General Flynn completely exonerated

From laughing too?

U.S. Supreme Court
Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79 (1915)
Burdick v. United States
No. 471
Argued December 16, 1914
Decided January 25, 1915
236 U.S. 79

Syllabus
Acceptance, as well as delivery, of a pardon is essential to its validity; if rejected by the person to whom it is tendered, the court has no power to force it on him. United States v. Wilson, 7 Pet. 150.
Quaere whether the President of the United States may exercise the pardoning power before conviction.
A witness may refuse to testify on the ground that his testimony may have an incriminating effect, notwithstanding the President offers, and he refuses, a pardon for any offense connected with the matters in regard to which he is asked to testify.
There are substantial differences between legislative immunity and a pardon; the latter carries an imputation of guilt and acceptance of a confession of it, while the former is noncommittal, and tantamount to silence of the witness.
There is a distinction between amnesty and pardon; the former overlooks the offense, and is usually addressed to crimes against the sovereignty of the state and political offenses, the latter remits punishment and condones infractions of the peace of the state.

Last edited:
U.S. Supreme Court
Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79 (1915)
Burdick v. United States
No. 471
Argued December 16, 1914
Decided January 25, 1915
236 U.S. 79

Syllabus
Acceptance, as well as delivery, of a pardon is essential to its validity; if rejected by the person to whom it is tendered, the court has no power to force it on him. United States v. Wilson, 7 Pet. 150.
Quaere whether the President of the United States may exercise the pardoning power before conviction.
A witness may refuse to testify on the ground that his testimony may have an incriminating effect, notwithstanding the President offers, and he refuses, a pardon for any offense connected with the matters in regard to which he is asked to testify.
There are substantial differences between legislative immunity and a pardon; the latter carries an imputation of guilt and acceptance of a confession of it, while the former is noncommittal, and tantamount to silence of the witness.
There is a distinction between amnesty and pardon; the former overlooks the offense, and is usually addressed to crimes against the sovereignty of the state and political offenses, the latter remits punishment and condones infractions of the peace of the state.
Correct. And we told you what that meant. This isn’t our opinion it’s the opinion of legal scholars. Refer back to my comments and supplied definition of “dicta”. Gerald Ford made this same inference in pardoning Nixon. And like you he was wrong.

You’re entitled to your opinion as am I. And the legal doctrine is on my side. So each time you say he was guilty for accepting a pardon I’m gonna reply no he’s not.

Reactions: StarRaider
He says he’s innocent and tried to remove his plea. However the baby powder consuming judge blocked it so there’s that too

Yes, he Tried but never succeeded. Iirc he changed attorney’s and went with Sydney I Never met a Conspiracy Theory I Didn’t Like Powell. Well Sullivan’s “That too” kept him at guilty status at the time of Pardon

He’s a free man. He’s free fair and square.

I suspect we’ll be hearing a lot more interpretation with respect to SCOTUS’ 1915 Decision as Trump pushes his lawful Pardon Button especially his kids and or a Pence pardon of Trump

Yes, he Tried but never succeeded. Iirc he changed attorney’s and went with Sydney I Never met a Conspiracy Theory I Didn’t Like Powell. Well Sullivan’s “That too” kept him at guilty status at the time of Pardon

He’s a free man. He’s free fair and square.

I suspect we’ll be hearing a lot more interpretation with respect to SCOTUS’ 1915 Decision as Trump pushes his lawful Pardon Button especially his kids and or a Pence pardon of Trump
So there won’t be any useful dialog on Trump pardoning his kids or a “President Pence” pardon of Trump if that situation plays out. There’s precedence for all and any challenge will just be theater.

A Trump pardon of himself would indeed be challenged and precedent setting if that situation plays out too

Reactions: StarRaider
He lied to the FBI about his contacts with Russia. That is a felony.

You do realize contacts with Russia was part of his job right?

You also realize the agents according to their own words went into the meeting with the goal of making him lie?

It’s similar to the dumb clip of Kamala Harris during the Kavanaugh hearing asking him intentionally vague questions trying to get him to lie “have you ever spoke to anyone at firm x?” (this massive legal firm could have thousands of employees and even more people who’ve worked there previous). The difference was Kavanaugh was smart enough to ask for a list of employees or if she could name the specific person.

This is why it’s dumb when people ask the question “if trump officials won’t testify before Congress what are they hiding?”

Flynn had committed no crime. So he had nothing to hide and yet still came out of the meeting being charged with a bogus crime. His only crime was losing a disingenuous game similar to the one Harris was playing in this video. If you believe the fbi attempting to make you lie without any underlying crime being committed by you, should be a felony, then you lack understanding of how these things work.

Pretending lying without an underlying crime present is some great evil is a complete joke. Especially when the agents are on record saying their goal was to get him to lie.

Dude, you can type yourself silly and it will not change the fact that Flynn lied to federal agents investigating his contacts with Russia, will not change the fact that lying to FBI agents is a crime, will not change the fact that he was indicted by a grand jury and then pled guilty to those crimes.

Logic and reason mainly

Seriously? I think the most hilarious part of your position is that you have clearly forgotten that Trump fired this nutcase for lying to him. Then when he sees that it's the FBI that's gone after Flynn, Trump goes with the old adage, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and suddenly anoints Flynn as a great American. Consistency is not on your side.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Dude, you can type yourself silly and it will not change the fact that Flynn lied to federal agents investigating his contacts with Russia, will not change the fact that lying to FBI agents is a crime, will not change the fact that he was indicted by a grand jury and then pled guilty to those crimes.

Once again, contacts with Russia are not a crime. Otherwise he would’ve been charged with that. So you’re still pretending it’s some great evil to be entrapped by the fbi?

Let’s be clear, it’s a matter of public record that the fbi went into the meeting with the intent of making him lie.

Reactions: hog88
Seriously? I think the most hilarious part of your position is that you have clearly forgotten that Trump fired this nutcase for lying to him. Then when he sees that it's the FBI that's gone after Flynn, Trump goes with the old adage, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and suddenly anoints Flynn as a great American. Consistency is not on your side.

I’m not sure why you believe trump’s opinion has anything to do with this? Trump fired him? Okay? He fired a lot of people.

That changes absolutely nothing about how absurd his charges were in the first place.

Can you name anyone else in history charged with lying to the fbi without an underlying crime?

I’ll leave this question for the board in general.

Can any of you name a person other than Flynn who was charged with lying to the fbi without any underlying crime?

I’ll leave this question for the board in general.

Can any of you name a person other than Flynn who was charged with lying to the fbi without any underlying crime?
Or can anybody name another individual charged and convicted over the serious offenses outlined in the Logan Act? I mean if this is such a heinous crime surely there are others whom have been convicted of this offense. Can you name one @WBO ?

Reactions: Vol8188
I can't understand why any normal citizen has a problem with a person lying to the FBI? They ****ing lie to us daily.

You do realize contacts with Russia was part of his job right?

You also realize the agents according to their own words went into the meeting with the goal of making him lie?

It’s similar to the dumb clip of Kamala Harris during the Kavanaugh hearing asking him intentionally vague questions trying to get him to lie “have you ever spoke to anyone at firm x?” (this massive legal firm could have thousands of employees and even more people who’ve worked there previous). The difference was Kavanaugh was smart enough to ask for a list of employees or if she could name the specific person.

This is why it’s dumb when people ask the question “if trump officials won’t testify before Congress what are they hiding?”

Flynn had committed no crime. So he had nothing to hide and yet still came out of the meeting being charged with a bogus crime. His only crime was losing a disingenuous game similar to the one Harris was playing in this video. If you believe the fbi attempting to make you lie without any underlying crime being committed by you, should be a felony, then you lack understanding of how these things work.

Which begs the question......."then why the hell lie about it?"

VN Store

Back