Game Thread : Lady Vols at Kentucky,,Sunday 2pm,,SEC Network

NIL in women's sports was never about the athletes and always about sex/marketability, right from the get-go. There's a reason that the sponsors were hot and heavy to sign the Cavinder Twins to NIL deals, and it wasn't because of their basketball accolades. Same with Olivia Dunne (LSU gymnastics) and Sunisa Lee (Auburn gymnastics). There may be the great player here and there that is deemed to have some marketability and get some small local deals, but the big dollars are going to the ladies who know that sex sells and are creating a brand that is gonna pay them big dollars regardless of how good they are at their sport.
and we have one of the most visibly stunning and most marketable players in WBB in RJ.
https://www.instagram.com/r.ickea/?hl=en
images
FOojsZAWYAI5diU
rickea-jackson-good-1024x597.png

The Cavendars have nothing on this young lady!

Last edited:
Anybody know what Caitlin Clark gets? I'd be interested to compare w Paige. Paige has the advantage of the ESPN/UConn marriage and more publicity. It's interesting, probably have to be their level talent to not be as (how to say it) visually arresting(like 99% of us) and still get the $$$. Crazy and sad commentary, but been used in marketing and sales forever.

Also curious what role visual appeal plays in men's endorsements. Much, much smaller I'm sure, but probably still there.

About the game, I think we're going to rampage, but I thought that last Sunday as well. But going big -
LVs 82-58

Anybody know what Caitlin Clark gets? I'd be interested to compare w Paige. Paige has the advantage of the ESPN/UConn marriage and more publicity. It's interesting, probably have to be their level talent to not be as (how to say it) visually arresting(like 99% of us) and still get the $$$. Crazy and sad commentary, but been used in marketing and sales forever.

Also curious what role visual appeal plays in men's endorsements. Much, much smaller I'm sure, but probably still there.

About the game, I think we're going to rampage, but I thought that last Sunday as well. But going big -
LVs 82-58
I go into games now wondering how many turnovers were going to commit, bad shots were going to take, and mental errors on offense and defense that were going to make and hope that the other teams does as much and it all evens out so we have a chance to win.

and we have one of the most visibly stunning and most marketable players in WBB in RJ.
https://www.instagram.com/r.ickea/?hl=en
images
FOojsZAWYAI5diU
rickea-jackson-good-1024x597.png

The Cavendars have nothing on this young lady!
RJ is truly a lovely young woman but she doesn’t present herself the way the twins do. I’ve seen tweets from RJ’s mother and she doesn’t seem like she would let her daughter be objectified. Got to wonder about the twin’s parents.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I go into games now wondering how many turnovers were going to commit, bad shots were going to take, and mental errors on offense and defense that were going to make and hope that the other teams does as much and it all evens out so we have a chance to win.
Try to concentrate on how many amazing rebounds Jordy grabs, how RJ runs the floor and then makes a defender defenseless how hard Karo works under the basket and how much Holli has improved this year. This might make for a more enjoyable experience. Seriously.

Seeding Scenarios assuming SC and LSU win today:

OM beats Alabama:
#3 Tennessee against #6 Alabama or 11/14

Alabama beats OM

#3 Tennessee against #6 UGA or 11/14

The twins initial NIL deals at Fresno St. were based on the millions following the on social media. Companies want their deals with those that can have the greatest reach. Companies aren’t too concerned about being the best player but most followers. Players like Paige Bueckers are the best of both worlds.
lsu Olivia Donne gymnast highest payed nil saw interview? agree with her coach she right post on social media and no have people bash her.

Try to concentrate on how many amazing rebounds Jordy grabs, how RJ runs the floor and then makes a defender defenseless how hard Karo works under the basket and how much Holli has improved this year. This might make for a more enjoyable experience. Seriously.
Were one of the most talented but weakest defensive team in the country. We have some good players the defense and execution is hard to watch most of the time.

VN Store

Back