'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Someone said swan man isn’t connected anymore but I’m posting it anyways. He said TN dropped ebony
maybe there's one of these on the horizon then..........................?
giphy.gif

Jackson in a nutshell felt UT coaches should have shown more concern about him when he injured his arm Friday night in his spring game. He was frustrated and just didn't think UT showed enough concern. I am not sure what all he expected them to do, but here is what he said.
- Simmons

In his spring game last week, Jackson suffered an injury and he was a little disappointed in how the Tennessee coaches handled that situation.

"Tennessee was at my spring game and I got hurt on the fifth play of the game," said Jackson. "I broke my forearm on a block and the Tennessee coaches left right after that without checking on me. I was just bothered by that. It just didn't feel good.

"I thought they would check on me, see how I was feeling or something like that. I know they like me as a player, but I want them to like me as a person too. I just wanted them to care more about me and how I was doing.

"How I felt after that is really why I opened things back up."

Tennessee did reach out to a couple of Jackson's coaches over the weekend to check in, but it was a little too late for Jackson.

"I texted the coaches at Tennessee and let them know that I was decommitting. It took them a little while, but they got back to me and understood. They are still going to recruit me."

Despite the decommitment and some frustration on Jackson's end, Tennessee is still a school being considered by the Peach State running back.

"I am still going to look at Tennessee and I am still going to have them on my list," said Jackson. "I had a great visit up there earlier this year and the players made me feel like family, so I am not taking them off my list.

"The last visit I had to Tennessee was great. They all showed me a lot of love, so they are still a school I like."

Alabama is a school he has yet to visit, but a trip to Tuscaloosa this summer is likely. The Crimson Tide have Jackson's attention.

"I am definitely going to visit Alabama. Coach Wiggins came to see me twice this spring and they are showing a lot of interest in me. He offered me after seeing me practice and he said that he likes my speed at my size and how I run the ball.

"I know Alabama has a lot of great players, I know it is a great school and it is a school I want to visit soon."

There could be a sleeper team in the ACC that not many are talking about with Jackson that could be a real player in this race. Maryland is recruiting Jackson as hard as anyone right now and he has ties to that state.

"I was actually born in Maryland and I still have a lot of family up there," said Jackson. "I am definitely going up there as soon as I can. They have a new head coach, some of my family are die-hard Maryland fans and I have to check them out.

"I have heard a lot from them and I am sure I will be up there this summer."

East Carolina, Georgia and West Virginia are other schools Jackson said he could visit over the summer. He has yet to receive an offer from the Bulldogs, but he has been in communication with UGA running backs coach Dell McGee in recent weeks.

Jackson for now is going to take some visits, see schools he has yet to visit and find out what schools have him as a priority. He is basically starting over.

"This is kind of like me hitting the reset button for my recruiting," said Jackson. "I just want to explore all the options that I have. I want to be patient, see who offers, see who really wants me and just find the right place.

"I do not have any top schools now. Tennessee is not out. I do not have a leader. I am just 100% open to all schools now."

Due to the injury, Jackson is going to be in a hard cast for six weeks, so he isn't expected back to 100% in off-season training until July.
-Simmons

Remember when Ramel Keyton hurt his ankle (I think) last year in a game, and our coaches went to find him right when he was carted off and told him no matter what his commitment was going to be honored?

This guy gets hurt and the staff leaves immediately. Take some time before even responding to the decommit text. Yet when Jordan Davis posted his top 6 tweet, the staff reportedly immediately got in contact with him to assuage some concerns and set up a visit.

Yeah, definitely feels like the staff is distancing themselves.

Mildly noteworthy that neither in state school has offered. UGA is loaded at RB but GT needs to overhaul their roster. They've not offered a nearby kid?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Surely he has seen Chaney's absolute massiveness. Maybe he couldn't fit through the locker room doors to go see him! Very rude!

So do we hate Chaney now or just the recruit? Tell me who I'm suppose to complain about today, guys!

ikr? These people. I mean if you can't have unquestionable optimism in the face of 4-8, 5-7 seasons and a slow/confusing start to the recruiting class (its only may lol) then you got issues! Everything is perfect and everything the team does is flawless.

ikr? These people. I mean if you can't have unquestionable optimism in the face of 4-8, 5-7 seasons and a slow/confusing start to the recruiting class (its only may lol) then you got issues! Everything is perfect and everything the team does is flawless.
Far from it bro, we’re a dumpster fire and the world is ending, PAY ATTENTION AND GET MAD!!!!

Good grief. Was never Chaney's style.
Never gonna happen but I'm ready for recruiting to take a more limited role. Blasphemy, I know. Just tired of the constant "not enough love, not enough attention".
It's reaching Hollywood "and remove all the green M&Ms first" level.

VN Store

Back