'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Uh.......no. The way it's going now, we won't even be as high ranked as last year. Especially if we lose 7 again, no way a top 10 class comes.

We aren't losing 7 this year. 5 at most and thats with the bowl game. We will be improved and we have a much easier schedule than last year.

We end up top 10-12. Where we're ranked in May is irrelevant, especially when the recruits are still in their junior year. If we still have 6 or so committs in September then I'll be a little nervous. Texas,Auburn,Michigan and Texas A'M are all ranked 18th and worse with 6-8 committs also. I can guarantee they wont be there in Sept either.

Did he decommit solely because of that Alabama offer? I know we can't really trash Maryland and WVU as football programs, compared to us lately.... but we still have the better coaching staffs, conference, and location. Neither GT or UGA have offered, per 247.

I have a theory here....

This young man, IIRC, is the one that asked a graduate assistant to pull Pruitt off the field in the middle of our scrimmage and told him he wanted to commit - which Pruitt accepted.

I theorized it ITT, but I'm wondering if that was something CJP accepted, but wasn't fully prepared to at the time, but also knew if he told the kid "no" at that moment then you almost burn a bridge.

I think this staff is learning from last years mistake. We saw issues last year with some guys who wanted in, but the staff told them to wait - and it cost us at the end. Joseph Anderson specifically. We also saw them slow play some in state kids and it hurt us, whereas this year they're aggressively pursuing guys.

My theory is... we offered the young man like they've offered 400 other kids. Kid runs up on the coach while he's basically kind of distracted in the middle of a scrimmage - says he wants to commit. Pruitt accepts because like I said, if you tell a kid in that moment to hold off, the young man might hold a grudge and then you can't him to. Take it, and you've got months to evaluate.

Pruitt accepts, and the staff begins to fully evaluate everything about EJ. Maybe - again just a theory - they decide they're not really in love with what they see. They do the whole 'stop communicating' with EJ. Maybe the not being invited to the paintball excursion was the final straw.

Afterall... Harrison Bailey and some other Marietta kids went. EJ is from Marietta as well, although plays at a different school.

And yeah, I know someone posted that Ryan Callahan said that the staff wanted to keep Ebony Jackson. But I have to wonder... htf would he know what the staff wants. If there is one thing we're all pretty certain of, its that CJP runs a pretty tight ship. VQ guys show over and over again that they're in the dark. Very strong possibility that RC is equally clueless.

Idk... just a theory I have.

I wasn't a fan when he committed. It's just kind of alarming we can't even hang on to low 3 stars with our expert recruiters.
If you have seen his film, you will realize why he has offers from schools like Tennessee and Alabama. He is an outstanding athlete who has the physical abilities to dominate a football game. He does have some baggage which may limit his future where ever he plays. I think many schools will be willing to take that chance.

Why are you complaining then....you should be silently relieved.

I’ve complained about our lack of momentum this spring. I don’t think I cared about this commitment or decommitment per se, other than it’s a bad look when a kid decommits. Especially when another commit releases a weird top 6 that doesn’t include the team he’s committed to.

Edit: I have that I bleed orange guy on ignore so his post didn’t show. I thought you were asking me if/why I was complaining. My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Obligation.

lol

I don’t know if I should be flattered or creeped out when posters who are irrelevant to me make it a point to follow me around the forums.

Literally not aware of a single take you or that denver whatever poster have but you guys looooove me. :)

Last year Pruitt struck a balance between taking on bodies to fill up the roster...George kid from juco, London and Chryst, and swinging for the fences in the 2019 class. Lot of silence from the detractors after the February signing day with the ruled out difference makers signing on. Pruitt most likely made some decisions he’d like to have back...that’s every coach since forever. Key is to get more right than you misjudged. We get Crouch...we miss on Joseph Anderson. Before the season, would we have made that trade? Especially if you added Toto to the pitch? Rebuilding an inadequate roster isn’t an exact science and Pruitt (accustomed to success as he is) wants to get there yesterday...even more than our most demanding fans. As much as they demand from him, he demands more. That’s what we have. I’m not guaranteeing success...but I’m excited by our chances. We have great teachers on the staff and I think that’s going to translate in the win/loss column this season. If we stand still, I’ll admit I’m wrong because a year under the right boss should manifest some success.

Last year Pruitt struck a balance between taking on bodies to fill up the roster...George kid from juco, London and Chryst, and swinging for the fences in the 2019 class. Lot of silence from the detractors after the February signing day with the ruled out difference makers signing on. Pruitt most likely made some decisions he’d like to have back...that’s every coach since forever. Key is to get more right than you misjudged. We get Crouch...we miss on Joseph Anderson. Before the season, would we have made that trade? Especially if you added Toto to the pitch? Rebuilding an inadequate roster isn’t an exact science and Pruitt (accustomed to success as he is) wants to get there yesterday...even more than our most demanding fans. As much as they demand from him, he demands more. That’s what we have. I’m not guaranteeing success...but I’m excited by our chances. We have great teachers on the staff and I think that’s going to translate in the win/loss column this season. If we stand still, I’ll admit I’m wrong because a year under the right boss should manifest some success.
totallly agree. lot of "prisoner of the moment" stuff going on right now...in may.

and that's fine. it's not been great. but i'd rather it not be great now......before summer even really starts....than later.

quick to judge, as if there's points for making the prediction. my suggestion, find a bookie that willl put odds on whatever it is you're predicting and put some money on it, at least then you'd have some skin in the outcome. might be hard to quantify "odds on remaining dumpster fire" though....

past that...........pretty much all of it is a solid TBD.

and if it does remain a dumpster fire..................don't we already know how that ends? lol. we get more suck and we pay more buyouts. yeaaaa!!! gbo, right?

Total 180 from the last "caretaker" of the UT Football Program....no Volleyball players or other 6'6" receivers that never play....undersized linemen that get bull rushed every play.

I assumed he forgot to log into his other online persona...oops!

Nope. Have that guy on ignore because I think he’s the guy that does nothing but follow AV around and try to call him out.

So your post showed immediately under mine without any quoted text. Thought you were asking me that.

lol

I don’t know if I should be flattered or creeped out when posters who are irrelevant to me make it a point to follow me around the forums.

Literally not aware of a single take you or that denver whatever poster have but you guys looooove me. :)
You weren't the subject of the post. I've had I think one conversation with you so don't be too flattered. I prefer following hank around shutting down his takes. Haha

totallly agree. lot of "prisoner of the moment" stuff going on right now...in may.

and that's fine. it's not been great. but i'd rather it not be great now......before summer even really starts....than later.

quick to judge, as if there's points for making the prediction. my suggestion, find a bookie that willl put odds on whatever it is you're predicting and put some money on it, at least then you'd have some skin in the outcome. might be hard to quantify "odds on remaining dumpster fire" though....

past that...........pretty much all of it is a solid TBD.

and if it does remain a dumpster fire..................don't we already know how that ends? lol. we get more suck and we pay more buyouts. yeaaaa!!! gbo, right?
We need the realists to preempt the reality that hasn’t happened...cuz we have no experience watching failure. 😴 From the makers of This wasn’t good! Don’t you damn dare hope it was!

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I’ve complained about our lack of momentum this spring. I don’t think I cared about this commitment or decommitment per se, other than it’s a bad look when a kid decommits. Especially when another commit releases a weird top 6 that doesn’t include the team he’s committed to.

Edit: I have that I bleed orange guy on ignore so his post didn’t show. I thought you were asking me if/why I was complaining. My bad.
No worries, that makes sense. Yeah Bleed does stalk AV. It's like he gets notified whenever AV makes a post.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof

VN Store

Back