Game Thread: Tennessee (13-7, 6-2 SEC) versus Missouri Tigers (11-10, 2-6 SEC) @ Food City Center, 2:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

Anyone still want Sara out of the starting lineup? She's playing so well right now in so many areas.

Lord please let Jewel stay on fire! Obviously she can't stay this hot, but boy has she been great lately. Thank goodness for her. She should be a lock for SEC POW.

Thought Rickea was going for 40 today, not sure why we quit posting her up as often. But dang that second half was a mystery. It was like the air let out of a balloon. Something was just off. Turns my stomach a little that at halftime, insteading of shooting around w the team, RJ was getting treatment. On her lower right leg. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have played her if there was any danger whatsoever. Please, please I hope. Anyway, she got a really nice ovation for the 2000 pts and just saw replay on SEC network and she was genuinely pleased, made a heart and said "I love ya'll".

Sara, Rickea, and Jewel scored 56 points on 22-38 shooting, 8-14 fm 3, 16 reb, 10 asst and 6 steals. That's getting it done friends. Anyone who wants to break up that lineup right now is cray cray.

KJH said post game this just wasn't a good matchup for TK. But that one block was awesome and she'll be back.

JP continues to play at the top of her game. Her fifth straight game with six or more assists.

Our defense sucks, pure and simple. No one, not one, on our squad can stop a drive nor close out on a 3. Hard to imagine it's going to improve much at this point. The "athletic" ones got blown by just like our "slow footed ones". It's a damn good thing we're equipped to outscore teams, bc that's about our only shot.
That is two games in a row where Rickea seems to run out of gas a bit in the 2nd half. Missing shots short is a sign of a fatigue. Maybe her allergies and asthma problems are impeding stamina?

Jewel is definitely in the zone!!

No TOs in the 1st half, we don't talk about the 2nd.

That is two games in a row where Rickea seems to run out of gas a bit in the 2nd half. Missing shots short is a sign of a fatigue. Maybe her allergies and asthma problems are impeding stamina?

…didn’t happen…

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not kidding at all. You’ve got to look at where we were and where we are now. Not compared to where Pat was when she had been building the program for 15 years in a period where there were not that many great players. Trajectory.
Kellie’s seat is stone cold.
Treading water, been in the same place since her arrival. Going under on the benchmark games and popping up when beating the lower half. Five years and still looking for win #13 over a ranked team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harpethriverkid63
Attendance: 9,190 … for a down Mizzou program. Moving in the right direction, Knoxpatch!

We’ve got Dawn Staley then The Bayou Barbies coming in later this season. I see that attendance average trend up in a big way down the stretch!
It was very crowded in my section, which was nice if a tad warm. Expect the LSU game to be a banger given how many acquaintances I know who are attending that game but haven’t been to any others.

Really think we should win all of those 4 but agree we will probably drop one. I think we beat Arkansas and A&M at home. Gotta know this team will be ready for a second shot at A&M, that game was awful.

Bama has a couple decent players. Barker has really improved her percentages and you do have to really guard her this season. Traditionally she has not had good games against us. In her career she has scored only 8 points against us. 5 last season, 0 in the two previous games at UGA and 3 in her first game against us at UGA. Barker tends to struggle with our length and athleticism.

Nye is an excellent 3 point shooter, would honestly recommend just face guarding her. She needs no space to get her shot off and it’s a pure stroke. She isn’t super athletic though and would get frustrated easily if denied the ball.

Bama will be on the road at Vandy Monday (tomorrow) so that gives us an extra day of rest and practice. Should help a bit.

Vandy on the road is the one that worries me most. They will get a big home whistle I’m sure. That’s just a terrible gym to play in and they are improved this season even if only .500 in SEC play.
I SAID before Georgia that Vanderbilt and Alabama are the way of Tennessee being 18 10 which put TENNESSEE in the NCAA tournament.
Without a SEC tournament game win more than likely.
With automatic bids teams might get in with a worse net ranking depending on who they upset to get bid. Tennessee volunteers 18 10 plus one SEC tournament win and loss gives Lady Vols 19 11 record for sure in.
18 11 gives the committee a chance to compare Tennessee vs the others Tennessee should get in more than likely but you never know depending on who they are comparing Tennessee to.

17 11 Tennessee will need to SEC Tournament wins to get in which a four seed gets Tennessee Gamecocks in South Carolina in the SECOND round SEC Tournament game meaning besides Tennessee NCAA tournament missing first time. It would hard for Kellie to stay .

Beat Vanderbilt Arkansas Texas A&M Alabama Tennesse 90%.
In the NCAA tournament.
And knoting off LSU or SC which LSU more likely to happen would be
Seed boost for Tennesse NCAA tournament.
Which I think Tennesse will finished 18 10 before SEC tournament

Last edited:
Kellie is not going anywhere......so tiring.
Even if she's not going anywhere, and even if people feel there is zero chance her job is in jeopardy, it seems to be generally agreed that their invitation to the NCAA tournament was/is in jeopardy. If that doesn't make Harper tighten every loose end and ratchet up every once of coaching she can muster...I don't know what will, bc I have to imagine that's the last mark she wants to leave on this program.

I promise you it’ll be ok. It’s a message board, you’ll live.
HIghly likely Kellie stays with a NCAA tournament invite.
Coming of Two Sweet Sixteen NCAA tournament in a row.
On Facebook lady Vols basketball pages their more for staying than Kellie's leaving boats.
Going by the likes in CCommits Kellie still has the Facebook Lady Vols groups I belong to. More for Kellie than not.

Facebook would have more pull where people use their real name and pictures.
Than nickname on messenger boards.

Harper coaching for her job lately. The LV’s have been looking improved.
Finally getting all the players she was depending on healthy and doing their part in games. Still a long way to go and a very tough remaining schedule to maneuver through, but I like the present starting lineup and the way players are stepping up.

The Two games vs South Carolina will tell how much Tennessee has improved.

People may disagree and that's fine. Dawn Staley and South Carolina are the measuring stick in SEC just as Tennessee was when Pat was HC.

If Tennessee stays within 10 points in the game at home, then CKH job is absolutely safe.

Although if Tennessee gets beat by 20+ ,could be a 50/50 toss up about her future her as HC.

Just as Saban got a lot of coaches fired, Staley will also by dominating the conference year in and year out..

People may disagree and that's fine. Dawn Staley and South Carolina are the measuring stick in SEC just as Tennessee was when Pat was HC.

If Tennessee stays within 10 points in the game at home, then CKH job is absolutely safe.

Although if Tennessee gets beat by 20+ ,could be a 50/50 toss up about her future her as HC.

Just as Saban got a lot of coaches fired, Staley will also by dominating the conference year in and year out..
Agree completely. We have to keep the home game close. In keeping with KJH rotten luck, we'll play the best team in the country at least twice, maybe three times counting the SEC tourney, right in the heart of NCAA tourney decision making time. Also that Kamilla will miss a couple of games (including UConn) but be back in time for us. If not for bad luck, Kellie would have no luck at all.

Surprisingly I'm thinking Tennessee defeats Bayou Barbie and LSU.

Lose both to The Kickin Chickens, the mystery game to me is the next one Alabama ..
to me Alabama and Vandy are the trap-games (we may lose one)
SCx2 and LSU ,,,I think we (will win one) of these, not sure which
Ark and Tamu should be blowouts (win both)
4-3 plus 14-7 = 18-10
That's my prediction

That is not however my assessment of what we should be
Win Vandy, Ala, TAMU and Ark and one of the 3
Finish 2nd in the SEC (where we are now) and 2-3 in the SEC tourney
Go into the NCAA's shoving the door open, not knocking and asking if we can come in

Agree completely. We have to keep the home game close. In keeping with KJH rotten luck, we'll play the best team in the country at least twice, maybe three times counting the SEC tourney, right in the heart of NCAA tourney decision making time. Also that Kamilla will miss a couple of games (including UConn) but be back in time for us. If not for bad luck, Kellie would have no luck at all.
Can’t get ran out of the gym, especially at home if you’re trying to stay or show “trajectory”. Concerning part yesterday was the big lead cut to 3 in the 3rd. Tennessee ran away…USC and LSU is a different breed of team than Missouri.

Improvement will almost certainly be in those SC games margin of loss cause if we win at home it will be by a very small margin. I think losing in single digits would say a lot about the team. Only one or two teams have done that this season and they were either at home or on a neutral court.

We shot 17 threes in the first half and had zero turnovers.

We shot 6 threes in the second half and had 9 turnovers.

I really think we ought to shoot more threes.
I think the reason we didn't is Missouri extended that zone and we went back to making some mistakes trying to go inside. Passing is something we could work days on.

I think the reason we didn't is Missouri extended that zone and we went back to making some mistakes trying to go inside. Passing is something we could work days on.
Jewel and Sara talked a bit about that in their post-game comments. They had to go back to trying to force it inside, but they also admitted they should have been more patient with the passing and shot selection like they were in the first two quarters.

Jewel and Sara talked a bit about that in their post-game comments. They had to go back to trying to force it inside, but they also admitted they should have been more patient with the passing and shot selection like they were in the first two quarters.
They probably should have meant more a couple other player that didn't show the patience that was necessary and were quick shooting a lot of possessions and it wasn't either one of them so nice for them to say.

Kellie is not going anywhere......so tiring.
Agree no for sure firing if Tennessee makes in NCAA tournament.
Could see her staying if they don't make it not as likely but she might make it.

Kellie's not getting fire over South Carolina game.
If that was the case
Tennessee volunteers football
38 Bulldogs Volunteers 10
November 18 2023

November 5 2022
Bulldogs 27 Volunteers 13

November 13 2021
Bulldogs 41 Volunteers17

Georgia is top dog Tennessee football needs to beat.
Going by must not lose by Twenty when Bulldogs won by Twenty-Eight.
Last time. Then a few more 20+ Georgia Bulldogs wins
Time to get a new coach.
If it's a measuring stick in women's basketball it should be in football.

They probably should have meant more a couple other player that didn't show the patience that was necessary and were quick shooting a lot of possessions and it wasn't either one of them so nice for them to say.
Absolutely. I thought they both showed a lot of thoughtfulness and were both incredibly delightful and kind in their comments. Kellie may not recruit all-stars from a court perspective all the time, but we have some exceptional young women on this team.

Agree no for sure firing if Tennessee makes in NCAA tournament.
Could see her staying if they don't make it not as likely but she might make it.

Kellie's not getting fire over South Carolina game.
If that was the case
Tennessee volunteers football
38 Bulldogs Volunteers 10
November 18 2023

November 5 2022
Bulldogs 27 Volunteers 13

November 13 2021
Bulldogs 41 Volunteers17

Georgia is top dog Tennessee football needs to beat.
Going by must not lose by Twenty when Bulldogs won by Twenty-Eight.
Last time. Then a few more 20+ Georgia Bulldogs wins
Time to get a new coach.
If it's a measuring stick in women's basketball it should be in football.
Why you always comparing this to Football?

Compare Apples to Apples. Different sport different situation.

BTW ,Tennessee Football has fired or lost 5 HC's since Fulmer, CJH has the future sparkling bright.

Reactions: Volfan2012

That cold weather could have slowed Jackson down plus coming off the flu
Tennessee volunteers will can some payback on Rocky top vs Texas A&M university.
Tennessee players will not have flu
Meaning Edia gets minutes if coaches want to.
Plus ten point win.

VN Store

Back