'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

Admittedly his production hasn't been great for them at TE, and this was honestly a much bigger loss if he had stayed on the DLine. Still, this is just another kick in the nuts over the last 24 hours. IMG has not been kind to us (Seaton and Echols both in the 11th hour). Add it to the Baron transfer news, and it isn't the talent we are losing in Echols, it's the momentum and Ls we appear to be taking.

We'll survive, but fan consternation is certainly at an appropriate level based on the past days worth of news.
I watch Florida's class legit falling apart and they're players transferring out. South Carolina is working with a skeleton crew they've had so many leave and the ones leaving us aren't surprises for those that follow it closely.

I won't panic until we see what we've got after portal season and signing day closes.

Has Mark Richt lost control of our recruiting program? Wtf

Time to for real open up those wallets donors...Spyre needs to help salvage UT a top10 class.

We now have 6 open schollys for 24 correct?

Ethan has struggled to stay healthy. Missed his senior season and then broke his collarbone in the spring game. Didn't really play enough to get hurt as a freshman, but he's got to stay healthy. Maybe we take both Staes and Dingle, or the Southeastern Louisiana kid.
He’s still got tons of time to grow and become durable. I’m not really ever going to doubt our ability to get skill position talent

Have you informed Heupel and the rest of the coaching staff? They may choose to just give up instead of continuing to coach.
especially when it is hard to understand wins and losses in recruiting with transfers and guys playing 12 years now.

Reactions: bpvol
If he went to USF with no interest from other programs it obviously wasn't much of a loss.... No matter what the services say (He has been dropping like a rock in recruiting rankings as well)
All that matters is how you play once you lace em up. Too bad. We apparently are TE poor as a program

Can I ask… why would we recruit any player that the staff is not phased by when they lose them lol. If you are willing to lose them, then why let them be committed for over a year, taking a spot in your class that already has scholarship reductions

Can I ask… why would we recruit any player that the staff is not phased by when they lose them lol. If you are willing to lose them, then why let them be committed for over a year, taking a spot in your class that already has scholarship reductions

Perhaps things have changed over the course of that year. A year is a long time.

CJH must have aces up his sleeve we don't know about to be git shirting 4 stars or Echols has some unknown character radioactivity we learned about.

I think it’s more that he was rated highly as a 10th grader, committed early, and then didn’t progress and develop like people projected.

We probably like other TEs better in the portal, and maybe even at the high school level. Nobody has said anything about his character. This is a Butch Jones 4 star special IMO. I know he has a great relationship with Golesh, but flipping to USF is telling. Other big boys weren’t beating down his door.

VN Store

Back