'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Can't wait til we finish in February with a top 10 class and all the knuckleheads can come around for their annual serving of crow. But, they'll just do the same crap next year anyway.
Uh.......no. The way it's going now, we won't even be as high ranked as last year. Especially if we lose 7 again, no way a top 10 class comes.

The recruiting status of our 2020 class has nothing to do with how our team performs this 2019 SEASON. So setting record expectations based on status quo seems a bit desperate. By bit I mean a LOT. Facts happen with or without jockeys whipping their ass on a message board. I predict a more dangerous team on the field and that affecting results in the standings. I’ll wait to see if my predictions are right. Easy, huh? 😏

The recruiting status of our 2020 class has nothing to do with how our team performs this 2019 SEASON.

Nahhh maybe in some cases but I don't think that blanket statement is true. Recruits want to see improvement on the field

Last edited:
Reactions: vols 30
The recruiting status of our 2020 class has nothing to do with how our team performs this 2019 SEASON. So setting record expectations based on status quo seems a bit desperate. By bit I mean a LOT. Facts happen with or without jockeys whipping their ass on a message board. I predict a more dangerous team on the field and that affecting results in the standings. I’ll wait to see if my predictions are right. Easy, huh? 😏
it absolutely matters. The most important part of recruiting is building the relationships, but without wins recruits know that the coaches they form these relationships with will be gone. They also want to go the NFL so they want to know players are improving while on campus.

And how many high school recruits do you think Alabama offers every single year? Out of those recruits they offer, how many do you think are committable? 3% maybe 5%?
From what I hear, he was pretty excited about te Alabama offer. One does not know if it real commitment, because Alabama likes to offer almost any player who is big, strong, and fast. Jackson fits that mold. That is why all school offer a lot of kids scholarships.

So many upset about a de-commitment, over a guy so many whined about when he committed;). VN is a special place.

Not me. Didn't understand the commit then, and I'm relieved today. Dodged a bullet... IMO. Another recruit that would've transferred due to lack of playing time.

it absolutely matters. The most important part of recruiting is building the relationships, but without wins recruits know that the coaches they form these relationships with will be gone. They also want to go the NFL so they want to know players are improving while on campus.
You got the whole point totally wrong. Mine was that the projected ranking/total present commits of the 20 CLASS has no effect on how this CURRENT roster performs this SEASON. Ebony Jackson staying committed isn’t worth a single touchdown against BYU...etc etc. Recalibrate after reading.

How does it not lol?

Being 100% honest--it's probably best that he decommitted cause the staff took him way too early. Even his newest Hudl video really wasn't that good. There's better options out there.

The status of our recruiting class can be defined as signees as well...if we play like sh** this year you can bet we will be sitting around the 20-25 mark in the rankings
Our signees are on the roster...already been ranked. More importantly they have a possibility of seeing playing time and affecting our win/loss record...Rhakim Jarrett doesn’t.

You got the whole point totally wrong. Mine was that the projected ranking/total present commits of the 20 CLASS has no effect on how this CURRENT roster performs this SEASON. Ebony Jackson staying committed isn’t worth a single touchdown against BYU...etc etc. Recalibrate after reading.

That makes sense... in fairness to the other posters, though, your original post reads like "our results in the 2019 season won't affect our 2020 recruiting class." ...so I think it was an honest mistake.

Our signees are on the roster...already been ranked. More importantly they have a possibility of seeing playing time and affecting our win/loss record...Rhakim Jarrett doesn’t.
Taking about the 2020 class. You can have early enrolled signees, and NSD signees ....simply stating if we underpeform yet again that will correlate to a bad signing class simple as that

That makes sense... in fairness to the other posters, though, your original post reads like "our results in the 2019 season won't affect our 2020 recruiting class." ...so I think it was an honest mistake.
I can see how one could misconstrue my point, but that’s what one would be doing...since I put the right words in there, after all. 😎

Taking about the 2020 class. You can have early enrolled signees, and NSD signees ....simply stating if we underpeform yet again that will correlate to a bad signing class simple as that

Yeah maybe...has nothing to do with my ORIGINAL point. That being what we’re bisching about affecting our record this season.

VN Store

Back