France is Burning

If I need what they're selling. Their feelings wouldn't be my primary concern.

I would and don't do business with people/companies that I feel don't want my business. I've switched companies for product before for that very reason. Sometimes I've paid more. There are very few things that you can't procure from other suppliers/businesses.
If they don't want you as a customer, would you trust what you're buying?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I would and don't do business with people/companies that I feel don't want my business. I've switched companies for product before for that very reason. Sometimes I've paid more. There are very few things that you can't procure from other suppliers/businesses.
If they don't want you as a customer, would you trust what you're buying?
That would depend on the product and circumstances.

The point is be careful what you wish for. Maybe someone in power decides discrimination against nazis, skin heads, whatever, is against the law and you are forced to serve them. I don't want that hand of government over me, would you.

You can't legislate the heart. No matter how hard they try. Many times it has the opposite effect.

Reactions: BreatheUT
The point is be careful what you wish for. Maybe someone in power decides discrimination against nazis, skin heads, whatever, is against the law and you are forced to serve them. I don't want that hand of government over me, would you.

You can't legislate the heart. No matter how hard they try. Many times it has the opposite effect.
So I didn't miss the point. I just answered the question.

So I didn't miss the point. I just answered the question.
No, you did miss the point. You can't expect freedom unless you grant it to others. Others don't necessarily agree with your ideals. You take away through government their rights, you may lose yours some day.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Not that world anymore. Show me that business now, I’d open one right beside it.
It's still that world some places. And like you mentioned, attitudes change. The country's getting more polarized thanks mainly to the Dems, so we may well see more of that world.
There may not be enough minority traffic to keep your place in business.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
No, you did miss the point. You can't expect freedom unless you grant it to others. Others don't necessarily agree with your ideals. You take away through government their rights, you may lose yours some day.
I understand very well what you're saying.

It happens. When I was a kid there were plenty of businesses that didn't want black people's money.

Most of that was government mandated segregation. Sure plenty businesses discriminated out of their own free will but for the most part they were just following government rules. Business wants your money.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It's still that world some places. And like you mentioned, attitudes change. The country's getting more polarized thanks mainly to the Dems, so we may well see more of that world.
There may not be enough minority traffic to keep your place in business.

It’s ok if people don’t like each other. Not for the government fixing that.

There are too many people of too many races, religion, orientations, etc to worry about “fixing” this issue for people. The economics fix any of it that needs fixing.

My traffic would be minorities plus people anyone else that dislikes racists.

Most of that was government mandated segregation. Sure plenty businesses discriminated out of their own free will but for the most part they were just following government rules. Business wants your money.
It wasn't per government rules. The owners and a lot of their white customers didn't want blacks there.

VN Store

Back