Fulmer speaks out

Classy words from a class act Volunteer. Really put things into perspective of our recent administrative instability. I truly believe we are headed in the right direction to where we belong, at the pinnacle of college football. Hoping these next 2 weeks fly by. The journey back to the top starts with Austin Peay. Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
I think Fulmer nailed it. Hopefully, the more the people keep harping on this, the faster it will be resolved.

I could be wrong in this so please correct me if I am. I thought when Dickey left, Fulmer had a lot of influence in the hiring of Hamilton. That was always my assumption.

Reactions: 2 people
I could be wrong in this so please correct me if I am. I thought when Dickey left, Fulmer had a lot of influence in the hiring of Hamilton. That was always my assumption.

You would be correct... heck, Hamilton is the man that gave Fulmer the raise/extension in the summer of 2008 that pretty much ended both of their careers in Knoxville. So Hamilton was loyal to Fulmer until the bitter end.

Reactions: 3 people
You would be correct... heck, Hamilton is the man that gave Fulmer the raise/extension in the summer of 2008 that pretty much ended both of their careers in Knoxville. So Hamilton was loyal to Fulmer until the bitter end.

Some people just don't get it period. You are one of those people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Funny that when Cutcliff was here, we didn't notice the administration. Fulmer accomplished something of which all VolNation can be proud, but 5 win seasons are not the product of an administration.

Reactions: 8 people
So we were playing administrators against LSU in 01, Clemson and Maryland in Peach Bowls, all the 05, 08 seasons and several debacles against Florida?! Wow! Explains a lot.

Reactions: 12 people
Bash the man who won a National Championship and played for numerous SECC's. I just don't get some of you. After what we've been through since he left you should begin to have some kind of clue of how hard it is to do what he accomplished. Some of you act like he burned down the university, but instead what he left was a legacy here at UT of being a perineal powerhouse. A storied and rich tradition of winning. He set the bar high. Get over yourselves, and your overinflated egos.

Blast away! I'm going to enjoy this :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 people
Bash the man who won a National Championship and played for numerous SECC's. I just don't get some of you. After what we've been through since he left you should begin to have some kind of clue of how hard it is to do what he accomplished. Some of you act like he burned down the university, but instead what he left was a legacy here at UT of being a perineal powerhouse. A storied and rich tradition of winning. He set the bar high. Get over yourselves, and your overinflated egos.

Regardless, the administration did not promote Sanders or hire Clawson. Those were all on Fulmer. The administration, if anything, stayed too loyal to Fulmer for the same reasons you mentioned above.

I do blame the administration for making some very questionable hires since Fulmer was fired. Also for not supporting the AD financially when it came to hiring a coach

Maybe now we have it fixed

Funny that when Cutcliff was here, we didn't notice the administration. Fulmer accomplished something of which all VolNation can be proud, but 5 win seasons are not the product of an administration.

Fulmer and Cut were a good team. It is evident that they were better together than either of them were apart. Cut is a good head coach, but not a great one. Cut was a very important part of UT's success as was Chief( whom many on here also hate) I just don't get you people. I am thankful to them all for giving us almost 2 decades of awesome football to watch. I'm also hoping Butch can do the same.

i'm sorry, but this is a crock.

what, in terms or resources, was denied the tennessee football program by the administration?

i have heard complaints from coaches about university administrations before. however, it was all about money denied to the program. upgrades to practice facilities, stadium, coach's offices, recruiting budgets, etc, etc, etc.

i don't believe that was a problem in any way at tennessee.

It was a combined effort.. One Fulmer was a big part of.. You don't get complacent in this league and not pay for it..

I think the upcoming changes on the University Board of Trustees will be positive.

Regardless, the administration did not promote Sanders or hire Clawson. Those were all on Fulmer. The administration, if anything, stayed too loyal to Fulmer for the same reasons you mentioned above.

I do blame the administration for making some very questionable hires since Fulmer was fired. Also for not supporting the AD financially when it came to hiring a coach

Maybe now we have it fixed

Sanders was 62-26 as the OC at UT. That's a .705 winning percentage. That's terrible how?

wow..... good thing Cutcliff was here in 2001 also. oh wait.:banghead2:

VN Store

Back