*****Freak's Friday night before the NC State game, admittedly off topic thread*****

The only other game other than ours I’m excited to watch is Nebraska/CO. I’m pulling for that Raiola kid ever since he spurned UGA lol.

I think TX wins in a low-mid scoring game. I don’t particularly enjoy watching Big teams other than OSU in an SEC matchup.

Other than that we’re going on a lil road trip on Sunday to Dubois, WY to enjoy the last days of this transition from summer to fall.
I have a STRONG disdain for Nebraska. I also don't like Deion as a coach. F***

Oklahoma State or Oregon State?

It's tOSU if you mean the f******

We're just over 24 hours until Tennessee kicks off the game against NC State! Anybody nervous? Just a little? No disrespect to Chattanooga, but this is really the season opener, away from home, against a power five opponent.

You guys did an awesome job in this thread last week. There were some fantastic posts and I enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. We had a little bit of everything.

We had a wedding anniversary (@feathersax, although he declined to tell us how many years), someone had a baby one the way (@RockiesTop22 any news to share?) and food. Lots of food. I didn't figure out who was traveling the furthest, but @rockytop1792 had a 4.5 hour haul. @orangepenez was the most excited for the thread, he wins the spirit award.

We had a parent of a former UTC player @LexVol71. I hope he was wearing orange. @Volador said he's taping the vols? Taping? You still using a VCR these days? (Just poking at you volador.) @TN Jed how did the orange hair chalk in the beard go? Inquiring minds want to know. Any pics? @Hunter10139 broke all the rules and spent game day at Dollywood. How'd that go? Ride any of the rides? @NighthawkVol had the day with his wife out of town. Did he survive it? Anyone seen him posting? And finally, @joevol33 wins the award for best looking ribeyes on the grill. But be honest Joe, you googled that picture on the internet, didn't you?

On with this week's thread...

Roll call. Who's going? And for those driving in, how far is your trip?

Those not attending, what the plan for tomorrow? Watching with friends and family? Going out? Tell me about the food menu.

What else is on the agenda? What other NCAA games are you looking forward to. Anyone catching a high school game tonight? If so, let us know about it.

Whatever is on your mind tonight before the game, post it here.

Don't forget to join the pick the score contest and enter your week two picks in the season contest.

Go Vols!
We’re here in Charlotte. 2 of us here with 2 more on the way. Had dinner at Noble Smoke Bbq, sitting outside listening to bluegrass. It was a hoot. Tomorrow, we’re planning to check out the fan fest, tailgate, and maybe check out that NASCAR museum. But by 7:30, I’m gonna be in my seat and hollerin’.

We’re here in Charlotte. 2 of us here with 2 more on the way. Had dinner at Noble Smoke Bbq, sitting outside listening to bluegrass. It was a hoot. Tomorrow, we’re planning to check out the fan fest, tailgate, and maybe check out that NASCAR museum. But by 7:30, I’m gonna be in my seat and hollerin’.
Charlotte is a cool town. BOA Stadium* isn't bad, but kinda old at this point.

Saw Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney there in '12.

I don’t really have beef with fans of teams outside of the SEC other than NC State. This week they’re our enemy.

P.S. I meant 🌰
There is no school outside the SEC I hate more than tOSU.

giphy.gif

We're just over 24 hours until Tennessee kicks off the game against NC State! Anybody nervous? Just a little? No disrespect to Chattanooga, but this is really the season opener, away from home, against a power five opponent.

You guys did an awesome job in this thread last week. There were some fantastic posts and I enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. We had a little bit of everything.

We had a wedding anniversary (@feathersax, although he declined to tell us how many years), someone had a baby one the way (@RockiesTop22 any news to share?) and food. Lots of food. I didn't figure out who was traveling the furthest, but @rockytop1792 had a 4.5 hour haul. @orangepenez was the most excited for the thread, he wins the spirit award.

We had a parent of a former UTC player @LexVol71. I hope he was wearing orange. @Volador said he's taping the vols? Taping? You still using a VCR these days? (Just poking at you volador.) @TN Jed how did the orange hair chalk in the beard go? Inquiring minds want to know. Any pics? @Hunter10139 broke all the rules and spent game day at Dollywood. How'd that go? Ride any of the rides? @NighthawkVol had the day with his wife out of town. Did he survive it? Anyone seen him posting? And finally, @joevol33 wins the award for best looking ribeyes on the grill. But be honest Joe, you googled that picture on the internet, didn't you?

On with this week's thread...

Roll call. Who's going? And for those driving in, how far is your trip?

Those not attending, what the plan for tomorrow? Watching with friends and family? Going out? Tell me about the food menu.

What else is on the agenda? What other NCAA games are you looking forward to. Anyone catching a high school game tonight? If so, let us know about it.

Whatever is on your mind tonight before the game, post it here.

Don't forget to join the pick the score contest and enter your week two picks in the season contest.

Go Vols!

Nice job recounting several fan's posts from last week @Freak! You're the Santa Claus of VN. "He sees you when you're posting, he knows when you're awake!" Lol

Not too nervous about NC State tomorrow night. They will be a good next level test for us and I think the coaches will have the players ready to romp. With all the returning veterans this season, I have lots of confidence in our team.

Unfortunately, I won't be there but plan to root on the vols from a friend's house who enjoys putting out a spread on GameDay. My contribution is my famous smoked salmon dip. Just returned from another trip to Alaska and my fish arrived just in time for college football season.

Go Vols!!!!

Wife and I live about 40 minutes north of the stadium. Born and raised here in NC but I bleed Orange and White. We have decided to have a big cookout with some friends who are nc state fans and other neighbors instead of fighting the crowd in Charlotte. Smoked wings, smoked queso dip, grilled deer backstrap, pasta salad, corn on the cob, and a big salad out of the garden. I will set up TVs outside on the deck for the boys. We’ll smoke cigars and drink bourbon. The girls stay inside and gossip. I think we win big tomorrow. GO VOLS!!!!

The wife and I arranged weekend plans for the kids with friends and we’ll be hitting the road around 9am in the morning to head from Karns to Charlotte. We’re hoping to be exploring the areas around Bank of America Stadium by early afternoon. Tonight I am watching the Packers and Eagles alternate plays of either slipping on the field or getting penalties. Riveting stuff.

Yeah this will be the game and it will be especially our defense being tested.

The only other game other than ours I’m excited to watch is Nebraska/CO. I’m pulling for that Raiola kid ever since he spurned UGA lol.

I think TX wins in a low-mid scoring game. I don’t particularly enjoy watching Big teams other than OSU in an SEC matchup.

Other than that we’re going on a lil road trip on Sunday to Dubois, WY to enjoy the last days of this transition from summer to fall.
It’s gorgeous down through there.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Will be watching the game with other alumni in Dallas. If you are in the area, stop by one of our two locations in the metroplex.

Attachments

• IMG_5778.jpeg
    IMG_5778.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Wife and I live about 40 minutes north of the stadium. Born and raised here in NC but I bleed Orange and White. We have decided to have a big cookout with some friends who are nc state fans and other neighbors instead of fighting the crowd in Charlotte. Smoked wings, smoked queso dip, grilled deer backstrap, pasta salad, corn on the cob, and a big salad out of the garden. I will set up TVs outside on the deck for the boys. We’ll smoke cigars and drink bourbon. The girls stay inside and gossip. I think we win big tomorrow. GO VOLS!!!!
If I attended your cookout, I’d be outside watching the game with y’all lol.

FWIW - as I relax and recooperate this evening, been watching the IU game due to the local interest. I know it's cleanup time against a very over powered opponent, but Tayven Jackson looks more the part of a QB.

Watching Marshall County dismantle Station Camp late 3Q 40-0. Catching a bit of LV 🏐 vs UCLA not that know much about volleyball. LV 2-0.

No menu plans yet. Had a tough week.

Last edited:
Son is home from UT. Plan on visiting family tomorrow with him. Overeating for sure. Watching the game from the screened in porch. Anxious to see Pearce let loose

VN Store

Back