Game Thread: Tennessee (13-7, 6-2 SEC) versus Missouri Tigers (11-10, 2-6 SEC) @ Food City Center, 2:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

4 TOs in 30 minutes, Have not seen that level of ball control from UT since Pat

Powell a huge part of that
Which Pat summitt teams did you see do that? Pat's teams had 14 to 16 turnovers a game on average, especially her national championship teams. All you have to do is look at the lady vols history and stats.

So MSU defeating A&M is a wash for Lady Vols ?

Yes Tennessee defeated a 6-3 in conference MSU but lost to a 3-5 in conference team in A&M .

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Which Pat summitt teams did you see do that? Pat's teams had 14 to 16 turnovers a game on average, especially her national championship teams. All you have to do is look at the lady vols history and stats.

Haven’t you noticed that people’s memories of Pat’s teams were they shot better, rebounded better, took better shots, ran a smoother offense and played better defense than any team since she retired?

I say that facetiously (although they did play better team bb) but sometimes I think we TN fans have fallen into the trap that Bama fans fell into for years after Bear B died.

Last edited:
Were all alone in second place, but the remaining schedule is daunting hope we can find a way to win most of them.
Just guessing with the remaining schedule an
18-10 or worse 17-11 win ,,loss record.
2 games with South Carolina,, 1 game LSU
And 1 game Texas A&M.

It's been said many times before, but Spear is benefiting so much from the defensive focus on Jackson. Before today's games, according to HHS, Spear was in the top 10 in the SEC (for SEC games only) in: points per game, FG%, 2pt. FG%, 3-pointers made per game, 3-point %, FTs made and attempted per game, points per play (1st), points per shot attempt, effective FG%, FT rate, A/TO ratio, turnover percentage, foul percentage, PER, win shares, offensive win shares (1st), and player offensive rating (1st). Pretty phenomenal what she's doing offensively, and I think her defense and rebounding have improved quite a bit in her time at Tennessee so far.

Harper coaching for her job lately. The LV’s have been looking improved.
Kellie’s job is one of the most secure in the SEC. Fortunately our AD is not stupid and understands schedule differences, NIL and the impact injuries. So much silliness on here about Kellie. Lady Vols look better than they have in years right now.

Kellie’s job is one of the most secure in the SEC. Fortunately our AD is not stupid and understands schedule differences, NIL and the impact injuries. So much silliness on here about Kellie. Lady Vols look better than they have in years right now.
You’ve got to be kidding look who they’ve played lately. We will know in the 7 games and if DW fills that way 1 don’t care about women’s basketball 2 not a very good AD 3 I have no trust in him for the university of Tennessee in all sports. Thought everyone wanted to win championships not with Kellie same oh same oh every year. Hope I’m wrong not been there yet

You’ve got to be kidding look who they’ve played lately. We will know in the 7 games and if DW fills that way 1 don’t care about women’s basketball 2 not a very good AD 3 I have no trust in him for the university of Tennessee in all sports. Thought everyone wanted to win championships not with Kellie same oh same oh every year. Hope I’m wrong not been there yet
IMG_5047.gif

They was article about spear chosing Tennessee.
Spear was getting a lot calls and texts.
To many to return all of them
One name caught her eye Kellie Harpers
She's asked her dad why Kellie was calling.
Her dad said Jordan Horseton had graduate.
Tennessee needed a shoting guard.
Title was about life leasing Jewel Spear learned from her dad.
And she was coming to Tennessee to learn defense and become a more complete player.
And play on a bigger stage.
Kellie close the deal getting Jewel Spear.

Not a bad pickup a player for two years.

Most secure? That’s probably a bit of a stretch, but I do agree they’re playing good right now. Hopefully we carry the momentum the rest of the season.

VN Store

Back