Game Thread: #20 Lady Vols v #18 Fighting Irish, Home, Wed 5PM, ESPN2

I would like to know what happened to Holingshead she was a 5 Star McD AA high school player. She sure does not play with passion or aggression. She is so passive and have very few post moves. Is it the lack of coaching or was she overrated in high school? She just is not playing like a too 50 recruit. I though Mr. KJH was a post coach if so he is doing a bad job.

Knowing Key's condition heading into the season, not landing a big from the portal was a huge fail by Kellie...

Again will our coaches ever take a modicum of responsibility bc I always hear what the girls could do better and not them…

No they won’t and a lot of the dumb comments on this forum from other posters helps turn the narrative in their favor to be honest.

You can put together a team of Rae Burrell, Jordan Horston, Rickea Jackson, Jewel Spear, Alexus Dye, Destinee Wells, Talaysia Cooper, and any other posts/centers you want etc and I bet they would still be coached to play this style of basketball.

This isn’t modern day winning basketball. And the game management is not what any other Power 5 school is incorporating into their program.
This is a copycat sport.. you can’t name 1 thing that is at the top of TN program that other programs are doing the same way.

Some random thoughts:

Powell and Wells have improved tremendously this year, (Powell from last year, and Wells from the beginning of this year). There’s room for more improvement. Look for your teammates, they might be open.

Whoever has the ball must protect the possession of it, on your passes, and your dribbling.

Turnovers at the end of a game are killers. Protect the ball, especially in the 4th quarter.

We should commend our Defense of Hannah Hidalgo. While her other stats were about the same as usual, her scoring was cut in half. She scored 31 against South Carolina, and 13 against Tennessee.

I’ve seen so many times in basketball that a big lead, or deficit, can be overcome. Stay aggressive.

We also had 3 missing players, Tamari and Rickea, obviously huge absences, and Avery as well.

Btw, how many post recruits would think they’d get to play, when they saw Tamari, Jillian, and Striplin already here?

We lost 2 games that we might have won on our last shot.

We’re still in November.

Love how so many lady vol fans get satisfaction when the men play poorly. Must make them feel better I guess.

Actually, the men didn't play that poorly! UNC was red hot in the first half. The men didn't shoot 3 pointers well the first half, but made some great drives to the bucket.

Tenn played a great second half.

The LVs lost this game because they are not geting enough offensive production from the forward player position. The 2 LVs forwards scored 11 points. The 3 ND forwards scored 38 points. The LVs really miss Rickea. Coach Harper coached a good game.

I’m hopeful about Ohio State. We are playing fine honestly. Just need to be more proactive. Also as I’ve said many times the SEC is mid. ACC will nearly sweep. I think we will be fine in conference and have a chance to complete for title. Idc. Idc.
I think we match up better with Ohio State. They really only play with one big and she’s hit or miss. Jill’s obvious refusal to play on the block is killing us. We all know she doesn’t want to play there, but with TK still not where we need her to be, that’s where Jill is needed. Someone that was at the game said Joy was all over Jill. When ND went with 3 bigs, that was the difference in the game

we have four players on our roster who i think are generally good players (powell, RJ, spears, and wells for me). the rest are depth players who are being forced to play major roles. you can’t have that along with a below par coach and expect anything good to happen.
No Puckett?? She has been carrying this team.

Someone that was at the game said Joy was all over Jill.

Julian is such a mystery. She was a complete no show tonight...
If you mean Jillian, she sure is a mystery. Had an awful night. But not true that Joy was "all over her". Joy gets all over no one in public. KJH had quite a chat w JH at one point when she came out, but not Joy.

It drives folks who love coach performative theatre crazy, but this staff does not generally do that. They teach and point, but usually don't put on a show during games

Waiting for the "run em til they puke" crowd to say "they should". As if going all Bobby Knight is the magic bullet.

VN Store

Back