Game Thread : Lady Vols at Kentucky,,Sunday 2pm,,SEC Network

She will win 23-25 games this year....
With this roster we should’ve been able to win 30 in our sleep

She will never get another player like Horston or Jackson, and I’m not counting Chastain because I seriously doubt she’ll be here long enough to get to actually coach her.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
With this roster we should’ve been able to win 30 in our sleep

She will never get another player like Horston or Jackson, and I’m not counting Chastain because I seriously doubt she’ll be here long enough to get to actually coach her.
I don’t know if anyone read the article on her commitment, but I thought it was odd that her and her family requested a meeting with the AD and asked about the coaching situation before committing.

There had to be some type of long term commitment to Kellie for her to go ahead and pull the trigger so early.

i seen on facebook of horston ice bag on keen after games. some say she been hurt most of the year. i seen on youtube her ice bag on arm press after a game. this last game she was moving her shlouder before shot. we seen her and back thing she wears sometime. could that be way horston misses some shots . carzy idea she played better if not banged up.

i seen on facebook of horston ice bag on keen after games. some say she been hurt most of the year. i seen on youtube her ice bag on arm press after a game. this last game she was moving her shlouder before shot. we seen her and back thing she wears sometime. could that be way horston misses some shots . carzy idea she played better if not banged up.
They're all banged up this time of year. Plenty of post game icebags. Tess has been wearing one on her shooting elbow, which is concerning. J Walker had one on her mouth after game yesterday.

JH problem is her head, not her body. We need her to rest and regroup and have a great SEC tourney.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don’t know if anyone read the article on her commitment, but I thought it was odd that her and her family requested a meeting with the AD and asked about the coaching situation before committing.

There had to be some type of long term commitment to Kellie for her to go ahead and pull the trigger so early.
The fact that they felt they had to ask should tell you something though

And in any event it’s a dumb idea to give any coach a 4 year free pass because of an 8th grade commit no matter how good the kid is. I bet if there’s a change between now and then, if it’s a good hire she will stick with UT anyway. Horston stuck with us after we fired Holly and she could’ve gone anywhere

They're all banged up this time of year. Plenty of post game icebags. Tess has been wearing one on her shooting elbow, which is concerning. J Walker had one on her mouth after game yesterday.

JH problem is her head, not her body. We need her to rest and regroup and have a great SEC tourney.
i hated to see darby,horston dive for lose balls . there was one were horston saved a ball but lands on her but on the area were there always people. go for loose balls but do not dive like floor is water. one extra ball pos. not worth killing yourself or permented body damage goes for all players.

The fact that they felt they had to ask should tell you something though

And in any event it’s a dumb idea to give any coach a 4 year free pass because of an 8th grade commit no matter how good the kid is. I bet if there’s a change between now and then, if it’s a good hire she will stick with UT anyway. Horston stuck with us after we fired Holly and she could’ve gone anywhere
The fact that they talked to the AD and then she committed should tell all (four) of the Kellie haters something.

2027 #1 2025 likly all american hollingshed highschool all american pissott all american there getting more top recuits interested from 24-28 classes by visits i saw on facebook. anyway seems like kellie and coaches are making headway on top recuits.

Can you link the article? I can't believe any AD would commit to total ammunity for a coach bc a 'tweener wants him to. Nor that her parents would actually ask that of him. Especially in light of the fact that anyone's "committment" at this point is shifting sand. Including the university's.

If White met w them and answered some general questions, great. Though I still think that is a bit premature given how much can change in 4 yrs. But if he's already bending and scraping at this point, heaven help us.

Can you link the article? I can't believe any AD would commit to total ammunity for a coach bc a 'tweener wants him to. Nor that her parents would actually ask that of him. Especially in light of the fact that anyone's "committment" at this point is shifting sand. Including the university's.

If White met w them and answered some general questions, great. Though I still think that is a bit premature given how much can change in 4 yrs. But if he's already bending and scraping at this point, heaven help us.
kellie more for her than those who are not on facebook. it easy to say things on volnation with nicknames. and takes more backbone to say on facebook. glad to see people who show their face have more pull than people hiding behind nicknames. which it should be. there some on here who share picitures of them selfs that gives them some credit when know some about them. not calling any names.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy and VOLSanon

I’ve literally spent the past 30 minutes going through this forum trying to find the article. I meant to reply to it the same day I read it because like you, I thought it was incredibly weird that White would even do that.

Reactions: glv98
I’m hoping it’s allergies but I just watched the press conference and Rickea was sneezing 🤧 a lot. *please don’t I won’t speak it but. I’m sure rest and hydration will definitely do the trick.

I am betting allergies. Knoxville owing to its valley location and rich foliage is one of the worst places in the country from an allergy standpoint. One thing I don't miss since moving away is the Spring time, when I would be reduced to a sneezing, itching pile of mush for six weeks. Rickea hit the Claritin hard and get some anti-histamine eye drops. Oh yeah, dark circles around the eyes are another allergy symptom. So, I think a few of our players are feeling it. I would be put anti-histamines in the Gatorade.

RJ is truly a lovely young woman but she doesn’t present herself the way the twins do. I’ve seen tweets from RJ’s mother and she doesn’t seem like she would let her daughter be objectified. Got to wonder about the twin’s parents.
Their mother is in a lot of their TikToks and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree as far as the way they dress. Not as risqué, but not far off

Not really. Her commitment is not binding. She can change anytime before she signs her actual letter of intent.

No AD would lock into a coach for 4 years regardless of performance. They may have wanted assurances that women's sports would continue to be supported at the highest level etc.

Last edited:

It was only Finley, not her parents, that requested a private meeting with DW. She wanted to know if the university was committed to the staff and that they were committed to NIL for future teammates, not necessarily herself. I don’t think NIL is a big deal to her

Not really. Her commitment is not binding. She can changes anytime before she signs her actual letter of intent.

No AD would lock into a coach for 4 years regardless of performance. They may have wanted assurances that women's sports would continue to be supported at the highest level etc.
No way he said she has four more years don't worry commit. It was more like she was in the foreseeable future cause I am quite certain she will be here next season. Were going to learn what that season will look like for her in about two months. I don't think she could survive not making the NCAA so we have to see who stays. Who is coming here? Right now JMO no way she can make the NCAA or more than even SEC record with what is projected to come back right now. Of course a lot can change in that glorious two month portal season hopefully we get huge results.

I am betting allergies. Knoxville owing to its valley location and rich foliage is one of the worst places in the country from an allergy standpoint. One thing I don't miss since moving away is the Spring time, when I would be reduced to a sneezing, itching pile of mush for six weeks. Rickea hit the Claritin hard and get some anti-histamine eye drops. Oh yeah, dark circles around the eyes are another allergy symptom. So, I think a few of our players are feeling it. I would be put anti-histamines in the Gatorade.
No question E TN is the sneeze capitol. My out of state son swears his starts the minute he hits Bristol and stays the whole time he's here. Sure glad RJ didn't have a flair up when she visited last spring! Could have ruined our chances. Whatever was causing her misery during that pressor, we need it gone. Funny to obsess on a common cold but this one could do the LVs real damage.

Reactions: madtownvol
The fact that they talked to the AD and then she committed should tell all (four) of the Kellie haters something.

Nobody "hates" Harper. She was hired specifically to turn the Vols back into a title contender--to raise the level of the program. She hasn't done that--and, what's more, we've had two terrible recruiting years that alone would be enough to get a coach sacked and that raise /serious/ questions about whether we can even maintain the meh level of this year--much less get back to national contender status. That is the cold truth of the matter.

VN Store

Back