Game Winning Drive. Who's your QB...1998-2012????

Toss up for me between Martin and Casey. I'll take Martin because he is more mobile and could scramble for a first down or to get out of bounds.

Loved Andy...but he did have a habit of sometimes going colorblind.

Andy drops back, and finds an open defender!!!

lol.....ah but I probably would enjoy sitting back and drinking whiskey with him more then anyone else mentioned. Andy is good people.

Reactions: 1 person
If we're doing hypotheticals, I'll take Condredge Holloway. But only 'cause I never got to see him play.

Bray. Call me crazy, but with the right coach calling the plays and having the ability to count the players on the field, I wouldn't be "worried" about him driving UT down the field.

Didnt Clausen down UF during the horrible Zook campaign??? A few teams pulled out one and only victories during those yrs. I may be wrong though

Yep, in 2003. Of course we had been blown out the previous year at home. The 2001 game was the kicker for Clausen. Spurrier's last home game in Gainesville. Florida ranked #2 and the Vols are #5. The game has been moved to the last game due to the 9/11 attacks. On the line: SEC East title, SECCG berth and inside track to national championship game against Miami. Unusual time for afternoon game. Almost simultaneously kicking off at the same time happy hour usually begins. Florida was 17 point favorite due to the fact they had beat the snot out of most everyone they had played. One of the bigger road wins in our history. Travis Stephens had a huge game, but make no mistake, Casey Clausen led UT down the field for scores inside 10 minutes.

Bray. Call me crazy, but with the right coach calling the plays and having the ability to count the players on the field, I wouldn't be "worried" about him driving UT down the field.

The task of play calling is overrated. The fact is, the QB in UT's system has always had the task of choosing options within a given play call based on defensive alignments and potential mismatches.

I don't know how true this is; according to a source close to the fray in 1992, one of Phillip's pitching points to Dickey was that he would win a national championship for UT running 8 base plays. Remember as OC and the predominant play caller, we had some of our more prolific offenses in history. Especially up until that time.

Last edited:
You guys have to be kidding. It is Martin... and it isn't close.

With the game on the line, I'll take Casey Clausen over Martin every day of the week. Tee was a good quarterback, but he didn't win a national championship all by himself.

With the game on the line, I'll take Casey Clausen over Martin every day of the week. Tee was a good quarterback, but he didn't win a national championship all by himself.

I don't think it's a clear choice either way both were good. Casey didn't win by his lonesome either, the 2001 team for example was just absolutely LOADED with talent, more so then 98 to be honest.

I think Martin and Clausen are very different. But the decison on which is best is so close as to really be more about who they are playing.

I'll second this. Casey just had all the intangibles of a quarterback and a winner. Tough choice, but I'm taking Casey over Tee.

VN Store

Back