Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

I said all year that our three-point shooting was a problem--and would be a problem come tourney time.
We are 3-17 from the three-line at this moment. You're not going to beat anybody good with crappy shooting
like that.

Horston is 5-15 for the game---with SEVEN turnovers. Our senior. I would be pleased to hear that she wants to turn pro,

Reactions: zaqhhh
We need a ball handler and shooter like Amoore. We don’t have enough night in night good shooters to win tournaments right now..

Todays game was the reason why Horston never made an All-American team at Tennessee! As a senior you just can’t have that many turnovers!

Outside of last year’s game vs Texas, she hasn’t put together a masterful *40* minute performance in any BIG stage game that lead to a WIN. Hasn’t happened at any point in her career. I think a change of scenery could benefit her.

This isn’t an attack on her as a person.

Kellie reverted back to her terrible habit of wanting to play everyone, instead of playing the 5 best position players and substituting only when neccesary. She did not do this in the LSU comeback win. It breaks my heart that she cannot or will not realize that you must go with your best players, by position, as much as possible.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back