Forgive Student Loans?

How about the bombs purchased for Ukraine? Or all the equipment left in Afghanistan?
I know. You guys are seeing the point. We waste billions constantly. Some of the wasted billions do a tad more good than others. I would rather see billions wasted on student debt relief than billions wasted on some other things.

301379576_6231077123575869_8725717736791827336_n.jpg

Reactions: luthervol
301369157_188516876879213_8315198084665616808_n.jpg

I'll take a crack at that. Is it because extremely rich individuals support right wing media propaganda which convinces millions of resentful people to target their frustrations and blame on Americans with low incomes, not on individuals with extremely high incomes?

Last edited:
I know. You guys are seeing the point. We waste billions constantly. Some of the wasted billions do a tad more good than others. I would rather see billions wasted on student debt relief than billions wasted on some other things.

I’m for forgiving all student loan debt, as long as the US government gets out of the loan business.

Can we agree on this?

And what is your response to Vol Main's posts above?

The contract that was signed for PPP loans stated they did not have to be repaid if certain provisions were met.

The terms of student loan contract says they have to be repaid.

It's all in the contractual terms you signed.

The contract that was signed for PPP loans stated they did not have to be repaid if certain provisions were met.

The terms of student loan contract says they have to be repaid.

It's all in the contractual terms you signed.
So you disagree with the right for a mutually agreed on change in terms after an initial contract is signed?

Do people who’s loans are in default get forgiveness, too? I can see forgiving loans for people who have made an effort to pay them back, but loan deadbeats shouldn’t get the same consideration.

So if a mortgage company and I agree on terms but we decide after the contract is signed that Luther should pay the debt it would be fair to luther?
If they want to use the money I am already paying the mortgage company to pay off your debt instead of buying a fourth luxury suite at the stadium, I'm good with that.

If they want to use the money I am already paying the mortgage company to pay off your debt instead of buying a fourth luxury suite at the stadium, I'm good with that.
So it is your premise is there will be no tax increases? Do you believe that to be factual?

Reactions: AM64
I'm loving this newfound insistence from Republicans for fairness. Conservatives have been demanding tax cuts for the rich and trying to slash social programs for the poor for 40 years. The party identity is antithetical to fairness.

Do people who’s loans are in default get forgiveness, too? I can see forgiving loans for people who have made an effort to pay them back, but loan deadbeats shouldn’t get the same consideration.
I agree. I would like to see a program like "after each year of paying off the loan, 10% of the remaining balance is forgiven."
Or maybe, after each year of paying off the loan, the interest rate is reduced by a percentage point until it reaches 0, and remains at 0 as long as payments are made.
Either of these would benefit those who are actively paying off their debt.

I'm loving this newfound insistence from Republicans for fairness. Conservatives have been demanding tax cuts for the rich and trying to slash social programs for the poor for 40 years. The party identity is antithetical to fairness.

This is rich as hell..
Here we are as taxpayers being asked to fund people that took a part in a social program and could not meet their commitments.
Looks like the social program that you support is a massive Failure.
Do you radicals ever have any personal accountability on anything?

This is rich as hell..
Here we are as taxpayers being asked to fund people that took a part in a social program and could not meet their commitments.
Do you radicals ever have any personal accountability on anything?
I paid off my student loans but nice try. Doesn't change the point. Republican ideology has been about preserving wealth for America's richest at all costs since long before I was born. These crocodile tears over fairness is simply laughable.

I know people that haven’t got their tax refund from 2020. How does this work?

Last edited:
I paid off my student loans but nice try. Doesn't change the point. Republican ideology has been about preserving wealth for America's richest at all costs since long before I was born. These crocodile tears over fairness is simply laughable.
For the rich? What do you classify as rich?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back