Gerald Mincey to the portal

Grant Ramey's article posted on VQ yesterday did not age well.

This does bode well for some of the potential OT in the portal though.

Yeah, weird. He gave a shout out to the Volunteer Club on his X account Dec. 11th announcing that he'd been signed for the 2024 season.
If he cashed a check, then dipped out, that's a problem we don't want to see become a habit for guys.

I'm obviously not sure that's what happened but it looks skeezy from here.

Feels like a jump in the portal for a little more money type deal. 50/50 he ends up staying in orange.
Nah. He's gone. Heupel doesn't strike me as the type of dude to play games like this. According to Mincey, he signed a deal with the Volunteer Club roughly 3 weeks ago. You can't threaten to leave 3 weeks after signing a deal and expect anyone to renegotiate with you. He's gone, IMO.

Nah. He's gone. Heupel doesn't strike me as the type of dude to play games like this. According to Mincey, he signed a deal with the Volunteer Club roughly 3 weeks ago. You can't threaten to leave 3 weeks after signing a deal and expect anyone to renegotiate with you. He's gone, IMO.

Rules should be after using the portal once then they have to sit out a year the 2nd time - gotten to be a joke how many players are abusing the system now

Rules should be after using the portal once then they have to sit out a year the 2nd time - gotten to be a joke how many players are abusing the system now
At least one judge disagrees that players can be treated differently than other students when it comes to transfers.

Should a band kid who transfers for the second time be prohibited from playing in the band? Probably not, and here we are.

Reactions: JRich

Yeah, I don't understand this one either.

There are only so many slots to go around at a P5 (or P4, P3, whatever we have now).

Some of these guys thinking they are gonna enter the portal and grab a bag are gonna end up at Sam Houston State with a $200 NIL deal from Bubbas Bait Shop.

Not like playing time is a factor for Mincey. Continually jumping ship trying to get an extra $10k and having to learn a new system, etc-just not worth it.

VN Store

Back