Gerald Mincey to the portal

Yeah, I don't understand this one either.

There are only so many slots to go around at a P5 (or P4, P3, whatever we have now).

Some of these guys thinking they are gonna enter the portal and grab a bag are gonna end up at Sam Houston State with a $200 NIL deal from Bubbas Bait Shop.

Not like playing time is a factor for Mincey. Continually jumping ship trying to get an extra $10k and having to learn a new system, etc-just not worth it.
Rather he quit now than during the season.

Mincey. Just shaking my head. Once a portal guy, always a portal guy. If he's leveraging, he's taking a risk. Was the guy ever completely healthy?

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
If he cashed a check, then dipped out, that's a problem we don't want to see become a habit for guys.

I'm obviously not sure that's what happened but it looks skeezy from here.
I would hope there were stipulations in the form of a contract that stated he had to stay a Vol or some form of recourse could be taken if not.
Curious as to how that works……..

I would hope there were stipulations in the form of a contract that stated he had to stay a Vol or some form of recourse could be taken if not.
Curious as to how that works……..
If it's an "autograph signing" or "appearance" NIL, he can still do it but will the Vol Club want him signing in another team's jersey at a UT Vol Club event? If he's willing to show up at his engagements, just in another jersey, the Vol Club would probably want to forfeit/nullify the contract.

I don't think the NIL deals can be team specific. I don't think they can say "we want your NIL as long as you play for TN" because that's pay for play.

That's one reason this is a mess. The players went from having no cards/access to NIL to having all the cards in the relationship, it seems.

Reactions: VAVol85 and Alto1

VN Store

Back