Gerald Williams?

Either way, I'd be ecstatic if we landed Moore. I think we only need 2 receivers in this class, so that could open us up to push harder for other recruits. Do you know of any stud OL we have a good chance w/, HV? I haven't really payed much attention lately.

Actually, Moore is an exact replica of Calvin Johnson at 6'4" 220 with 4.4 speed.

It would be a waste because TE's don't wrack up 1200 yards recieving. Also you can't stretch the field with a TE like you can a WR.

It would be a waste because TE's don't wrack up 1200 yards recieving. Also you can't stretch the field with a TE like you can a WR.

Why not? You can stretch the middle of the field. Slot receivers do it all the time. If a TE is fast enough, he'll do it, too. Ask Kellen Winslow. As for a 1200 yard wide receiver, how many of those have run through the T? Not many.

Yeah, Brad Cottam is 6'8 and runs a 4.6 40. He did pretty well last year when he was backseat to the WR trio.

Exactly. They may not rack up 1200 yards in a college season, but they stretch the field.

In fact, I'd go as far to say when you can competently use your TE, it actually allows you to BETTER stretch the field than what a WR does. Everybody can be defended at the WR spot. EVERYONE. However, if you have a Shockey or a Winslow, who has similiar speed and is matched up on an OLB or FS, you are able to really streeeeeeeetch the field.

sorry typo. Maybe I should stop posting after midnight... I meant to say that they can't wrack up 1200 yards but they can stretch the field.

They play different positions so I don't see your point.

No. And don't even try to say Brown is a halfback or some other loose term. They are both tight ends and Brown had, I believe, more catches last year than Cottam has his entire career.

My point is Cottam has done nothing at UT.

VN Store

Back