*****Freak's Friday night before the NC State game, admittedly off topic thread*****

Caught the Zeppelin tribute ZOSO tonight in Bristol, gotta cut up some trees in the AM and then over to a friends house in the afternoon for a soak in the hot tub and then ribs and a big Vol victory. After that, down to the river and a big victory fire, cigar n suchā€¦.then sleep in on Sunday.

Just got in an hour ago.. surprised I didnā€™t see more orange at the airport but hoping to see a sea of it tomorrow afternoon .. anyone know how much of a cluster it is getting into the parking at this stadium? I have reserved in lot 1 next to the stadium .. just trying to figure out what time I need to be there to ensure I make it inside for all the pregame festivities

Watched (on utube) one of the best high school football games in a long time! Upperman (Baxter, TN) beat Macon Co. (Celina) 35-34.
Go Bees!
UT vs UNCSt ain't gonna' be nearly that close. I say we boatrace wolfpack!!

Woke up early with game stomach. I think we are rolling with shrimp boil for the menu this evening. I'm looking forward to christening my new ambient lighting in the basement -- I'll post a pic, but the color doesn't come across right. Apparently orange is tough for LEDs. It looks good IRL.

1000012680.jpg

Just got in an hour ago.. surprised I didnā€™t see more orange at the airport but hoping to see a sea of it tomorrow afternoon .. anyone know how much of a cluster it is getting into the parking at this stadium? I have reserved in lot 1 next to the stadium .. just trying to figure out what time I need to be there to ensure I make it inside for all the pregame festivities
Most people are driving in, so not surprised you didn't see many at the airport. I've never found gamedays a cluster at BOA, because there are so many routes in and out of uptown and so many parking options.

Good morning Vol Nation! Woke up feeling excited about the game - no nerves here. Iā€™m confident in our team, we just have to execute out there!

Iā€™m in Nashville and will be at a sports bar up here watching it.

I am going to watch at home and eat beef stew that I made Thursday night (the short ribs will be well marinated by now). Anyone who knows me and wants to watch with me is welcome to come over for food, drinks and football. Just donā€™t change the channel on the big TV.

I hope to keep my son up past his bedtime. Heā€™s a toddler and yesterday my wife said he wore one of his UT shirts to daycare and was pointing at it saying ā€œdaddyā€ to his class. Iā€™m thankful that I have him on the right track.

We're just over 24 hours until Tennessee kicks off the game against NC State! Anybody nervous? Just a little? No disrespect to Chattanooga, but this is really the season opener, away from home, against a power five opponent.

You guys did an awesome job in this thread last week. There were some fantastic posts and I enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. We had a little bit of everything.

We had a wedding anniversary (@feathersax, although he declined to tell us how many years), someone had a baby one the way (@RockiesTop22 any news to share?) and food. Lots of food. I didn't figure out who was traveling the furthest, but @rockytop1792 had a 4.5 hour haul. @orangepenez was the most excited for the thread, he wins the spirit award.

We had a parent of a former UTC player @LexVol71. I hope he was wearing orange. @Volador said he's taping the vols? Taping? You still using a VCR these days? (Just poking at you volador.) @TN Jed how did the orange hair chalk in the beard go? Inquiring minds want to know. Any pics? @Hunter10139 broke all the rules and spent game day at Dollywood. How'd that go? Ride any of the rides? @NighthawkVol had the day with his wife out of town. Did he survive it? Anyone seen him posting? And finally, @joevol33 wins the award for best looking ribeyes on the grill. But be honest Joe, you googled that picture on the internet, didn't you?

On with this week's thread...

Roll call. Who's going? And for those driving in, how far is your trip?

Those not attending, what the plan for tomorrow? Watching with friends and family? Going out? Tell me about the food menu.

What else is on the agenda? What other NCAA games are you looking forward to. Anyone catching a high school game tonight? If so, let us know about it.

Whatever is on your mind tonight before the game, post it here.

Don't forget to join the pick the score contest and enter your week two picks in the season contest.

Go Vols!
I want to say something: LSU, FSU, FLA and Clemson, how does it feel? all of you gave Tennessee a hard time when UT was having seasons like yours....whatever comes around goes around. GBO!

Reactions: adam.vol
Live in the south Charlotte area and will be at tailgate by 3:30. Youngest daughter and bf, both sophomores, came in from Knoxville. Oldest son, UT grad, lives in CLT as well and he will be there with many fraternity brothers. Go Vols!

Reactions: Hacksaw
I was hanging in Solana and Encinitas a couple of weeks ago and the weather was perfect even by San Diego standards.
Used to live in Tierra Santa, just south of Miramar. Miss the weather but not the fires or the cost of living.

VN Store

Back