Game Winning Drive. Who's your QB...1998-2012????

On Casey Ill also never forget his fumblitis against UF at home. What was it 4??? I would say T. Martin.

Hopefully you won't forget him winning against UF in the Swamp either......twice..... 14 and 1 on the road...

No disrespect to Martin, they are very different style QB's but their on the same level in my love. Would depend on who we were playing on which I would rather have.

Last edited:
I'll take this one for a 1000 Alex.
Either Jim Bob Cooter or B J Coleman
I kid, I kid. Clausen fo shor :rock:

Last edited:
I'm sure Joe Montana had a bad game or two in his career, too. Doesn't stop him from being the most clutch QB in history.

Not that Ainge is Montana by any means, but Ainge had more good than bad.

You must be from the MTV generation. If it happened before 1980 you don't know anything about it do you?

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully you won't forget him winning against UF in the Swamp either......twice..... 14 and 1 on the road...

No disrespect to Martin, they are very different style QB's but their on the same level in my love. Would depend on who we were playing on which I would rather have.

With ya there sgt.

Casey was a warrior.

Guys, I know Clausen seems to be the favorite here but I gotta go with Tee Martin. His running ability added another dimension to our offense and make no mistake, Tee got us out of PLENTY of jams before with his scrambling ability. Clausen, as much as I love the guy, was about as athletic as an ostrich on roller skates. He was definitely the ice man but I would have more confidence in Tee to get us a victory!

I would put him and Tee on par, but their each better against a different kind of defense. Tee was a rushing weapon himself no disagreement there.....if there's a vicious pass rush gimmie Tee.....if there is time, and a dangerous secondary, give me Clausen. He may not be a scrambler, and he may throw a wobbly ball, but that wobbley ball just usually knew exactly where and where NOT to go. I don't want to choose between them.

Clausen ... Casey was as cool as they come. then tee...then ainge. I love the iceman just for beating Fla twice..and on the road in the swamp. How many other ut qbs can say that? Not many!

Clausen ... Casey was as cool as they come. then tee...then ainge. I love the iceman just for beating Fla twice..and on the road in the swamp. How many other ut qbs can say that? Not many!

None can say that. Clausen is the only one who has done it

Clausen

Martin.......................without that insane defense and studs in the backfield, Martin wouldnt even be in the discussion.

Clausen without question. I love Tee but if. Peyton hadn't graced us with his presence Clausen would be probably the best QB we have ever had. I still think if he were from the south rather than Cali he would be a legend to VFLs...his play and stats are great. Peyton never beat Fla.. Casey beat them twice in the swamp, and I believe we were road dogs both times. I never ...ever...saw him get rattled. Ever. Peyton is my favorite athlete all-time, but I'm not sure Id even pick college peyton over college casey to put together a game winning drive in the swamp. Dude was clutch...and Id rather lose every other game and winin the swamp than the inverse. Period. GBO VFL HUBAN

Last edited:
Didnt Clausen down UF during the horrible Zook campaign??? A few teams pulled out one and only victories during those yrs. I may be wrong though

OK, so it's not one of your options, but I'm going to change your thread to "...other than Manning...", and say:

Andy Kelly!!!!

:dance2:

VN Store

Back