'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

He is going to flex in and out regardless of where he ends up. He is a mismatch for various defenders. He wants to focus on being a tight end. That’s where he would play in the NFL. Not that 40 times mean everything or anything but Gronk runs in the high 4.6 range whereas Gilbert runs a 4.83. He isn’t going to play receiver in the NFL imo. Not sure what SECKING’s take is on that. I wasn’t aware he was a Georgia fan, shows how much I pay attention. I know UGA fans were displeased with Chaney’s use of the TE. I do not know how much that would hurt Tennessee even if Georgia was negatively recruiting it. It’s just as simple for Tennessee to say that Kirby wouldn’t let him open the system up with the tight ends, and they are bringing Harrison Bailey In so that they can open it up more for tight ends. I mean for example Riley Ridley (UGA’s leading receiver yardage wise in 2018) had 559 yards. In 2012, TE Mychal Rivera had 562 yards on 7 less receptions. You can negative recruit things all day long.
He was insinuating that TN was telling him he could play WR to get him because that's what he wants to play. I'll take your word on it if he told you he wants to play TE.

He is going to flex in and out regardless of where he ends up. He is a mismatch for various defenders. He wants to focus on being a tight end. That’s where he would play in the NFL. Not that 40 times mean everything or anything but Gronk runs in the high 4.6 range whereas Gilbert runs a 4.83. He isn’t going to play receiver in the NFL imo. Not sure what SECKING’s take is on that. I wasn’t aware he was a Georgia fan, shows how much I pay attention. I know UGA fans were displeased with Chaney’s use of the TE. I do not know how much that would hurt Tennessee even if Georgia was negatively recruiting it. It’s just as simple for Tennessee to say that Kirby wouldn’t let him open the system up with the tight ends, and they are bringing Harrison Bailey In so that they can open it up more for tight ends. I mean for example Riley Ridley (UGA’s leading receiver yardage wise in 2018) had 559 yards. In 2012, TE Mychal Rivera had 562 yards on 7 less receptions. You can negative recruit things all day long.

I understand everything you are saying. No one else is talking to Arik about play Wr but UT. If they get Washington and Gilbert he will be at Wr a lot.

You make all of Harrison’s travel plans? Because the next day after I said that Arik would likely visit, Harrison told 247 that he thought Arik was probably going to be at Tennessee this weekend. You’ve lost me lol. I like the back and forth, but I only say what I am directly told by recruits, so I don’t know what else to tell you.
No someone said HB was coming to Ut and it was news to me

UGA fans complain about everything Chaney did. He didnt run it enough but he also didn't use his tight ends enough. I didnt watch much of georgia but they had 2 1,000 yard rushers 2 years in a row. Also I know how he used Riveria, who wasnt half as talented as some tight ends on our roster now, and made him into a NFL tight end.

Why the argument over if he will play TE or WR? At times pretty much all teams that have a TE with great hands will utilize him as a receiver whether it be lined up at the tight end position or if he flexes out.. And.. WR receivers block as well at times.. So... It's football.. The kid and the staff know they both want to do anything to beat the other team.. That's the common goal or should be. The question is where his heart lies.. Or if it just more of a business decision.. What school will help him reach his goals.. And honestly any school he is looking at would certainly try.. Of course The Vols is obviously the best choice... 😁

then why come through?
I was told by a friend to read some content and just stuck around. Because you guys are close on a few things but miles away on others. I will sign off for good! I will leave you guys alone but the Vol fans come 4th of July are going to Happy. Congrats! can’t wait to win that Natty✌🏼

He was insinuating that TN was telling him he could play WR to get him because that's what he wants to play. I'll take your word on it if he told you he wants to play TE.
Not my words, Gilbert’s own words.

“They’ve just been telling me that I can come and change the program,” Gilbert told GoVols247’s Ryan Callahan after the visit. “They told me that they would play me, like as a receiver.”
“If I could play receiver, I would want to,” Gilbert said last month.
Telling a recruit what they want to hear isn’t a stretch or pretty much any salesman. Sounds like someone has convinced Gilbert that TE is his future if he wants to stay on offense...
His wingspan, would love to see what he could do at DE.

imagine creating the account, confirming the email address, setting up the account, spending hours and hours reading Internet forums of sports team just to do some light trolling
Or... imagine attacking a dude who has connections in GA and running him off over a TE/WR debate that he is likely right about.

VN Store

Back