Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

That’s true of several teams. If SC, LSU, Vandy play their best, they won’t be beat. The key is to play your best consistently.

No it’s not, Vandy at their best and Tennessee at their best is a W for TN. They have the best player (s) Rickea J or Jewel Spear on the floor.

Tennessee vs LSU at Rocky Top both at their best is a W for Tennessee. They have the best player on the court again.

Tennessee vs South Carolina both at their best in Tennessee I’m taking TN with Rickea Jackson.

No blue font or were you serious?
I would guess he/she was serious. MSST was favored in most, if not all, projections. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting the Lady Vols to be the team that they can be. But, until this team reaches that point, we should probably look at each game according to the projections.

Jim

This team won tonite in 2nd half again without Jackson having one of her "good "games.So I am about to toast that win by opening a great bottle of wine.

I just do not understand the Jeckyl and Hyde of this team.Bumfuzzling to say the least. They just throw the ball willy nilly in a lot of instances ,look like they have never been coached on offensive end and defensive end for great portions of game time ....recently in 1st two quarters. They are tough to watch play like they did in 1st half today......ugly ,ugly .ugly ....quick three point shots when had advantage on inside ,throw the ball away which turns up to be easy layups on the other end;poor shooting both from field and free throw line,etc.Then they turn the game around in 2nd half .Key was the key along with Wynn.They actually made some hustle plays and rebounded and played some effective defense.But ,what can be expected in the future .....that is something no one knows .....well maybe the " Shadow " knows ( only real old folks will get that reference ).We all can only hope that Key can continue to improve the more playing time she gets,Jackson can return to form,Spear can play lights out ,Wynn can continue to improve and the coaching and preparation improves .That is a lot of ifs to hope for but that is what it will take to beat the run of the mill teams like Miss State ,Bama,Kentucky and even Vandy this year . I do not see this team beating South Carolina or LSU anywhere anytime without significant improvement which the odds are very slim.

Anyway ,that wine is open and I now will partake with much more vigor than would have otherwise after the 1st half .

Recorded and watched the game late.

Our inability to find sustainable consistent effort during both halves is simply baffling.

To quote Dickens, " It was the best of times, it was the worse of times...
....it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."

A tale of two halves!

Regardless how we got there, it's an important win. Go Lady Vols.

Last edited:
hey @GameTime

Free Justine!
Shea Ralph has Vandy #2 in the SEC
Coach, the game against Vandy will be epic....
I sure like Justine, but the LVs are my gals....

ud5hkmq0xqlozgoqet7g

No it’s not, Vandy at their best and Tennessee at their best is a W for TN. They have the best player (s) Rickea J or Jewel Spear on the floor.

Tennessee vs LSU at Rocky Top both at their best is a W for Tennessee. They have the best player on the court again.

Tennessee vs South Carolina both at their best in Tennessee I’m taking TN with Rickea Jackson.
I’m sorry but South Carolina is a different breed right now. Until proven otherwise I’m going to stick with that.

I’m sorry but South Carolina is a different breed right now. Until proven otherwise I’m going to stick with that.
Lady Vols would lose by 10 or more to USCjr, imo. Too much talent and their coaching is worth and extra 4-6 points in 4th quarter, alone. Just my opinion.

Coach, the game against Vandy will be epic....
I sure like Justine, but the LVs are my gals....
Of course GT,,,mine too...always have been, always will be
I have two teams I never root against
Lady Vols, LA Lakers...both since the mid 70s

Justine's my girl.
A perfect game sunday would be Justine goes 4-6 and lady vols win by 20

No, Tennessee can beat any team in the country. They are a Top 3 team in the SEC. Vandy, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina don’t want to see this LadyVols team on their homecourt playing the way they have in the 2nd half in their 4 SEC wins.
The LadyVols won’t lose if they play their best.
..pass dat over here..

After the MTSU loss, I was frustrated and wanted CKH fired. But now I feel like finishing the season out strong and making the tournament and making a run in the tournament and CKH definitely keeping her job would be the best thing for the program.
16 known injuries this year. 1 season ending and Rickea just said half the team had the flu at AM…

I would guess he/she was serious. MSST was favored in most, if not all, projections. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting the Lady Vols to be the team that they can be. But, until this team reaches that point, we should probably look at each game according to the projections.

Jim
Hopefully they’ve solidified their core and centered up. Great win tonight at he aHimp!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Facts hurt your feelings, I see. Take off the Orange sunglasses. I hope TN wins every game in every sport, even rugby. But USCjr would beat us at any arena in the country. Not sure what you can’t comprehend.

And I’m referring to women’s basketball.
Seems yer memory is short term. Check that record.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back