'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

Lose this kid and gonna get that 3star kid lololol

But I guess this kid did drop

Man he also flipped to USF, not someone good. Seems like that should be questioned (and I don’t mean questioning our coaching staff bc they could have easily kept him if they really wanted**)

**probably. I have no idea

Last edited:
I’m not saying it’s time to panic. But finding an excuse for losing a TE to USF of all schools feels like damage control. You shouldn’t lose a prospect to a G5 school even if Golesh originally secured his commitment.
Ifs clear as crystal since D1, he had the relationship with Golesh. How is this surprising?

I think it’s more that he was rated highly as a 10th grader, committed early, and then didn’t progress and develop like people projected.

We probably like other TEs better in the portal, and maybe even at the high school level. Nobody has said anything about his character. This is a Butch Jones 4 star special IMO. I know he has a great relationship with Golesh, but flipping to USF is telling. Other big boys weren’t beating down his door.
Like I said, we must have some aces up our sleeve, unless there is something going on with him personally we don't know about.

I think it’s more that he was rated highly as a 10th grader, committed early, and then didn’t progress and develop like people projected.

We probably like other TEs better in the portal, and maybe even at the high school level. Nobody has said anything about his character. This is a Butch Jones 4 star special IMO. I know he has a great relationship with Golesh, but flipping to USF is telling. Other big boys weren’t beating down his door.
Nobody else was chasing him and we didn’t seem to care that he flipped. It is interesting.

This is such a dumb comment every time I see it.

Yeah… yall are built different!!!! If you’re unfazed by recruiting you’re like the Navy SEALs of message boards.
I guess it beats acting like a spoiled toddler who didn’t get something they wanted. The truth of it all is the amount of recruits that we have landed and thrown ticker tape parades over only to watch them not live up to expectations starts to temper the expectations of any single recruit. A recruit is promise, nothing more nothing less. Be seen highly rated ones not pan out and lowly ranked ones be studs. Nothing I do on this board to disparage our recruits/coaches/collective is going to improve the team I root for. Maybe some of us realize that and look for something positive and exercise some self control.

Why did he leave
I think we’ve both went in separate directions here. His senior season just doesn’t warrant an offer at TE. I know that sounds like sour grapes but honestly he would be at a school not named USF if so. Unfortunately this kid will go there eventually become an elite edge if he lets go of the TE obsession.

I think we’ve both went in separate directions here. His senior season just doesn’t warrant an offer at TE. I know that sounds like sour grapes but honestly he would be at a school not named USF if so. Unfortunately this kid will go there eventually become an elite edge if he lets go of the TE obsession.
Wasn’t he a 5 star? He dropped that much?

I guess it beats acting like a spoiled toddler who didn’t get something they wanted. The truth of it all is the amount of recruits that we have landed and thrown ticker tape parades over only to watch them not live up to expectations starts to temper the expectations of any single recruit. A recruit is promise, nothing more nothing less. Be seen highly rated ones not pan out and lowly ranked ones be studs. Nothing I do on this board to disparage our recruits/coaches/collective is going to improve the team I root for. Maybe some of us realize that and look for something positive and exercise some self control.

You sir, are truly ELITE!!!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back