*****Freak's Friday night before the NC State game, admittedly off topic thread*****

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We're just over 24 hours until Tennessee kicks off the game against NC State! Anybody nervous? Just a little? No disrespect to Chattanooga, but this is really the season opener, away from home, against a power five opponent.

You guys did an awesome job in this thread last week. There were some fantastic posts and I enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. We had a little bit of everything.

We had a wedding anniversary (@feathersax, although he declined to tell us how many years), someone had a baby one the way (@RockiesTop22 any news to share?) and food. Lots of food. I didn't figure out who was traveling the furthest, but @rockytop1792 had a 4.5 hour haul. @orangepenez was the most excited for the thread, he wins the spirit award.

We had a parent of a former UTC player @LexVol71. I hope he was wearing orange. @Volador said he's taping the vols? Taping? You still using a VCR these days? (Just poking at you volador.) @TN Jed how did the orange hair chalk in the beard go? Inquiring minds want to know. Any pics? @Hunter10139 broke all the rules and spent game day at Dollywood. How'd that go? Ride any of the rides? @NighthawkVol had the day with his wife out of town. Did he survive it? Anyone seen him posting? And finally, @joevol33 wins the award for best looking ribeyes on the grill. But be honest Joe, you googled that picture on the internet, didn't you?

On with this week's thread...

Roll call. Who's going? And for those driving in, how far is your trip?

Those not attending, what the plan for tomorrow? Watching with friends and family? Going out? Tell me about the food menu.

What else is on the agenda? What other NCAA games are you looking forward to. Anyone catching a high school game tonight? If so, let us know about it.

Whatever is on your mind tonight before the game, post it here.

Don't forget to join the pick the score contest and enter your week two picks in the season contest.

Go Vols!

Unfortunately, I've been nursing an acute flare up of cellulitis this week, but been on antibiotics a couple days now and starting to feel better. Staying in tonight resting.

Sunday is my 50th birthday and the missus has coordinated a few friends over. I'm doing my famous crockpot / finish on the grill Brats. Tennessee game will be on as we all enjoy dinner, cheesecake, and just sharing life with each other....pics of the Brats will be posted later...hahaha

We're just over 24 hours until Tennessee kicks off the game against NC State! Anybody nervous? Just a little? No disrespect to Chattanooga, but this is really the season opener, away from home, against a power five opponent.

You guys did an awesome job in this thread last week. There were some fantastic posts and I enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. We had a little bit of everything.

We had a wedding anniversary (@feathersax, although he declined to tell us how many years), someone had a baby one the way (@RockiesTop22 any news to share?) and food. Lots of food. I didn't figure out who was traveling the furthest, but @rockytop1792 had a 4.5 hour haul. @orangepenez was the most excited for the thread, he wins the spirit award.

We had a parent of a former UTC player @LexVol71. I hope he was wearing orange. @Volador said he's taping the vols? Taping? You still using a VCR these days? (Just poking at you volador.) @TN Jed how did the orange hair chalk in the beard go? Inquiring minds want to know. Any pics? @Hunter10139 broke all the rules and spent game day at Dollywood. How'd that go? Ride any of the rides? @NighthawkVol had the day with his wife out of town. Did he survive it? Anyone seen him posting? And finally, @joevol33 wins the award for best looking ribeyes on the grill. But be honest Joe, you googled that picture on the internet, didn't you?

Those not attending, what the plan for tomorrow? Watching with friends and family? Going out? Tell me about the food menu.

What else is on the agenda? What other NCAA games are you looking forward to. Anyone catching a high school game tonight? If so, let us know about it.

Don't forget to join the pick the score contest and enter your week two picks in the season contest.

Go Vols!

I will be watching the SEC tripleheader on mute on ABC while listening to the pregame and game on the radio.

Go Vols!
Indeed, me & the Missus celebrated anniversary #49. We used to go to games but now leave that to the younger set. Alwa;ys love our Vols! :cool:
Addenda: Oh, we still go to Hoover for the SECT & plan to for years to come.

Attachments

• Mark, Ginny, Adam at SEC Tournament 2021.jpg
    Mark, Ginny, Adam at SEC Tournament 2021.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Workin in the ER for this one, can’t stand to wait till after the shift so I’ll be ducking into the break room to check the score between patients. I have a great setup where I get off work for the home games, but that usually means I’m working almost every away game. I’ll take it over the inverse though

Planning a day of watching football from the pool. Temps have cooled down a bit, and I can feel the end of pool season sneaking up on us. So the hubby and I are trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

Hoping Nebraska saves us from any further Colorado media blitz. Ugh.

Not sure what I'll cook tomorrow. I'm itching to make a big pot of veggie beef soup and cornbread, but it's still too warm outside. Maybe homemade pizza - maybe breakfast for dinner. Can't go wrong either way!

Go Vols!
Them were my ribeyes! Nothing better than dead cow on the grill!

Unfortunately, I've been nursing an acute flare up of cellulitis this week, but been on antibiotics a couple days now and starting to feel better. Staying in tonight resting.

Sunday is my 50th birthday and the missus has coordinated a few friends over. I'm doing my famous crockpot / finish on the grill Brats. Tennessee game will be on as we all enjoy dinner, cheesecake, and just sharing life with each other....pics of the Brats will be posted later...hahaha
Happy Birthday! Hope you're feeling back to normal by kickoff!

Yo, @Freak. The chalk hair-beard thing went ok.....she basically chalked my white (really grey) hair. Turned out ok, but not as orange as I expected. That's ok, she had fun. While I was frying some chicken wings she got the idea to get the dog's eyebrows, lol. And put an orange bandana on him....I aint' complainin'....we had a great time together!

Attachments

• 20240831_135459.jpg
    20240831_135459.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240831_141952 (1).jpg
    20240831_141952 (1).jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 29

VN Store

Back