Georgia made a big push in attempt to hire WR coach Kelsey Pope

Good recruiter. He can't win without having better players than everyone else. Fact.
1. Recruiting is a big part of the job, probably the biggest part in college; 2. what does he do with his roster? He has a 5-1 career record in the playoffs and shuts down Hooker & Hyatt when no one else can, including the guy with the absolute best players, Saban. He's not just a good recruiter. Pretty much all notable coaches of the modern era have had better players than most of the teams they have played (see No. 1) and championships have been decided in games between teams with similar talent. It's why Michigan and Ohio State decided the Big 10 for years, Oklahoma and Nebraska decided the Big 8, Southern Cal was the biggest threat to Notre Dame, Miami was the biggest threat to Florida State. Those were the teams with the best players. Look at that 247 team talent composite sometime that ranks total team talent each year. Yes, UGA is always Top 5, but they also finish with 12, 13, 14, 15 wins each year and are ranked in the same area at the end of the year. Every year there are multiple Top 10 talent teams that don't finish anywhere near that high or don't even end up ranked. That's what bad coaches do with great talent. Smart does what good coaches do with talent, he beats the hell out of most teams and has his teams in contention. He's a good coach, period.

Last edited:
How do we know she didn't? Sounds like a trouble maker to me.

You understand what the job of a compliance officer is?? If the one that your bank or investment firm employs reported a major financial discrepancy that kept you from losing your retirement would they be a “narc”? Pretty silly to hate on someone for ethically doing what their employer pays them to.

You understand what the job of a compliance officer is?? If the one that your bank or investment firm employs reported a major financial discrepancy that kept you from losing your retirement would they be a “narc”? Pretty silly to hate on someone for ethically doing what their employer pays them to.
Not to belittle your response but I have previously addressed your line of thinking. See below.
Screenshot_20240224_235357_Chrome~2.jpgScreenshot_20240224_235450_Chrome~2.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. And I didn’t take it as belittling. It was actually a refreshing change of pace from what usually happens on here when people don’t see exactly eye to eye.
There are very few people here that post alot and hang around for long that I don't like. I may disagree with you one day and agree the next. Just the way it goes. GBO.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back