt for a school that can't score more than 14/game? I don't think so.

They are losing some players and recruits, but it does not compare to what happened to Tennessee when Pruitt left/fired.

It’s 3 for next year, and we are way oversigned as it stands now. Every player we take from this point forward is one we have to lose from the current team. We might pursue one or two of the Bama guys. It won’t be 8 or 10. Plus Bama transfers haven’t had a great track record here anyway.

Yeah, that Kamara guy sucked.

Reactions: cgrish and i2amavol
You think Proctor would opt for a school that can't score more than 14/game? I don't think so.
They’ll have Cade McNamara back and a new OC. Their offense will be better, if for no other reason than it can’t really get worse.

They’ll have Cade McNamara back and a new OC. Their offense will be better, if for no other reason than it can’t really get worse.

One thing I’ve learned in my life is that things can always get worse.

As far as I am aware, Iowa still hasn’t hired a new OC. Kirk Ferentz moves at a snails pace, I guess. Everything about Iowa football is slow and boring. I can’t see any highly sought portal transfer picking them.

Why aren’t we going for more players? Is it a numbers thing or are we recruiting them and losing to FSU etc?

I don't know this but I think we have the portal staff calling every high level player that goes in the portal to see if they want to talk or visit. If they say no, likely don't continue to chase.

I think we have at least tried to contact each of the Bama players BUT, almost everyone of them know where they are going before hitting the portal.

We have the money and the room to chas anyone if they have it interest.

VN Store

Back