*****Freak’s Night Before the Oklahoma game admittedly off topic thread

Spending the night in downtown Eldorado, IL, enjoying our fall festival, aka Town and Country Days. We're waiting for Aaron Tippin to take the stage. I just ran into a friend of mine who's a big OU football fan. He didn't sound nearly as optimistic as he normally does this time of year. I see that as a very good sign, GBO!

Can you tell a difference between prime and a well cooked regular steak? Well as in done right not well done temp
A good prime ribeye is my favorite cut of beef, shy of Wagyu/A5. The marbling makes much more of a difference than it does in a filet. Med rare, rest 5 minutes. Blue cheese butter. . . . Heaven.

My household is under the weather. My toddler has an ear infection and I’m just worn down. I think I’ll sip on my apple pie and share some popcorn while laying low this weekend.

Shame, because I was going to celebrate birthdays and watch with lots of family, but maybe it’s for the best. I can be a nervous ball of energy when the game is on.

I've got 13# of brisket sex ready to love in the morning. Plan on separating, then turning the point into burnt ends over the final hour or so.

Game stomach is at 9.5.

Seared some sea bass and served with roasted Italian tomatoes. Settling with a Chimay Grand Reserve and watching these late games.

Go Vols!

My household is under the weather. My toddler has an ear infection and I’m just worn down. I think I’ll sip on my apple pie and share some popcorn while laying low this weekend.

Shame, because I was going to celebrate birthdays and watch with lots of family, but maybe it’s for the best. I can be a nervous ball of energy when the game is on.
Sorry to hear that bud. Hope the little one improves quickly on antibiotics.

My Daddy took a child bride after he came home from the war. He’s been gone for a long time but his bride ( my Mamma) can’t wait to see Jesus as she’s laying here in the hospital. I promise there’s not a bigger UT fan anywhere and today when she told me she was ready to go up them golden steps I said you don’t want to miss the game Sat. then the biggest smile came across her face. So for now I’ll be watching from a hospital room. Go Vols!!

My Daddy took a child bride after he came home from the war. He’s been gone for a long time but his bride ( my Mamma) can’t wait to see Jesus as she’s laying here in the hospital. I promise there’s not a bigger UT fan anywhere and today when she told me she was ready to go up them golden steps I said you don’t want to miss the game Sat. then the biggest smile came across her face. So for now I’ll be watching from a hospital room. Go Vols!!
God Bless BOTH of you!

VN Store

Back