Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

We either have lazy players or a coach that won't address issues on the court. This entire offense is lazy and depends solely on two players being able to create one on one. There is literally nothing else going on offensively. The players or the system is flawed, it's one or the other.
We have two athletes, the rest are limited.

You can't wait this long to play. Stars have to shine there big gun did Jackson was alright but not her usual play and Horston to many turnovers. No production from 2 guard spot again in big game. We have to correct that for next year big time. Proud of my Lady Vols for overcoming much this year all of you returning get in gym work on your weaknesses and go find 2 guards in portal. In CHRIST Alone

We got out coached in this game and out played in the first half. We had the athletes to beat this team but did not have the game plan or mental focus.

I said several times before the game we had to deny Amoore the ball. That’s finally what we did and we got back in it with that and the press. Unfortunately we were already in a massive hole.

Been saying it for a few years, not a Holly fan but those years weren’t so bad.

No, they were TERRIBLE. I thought Warlick went to two Elite Eights. They came very early in her tenure--and we totally collapsed MENTALLY in the 2nd half of both of those games. Just folded weakly. In soccer they talk of a team "mentality." Our team mentality under Warlic was weak--and after those Elite Eight games the quality of play went WAY down. There were years we were seeded 6/7 in the SEC tourney. We were...not good.

Everybody wanted to give Harper an extension because we whipped freakin' Toledo--and then of course we play a good team and lose. Upshot; Nothing's changed. Horston and Jackson--supposedly our two best players--with 13 turnovers tonight--including two by Horston right after we'd pulled within one, and her foul on the 3-point shot.

You can't wait this long to play. Stars have to shine there big gun did Jackson was alright but not her usual play and Horston to many turnovers. No production from 2 guard spot again in big game. We have to correct that for next year big time. Proud of my Lady Vols for overcoming much this year all of you returning get in gym work on your weaknesses and go find 2 guards in portal. In CHRIST Alone

Jackson didn’t have her normal posessions because of the 1-1 and out of control shots/turnovers. If she would have gotten the ball more in first 3Qs, she would have scored more.

Reactions: glv98
That last foul call was way out of the realm of reason. She pushed us down and then tripped over our feet. Did not cost us a shot at the game but does put some officials integrity in play. We cost ourselves with early inefficiency and late turnovers. But even at that the ladies never stooped to the low levels our leading bottom feeding fans did.

I’m sure they feel worse than we do. You have to play disciplined ball four quarters this time of year. Loss to #1 seed, what could have been.

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back