Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

If it would be appropriate, I would love to kiss the above stat. Makes me feel giddy with joy, especially against a defense that towards the end was supremely focused on turning us over. I know we can't expect this every game, but did anyone think that Wynn could make this much progress overall and in the critical point position especially. It is a near miracle, with Key's dramatic turnaround a close second.
Yes several of us did including some former Lady Vols.

Can we say Kellie beat a team she should not have according to records and rankings?

No, Tennessee can beat any team in the country. They are a Top 3 team in the SEC. Vandy, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina don’t want to see this LadyVols team on their homecourt playing the way they have in the 2nd half in their 4 SEC wins.
The LadyVols won’t lose if they play their best.

Reactions: Lucy
Question about subs by the coaches. Does Kellie have the final say about the subs or is it the assistant coach?
My understanding is the sub rotation is roughly determined beforehand by the whole staff then Jon and Joy tell the players when to go in. Then you see Kellie subbing thoughout the game as circumstances dictate.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
No, Tennessee can beat any team in the country. They are a Top 3 team in the SEC. Vandy, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina don’t want to see this LadyVols team on their homecourt playing the way they have in the 2nd half in their 4 SEC wins.
The LadyVols won’t lose if they play their best.
That’s true of several teams. If SC, LSU, Vandy play their best, they won’t be beat. The key is to play your best consistently.

VN Store

Back