Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

Kaiya Wynn!!! Wow!
13pts
0 TO
3 steals
1 assist
5 rebounds
Did someone say she wasn’t ready? The work over the summer has really paid off!!

The whole NVs crew and the SEC fan club on Twitter has said Kaiya Wynn wasn’t ready to play against SEC competition.
Seems to me the SEC competition isn’t ready for Kaiya. Imagine what she could provide for this team if played according to the minutes she’s earned!
Lets GBO🍊

The whole NVs crew and the SEC fan club on Twitter has said Kaiya Wynn wasn’t ready to play against SEC competition.
Seems to me the SEC competition isn’t ready for Kaiya. Imagine what she could provide for this team if played according to the minutes she’s earned!
Lets GBO🍊
I’ll admit I didn’t think she was ready, but she plated a hell of a game tonight

Have to give Coach credit for going with Tamari and Kaiya. I know players Like Karoline and Tess have to sit, but this was just the better matchup for this game. I mean we dominated the second half 45 to 27.
I will give her credit. Allowing TK to come along slowly is paying off instead of rushing her.

She just played 22 minutes most of it was in the second half 6 of 10 with 5 rebounds and 3 steals. Tamari played 28 minutes tonight 8 points 3 rebounds 3 blocks and 3 assists. Players not much action tonight Jill 3 minutes, Tess 8 minutes, Ace 3 minutes, Karoline 7 minutes. Rickea 6 for 18 from the field, but she still made a lot of free throws and ended with 19 points on 18 shots. Powell played 38 minutes.

I’ll admit I didn’t think she was ready, but she plated a hell of a game tonight

I actually wasn’t referring to you.
From most of your posts that I see it seems you are just giving your honest opinion. I can respect that.

It’s crazy how those fans that come on here with so much to say is quiet when Tennessee wins big. 4-1 in the SEC!

The SEC fan club members from South Carolina on Twitter took shots at the Lady Vols not named Rickea Jackson when they were trailing to Miss State.. everyone in their comments were saying TN has the pieces they just need to get on track.
The LadyVols come back and win this same person has not tweeted yet. These folks really envy the 8-time Nat’l champions!
The LadyVols did this to Miss State tonight imagine what they going to do to Vandy on Sunday and Texas A&M when they come to Rocky Top?!!! It’s free smoke!

This the one.. Tennessee is back!

Reactions: vols90
Honestly Tess

Yep. She was doing the talkings in the on-court huddles.

Speaking of Kaiya, it seems that the game has really slowed down for her. Flipped the switch.

She showed great poise, penetrated and kicked, found open players, handles the ball with confidence, shot with relaxed release...just looked like a smooth veteran out there. Great nose for the loose ball and rebounds, too.

Excellent win and so proud of Wynn and Key. Huge one at TBA on Sunday, 2 4 and 1 teams. Another Q1 game I believe or on the border of it. 2 of those in a row and will be right back in the tourney discussion and probably in the 40's in the NET. If Key can play close to 30 minutes she needs to start.

Kaiya Wynn!!! Wow!
13pts
0 TO
3 steals
1 assist
5 rebounds
Did someone say she wasn’t ready? The work over the summer has really paid off!!
If it would be appropriate, I would love to kiss the above stat. Makes me feel giddy with joy, especially against a defense that towards the end was supremely focused on turning us over. I know we can't expect this every game, but did anyone think that Wynn could make this much progress overall and in the critical point position especially. It is a near miracle, with Key's dramatic turnaround a close second.

Whew. Winning is so much more fun and boy did we need that. I've noticed our second half comebacks have a pattern - they start immediately in the 3rd qtr and pretty much never let up. That was an impressive 2nd half and a really nice team win.

Both Sara and Jewel had some huge buckets and Sara had six rebounds. JP didn't shoot well but had 7 assists and generally played well in the second half. Wow Kaiya, she was huge and is so much more under control on offense. Her jumper looks good. Not sure I'd start her, I like her backing up both JP and Jewel.

After a bit of a setback for Key Sunday, she comes up huge and played 29 mins! It def helped us that Carter got in quick foul trouble.

Rickea is going to start hitting shots, soon I hope, and never miss one again. This has been by far her worse shooting slump at TN, but she still managed to score 19 and had 7 rebs. I did not love her hitting the too low after scoring, not when you're shooting that crappy. She mentioned in the post game interview that alot of them had been sick this week.

Hope Jill, Tess, and Strip hang in. There will be games where the matchup is better suited for them.

VN Store

Back