Game Thread: #20 Lady Vols v #18 Fighting Irish, Home, Wed 5PM, ESPN2

Kaiya played well, but Hannah was not our problem. The LVs did a great job on Hannah. It was their inside game that killed us.
She took Kaiya off of Hannah to start the 3rd and put Tess on her and that girl had 5 assists when she only had one the entire first half. So yes, Hannah killed us the second half because she was getting to the lane so easily and finding Marshall and Bransford.

whats barnes excuse? His team is full strength (besides zz who is still playing) and they are getting dismantled. Atleast the girls keep it competitive
Love how so many lady vol fans get satisfaction when the men play poorly. Must make them feel better I guess.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Top keys to the loss were the points off of turnovers (17 to 4), 2nd chance points (15 to 6) and our top bigs were MIA (one injured, the other was there physically but not mentally).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The team beat a 16 point lead!
Talking about athleticism, height, skill or any attributes of players is just flat out stupid.

Why is it not clicking?

Same situation as last season against Ohio State just one difference and that is this time they were at home.

This team is playing the way they are being coached to play.
And once an opponent that is competitive makes adjustments that is the difference in the game.
Rickea and Tamari at full strength doesn’t cover the in-game management flaws.

The team beat a 16 point lead!
Talking about athleticism, height, skill or any attributes of players is just flat out stupid.

Why is it not clicking?

Same situation as last season against Ohio State just one difference and that is this time they were at home.

This team is playing the way they are being coached to play.
And once an opponent that is competitive makes adjustments that is the difference in the game.
Rickea and Tamari at full strength doesn’t cover the in-game management flaws.
If you know all this why are you always so confidant that UT will challenge for the SEC crown this season?

I could not care less about Tennessee playing or beating South Carolina.

The next game I’ll focus on is Ohio State.

Last edited:
She took Kaiya off of Hannah to start the 3rd and put Tess on her and that girl had 5 assists when she only had one the entire first half. So yes, Hannah killed us the second half because she was getting to the lane so easily and finding Marshall and Bransford.
during that stretch
Same ol song...

5:42 Q3 TN up by 12,,,35-47
11-3 run (no time out)
1:41 Q3 TN up by 4,,,46-50
1:13 TN then takes a timeout after damage is done and shuts down the run and scores 3-2 to end the Qtr

BUT,,,timeouts don't stop runs,,,right?
Here it did,,,just too late

Reactions: tbwhhs
during that stretch
Same ol song...

5:42 Q3 TN up by 12,,,35-47
11-3 run (no time out)
1:41 Q3 TN up by 4,,,46-50
1:13 TN then takes a timeout after damage is done and shuts down the run and scores 3-2 to end the Qtr

BUT,,,timeouts don't stop runs,,,right?
Here it did,,,just too late
I would’ve called timeouts just for our lack of rebounding or when we kept turning it over in the press late in the game….

The staff could not care less about making typical basketball adjustments.

They are focused on making the team look and play the way THEY want it to be.

There are atleast two games that if they went away from the same principles that are embedded in their philosophy the outcome would’ve been different.

For instance, Wynn earned minutes but didn’t play them tonight when needed because of the tendency to make predetermined substitutions. And despite her play, Wynn has not earned more playing time in the mind of the coach.
If you have an adult in a position of power that is fully committed to a belief that there’s only one way to accomplish a task and will not defer that is not fixable.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwhhs and LVol
Again will our coaches ever take a modicum of responsibility bc I always hear what the girls could do better and not them…
They played with their whole hearts, and the coaching staff let them down starting in the third quarter. It’s on them to help the girls adjust and respond appropriately, and they totally failed so we lost a winnable game. Completely unforgivable honestly.

I would like to know what happened to Holingshead she was a 5 Star McD AA high school player. She sure does not play with passion or aggression. She is so passive and have very few post moves. Is it the lack of coaching or was she overrated in high school? She just is not playing like a too 50 recruit. I though Mr. KJH was a post coach if so he is doing a bad job.

Reactions: Hbg and LVol
I would like to know what happened to Holingshead she was a 5 Star McD AA high school player. She sure does not play with passion or aggression. She is so passive and have very few post moves. Is it the lack of coaching or was she overrated in high school? She just is not playing like a to 50 recruit. I thought Mr. KJH was a post coach if so he is doing a bad job.
Plays like she aged 10 years since last season. Is that aches and pains?

Not the least, tiniest bit. I don't know where people come up with this, except just kneejerk cliche. I was about 10 rows off the floor and I can assure you every player gave full effort all the time.

This team has problems, mostly the lack of their superstar, but effort is not one of them.
Notre dame out hustled the lvols, if that is in your words lack of a superstar, I will call it lack of effort

i saw we got beaten offensive rebounds 15 to 8 usually byproduct of hustle ND had one player alone with 7 and TOs 17 to 7 our 2 guards had 7 between them

I could not care less about Tennessee playing or beating South Carolina.

The next game I’ll focus on is Ohio State.

Pin on Jessica Solodar (Seizures from Video Games)

VN Store

Back