Gerald Mincey to the portal

Rules should be after using the portal once then they have to sit out a year the 2nd time - gotten to be a joke how many players are abusing the system now
The portal can only be used once by an under grad. They would need to sit out a year to use it again before graduating.

If a player is a graduate, they can transfer at any time. This rule has been in place for some time (maybe always).

Reactions: VOLSanon
I would hope there were stipulations in the form of a contract that stated he had to stay a Vol or some form of recourse could be taken if not.
Curious as to how that works……..
My understanding of the rules is that cannot be a part of the contract.

I assume most contracts require the athlete to br available for events in the area of the school they attend. If they cant be at an autograph session at the local mall, the contract would then be void.

Maybe not exactly how it works but likely something like that.

The portal can only be used once by an under grad. They would need to sit out a year to use it again before graduating.

If a player is a graduate, they can transfer at any time. This rule has been in place for some time (maybe always).
So Mincey is a graduate?

My understanding of the rules is that cannot be a part of the contract.

I assume most contracts require the athlete to br available for events in the area of the school they attend. If they cant be at an autograph session at the local mall, the contract would then be void.

Maybe not exactly how it works but likely something like that.
If the contract becomes null and void, does the cooperative get their money back,and if so,what if the kid no longer has the money

Disappointing and if they are only chasing the money then a lot of these guys are going to make mistakes. That's for all teams.

I think the Mincey move is the result of Tennessee chasing tackles in the portal. They are pushing for Harvey from LSU and Pounds from UNC. Could be after others also.. Can definitely upgrade from Mincey with either of those two

If the contract becomes null and void, does the cooperative get their money back,and if so,what if the kid no longer has the money

money already given to players is for events or "work" they did. No, they can't get back.

Reactions: KHVol
Hope he's the real deal, but I really hope we aren't depending on him for next year.
Why? The writer called him college ready. It happens. Maybe we should watch this all star game first.

We are due. Does not need to grow.

Didn’t the transfer portal window close on January 2nd?

all someone has to do is notify the school they want to enter the portal. School could take several days to get the information to the official portal.

Also, graduates do not have a transfer window. they can enter at any time. Mincey is a graduate.

Well, it used to be that way but......

That has been null and void due to the court putting a stay and the NCAA agreeing to drop the one time transfer ruler for this year until it is settled. When the ruling was first handed down the NCAA said that anyone that played and if the NCAA won the lawsuit they would loose eligibility. then the NCAA came back and said the one time rule would be put on stay.

Reactions: KHVol
He’s a true VFL
He’s a vol for 2-3 years. Not for life. Although I never played football for the VOLS. I have been a fan for over 50 years, have probably spent enough on shirts,hats,jackets, lunch boxes,car tags,key chains,phone cases,throw blankets,towels,golf bags, underwear,socks, cups,glasses, football tickets,baseball tickets,basketball tickets,countless trips to the bookstore. To retire on. To me that is a VFL. Not some kid who played here for a couple of years, only to leverage that for more money. Disgusting. The greed and love for money is ruining this sport

Well, it used to be that way but......

as of now, that is still the NCAA rule. They may have to change it based on the outcome of the trial but for football players the extension of the restraining order will not impact them unless the outcome of the trial goes against the NCAA.

Not being a big NCAA fan, it is hard to side with them. However, wide open portal use would be detrimental in most cases, to both the athletes and the schools.

I think the NCAA will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future. And then we may have something much better..... or worse. The thought of a Greg Sankey type leading a new organization for collegiate athletics.....blech.

VN Store

Back