'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

There are plenty of posters on Volnation that are fans of lots of different schools, and everyone is welcome here. The difference is that they don’t venture into player threads on the recruiting forum and start talking about how they hope their school lands a recruit that UT is targeting.
Knowledgeable posters know that UT is probably a cap on the table. No reason to hate on other team’s fans.

Who would you credit in the recent success of OL recruitment? Just curious
Glen is a great coach but not a good recruiter. This isn’t changing. He resonates with 1 out of every 10 kids in recruitment and the kids love him once they get here but he just doesn’t show well.

We’ve done a nice job augmenting with people around him that help but if you go name by name on the kids and why we got them, Glen is not a top 2/3 reason:
- Campbell: 1. Spyre 2. Milton
- LHeard: 1. Spyre 2. Playing time
- JHeard: 1. Chop 2. Not sure?
- Warren: 1. Heup 2. Spyre 3. KP/Glen?
- Sanders: 1. GMac 2. Heup 3. Spyre 4. Glen?
- Satter: maybe Glen and KP?

Answered this in another thread. The other point id say is that our scouting department has done a great job getting out in front of kids, getting them on campus as soph and juniors, which allows more time with Glen rather than one meeting. He shows much better overtime than a single meeting

I thought the original "Heard" was Lance and I said he was starting but then they clarified it was Jeremias lol
I knew what you were thinking. It’s confusing with 2 Heards and both are (apparently) LTs. 🙂

This sets up really well for the future. If things go as planned with Lance, he’ll be gone after 2025. Jeremias with be a redshirt sophomore in 2026, so you have him, Sanders (true sophomore), Warren (true junior or redshirt sophomore), Jesse Perry (redshirt sophomore), Gage Ginther (redshirt sophomore), and Trevor Duncan (redshirt junior) as OT bodies. That’s a lot of developed, talented depth at OT. And at least 3 of them are LT types. The ones who don’t win starting jobs at OT could slide inside to start at Guard…if the talented young Guards we have and have coming in can’t beat them out.

Whoever wins that 2026 QB job will have a really good OLine in front of him. And probably Lewis and Seldon behind him. We know he’ll have studs to throw to.

I knew what you were thinking. It’s confusing with 2 Heards and both are (apparently) LTs. 🙂

This sets up really well for the future. If things go as planned with Lance, he’ll be gone after 2025. Jeremias with be a redshirt sophomore in 2026, so you have him, Sanders (true sophomore), Warren (true junior or redshirt sophomore), Jesse Perry (redshirt sophomore), Gage Ginther (redshirt sophomore), and Trevor Duncan (redshirt junior) as OT bodies. That’s a lot of developed, talented depth at OT. And at least 3 of them are LT types. The ones who don’t win starting jobs at OT could slide inside to start at Guard…if the talented young Guards we have and have coming in can’t beat them out.

Whoever wins that 2026 QB job will have a really good OLine in front of him. And probably Lewis and Seldon behind him. We know he’ll have studs to throw to.
And a HC that can out scheme the other guy. Man this is exciting

I really really like D. Sanders but I absolutely 🧡 Petty. This guy needs to wear the Orange.

Was I persuasive enough?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Would we rather have Sanders or both Petty & Gaston for the same money? NB4 why not both.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back