Game Thread : Lady Vols at Kentucky,,Sunday 2pm,,SEC Network

What did she say that was wrong? Most people don’t like change. She never said she doesn’t adapt to change. And players absolutely play better when they know their roles. She clearly defined roles and stuck with it. As a result, Lady Vols have both sophomore post players playing with confidence going into the tournament. That rant was the result of being asked the same question within a span of a few minutes. Any coach would’ve gotten frustrated with that.
Agree. IMO too much has been made of that comment. It's like latching onto a soundbite in politics to define an opponent. I do think she can be stubborn in her beliefs but I'm pretty sure she'd make any change she actually believed would help. There's a fine line there.

I also think it was frustration with the same ole questions. This has been a very tough year for KJH and she's showed it several times in interviews. She's over it w some of the questioners also, most notably Maria.

What did she say that was wrong? Most people don’t like change. She never said she doesn’t adapt to change. And players absolutely play better when they know their roles. She clearly defined roles and stuck with it. As a result, Lady Vols have both sophomore post players playing with confidence going into the tournament. That rant was the result of being asked the same question within a span of a few minutes. Any coach would’ve gotten frustrated with that.

The Quote about the Starting lineup not the biggest thing ...

It is the biggest thing. It sets the tone for the entire game. If it truly didn't matter Then every game Would be a different lineup.... Worse yet imagine a 5 star recruit reading those lines While considering whether they should go to Tennessee or somewhere else.

And if she had done what you suggest how many would be on here screaming about minutes for Puckett and Pissott? She can not win on here, even with a 20 point road win
We didn't know that was going to be a 20-point road win 8 minutes into the game and yes Kentucky has taken some very good teams to the wire this year. And it was their Senior Day. Too much can happen in a d-1 game and very quickly nowadays. It is not like the Pat Summit years when you know you can just put back in 5 dominant players and win 99% of the games you play, not to mention every point matters at this point of the season for net rankings and for what the NCAA selection committee views for seedings. A 35-point win against an SEC opponent would have looked much more impressive than 20 in their eyes. Kentucky played South Carolina evenly in the first half, had a 1 point loss to Mississippi state and 4 point loss to Georgia. They had some good games and they have some really good players. My thought is why give a team momentum that early in a game and take a chance they get hot and our offense stalls. There is always the 3rd and 4th quarter to get the bench extended minutes if the game is a blowout.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We didn't know that was going to be a 20-point road win 8 minutes into the game and yes Kentucky has taken some very good teams to the wire this year. And it was their Senior Day. Too much can happen in a d-1 game and very quickly nowadays. It is not like the Pat Summit years when you know you can just put back in 5 dominant players and win 99% of the games you play, not to mention every point matters at this point of the season for net rankings and for what the NCAA selection committee views for seedings. A 35-point win against an SEC opponent would have looked much more impressive than 20 in their eyes. Kentucky played South Carolina evenly in the first half, had a 1 point loss to Mississippi state and 4 point loss to Georgia. They had some good games and they have some really good players. My thought is why give a team momentum that early in a game and take a chance they get hot and our offense stalls. There is always the 3rd and 4th quarter to get the bench extended minutes if the game is a blowout.
But KJH turned out to be right. It could have been disaster, but it wasn't. IMO it was pretty safe to assume this KY team at this pt did not have much left in the tank. Even when the first round of subs slowed the bus, the next rotation was able to right the ship quickly.

KJH's subbing drives me nuts alot of times, but this time she was right, and won by 20.

But KJH turned out to be right. It could have been disaster, but it wasn't. IMO it was pretty safe to assume this KY team at this pt did not have much left in the tank. Even when the first round of subs slowed the bus, the next rotation was able to right the ship quickly.

KJH's subbing drives me nuts alot of times, but this time she was right, and won by 20.
After watching Kentucky tonight in the 2nd round of the SEC tournament, this is the reason you don't go to the end of the bench in the first quarter against a team like Kentucky. They get hot and they can beat you. If Kellie pulls that stunt tomorrow and I will lose it lol.

After watching Kentucky tonight in the 2nd round of the SEC tournament, this is the reason you don't go to the end of the bench in the first quarter against a team like Kentucky. They get hot and they can beat you. If Kellie pulls that stunt tomorrow and I will lose it lol.

Don't worry, Kellie isn't one to do crazy nonsensical substitutions...

VN Store

Back