Get behind Worley

dimera23

I don't get some of you supposed fans. I've been an active participant on Vol message boards for several years now and there always seems to be one common thread linking you all from year to year:the guy under center for the Big Orange is never good enough for you. From Claussen to Ainge to Sims to Bray and now Worley there's just no end to the hate from Vol Nstion.

So we don't have RG3 or Tim Tebow (college version). We've got some good kids willing to suit up and take the field for the Vols. As long as they're playing hard, they deserve respect and support from the fans even when they're not perfect.

Get behind Worley. Coach Jones picked him as the starter. He's going to start. Maybe some love from the fan base might just give the kid an extra boost of confidence going into hell at Oregon then Florida. If you can't manage that, at least STFU for a week or two so you're not damaging the kid's confidence & hurting the team.

Reactions: 28 people
Are you new to message boards?
That's what people do. They overreact on both ends of the spectrum while watching their team. Nobody is against Justin Worley. We just see that it's going to be hard to win some games with the way he's playing right now.
If you can't see that, then you're kidding yourself.
That doesn't mean we all aren't hoping to see him flip the switch. Save for that terrible decision on his pick, I like that he was playing a lot better in the second half. He's just got to keep getting better every game.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't get some of you supposed fans. I've been an active participant on Vol message boards for several years now and there always seems to be one common thread linking you all from year to year:the guy under center for the Big Orange is never good enough for you. From Claussen to Ainge to Sims to Bray and now Worley there's just no end to the hate from Vol Nstion.

So we don't have RG3 or Tim Tebow (college version). We've got some good kids willing to suit up and take the field for the Vols. As long as they're playing hard, they deserve respect and support from the fans even when they're not perfect.

Get behind Worley. Coach Jones picked him as the starter. He's going to start. Maybe some love from the fan base might just give the kid an extra boost of confidence going into hell at Oregon then Florida. If you can't manage that, at least STFU for a week or two so you're not damaging the kid's confidence & hurting the team.

Face it though...Ainge, Crompton and Bray weren't good enough and all underachieved...Simms was just bad. The Clausen hate is the only real head scratcher.

Reactions: 3 people
We're not "supposed fans" Worley stunk up the first half. You can't do that against a good football team. If we played this way against UGA or Florida, we lose by 20.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope Butch gets behind Worley...and kicks him to the bench where he belongs.

Given what we've seen in 2 games, Butch really must have zero confidence in Peterman. He must be even more reckless when throwing the ball than Worley.

We're not "supposed fans" Worley stunk up the first half. You can't do that against a good football team. If we played this way against UGA or Florida, we lose by 20.

Have you see Florida play? We would have stomped a mud hole in them today.

He was bad in the first and I was ready to give up but he came out and had a solid 3rd quarter.....maybe the first half short drives never game him a chance to get in a groove?

Reactions: 4 people
Given what we've seen in 2 games, Butch really must have zero confidence in Peterman. He must be even more reckless when throwing the ball than Worley.

Butch said he wasn't going to just yank his QB out after a bad play. Worley played well the 2nd half. We are fine.

Reactions: 2 people
If that is so, then Jones lied to us the entire offseason practices.

He had Peterman and Worley near dead even. :sad:

I am behind Worley. I support him and applaud him for giving his all for UT. As a fan and a supporter of Worley I recognize that he cannot threaten with his arm or his legs. His accuracy needs work, his arm is weak. He is slowish. IT is not his fault. His weaknesses are genetic, not effort based. I wish him the best but he does not have the base skills to be a good SEC QB. If Butch thinks he is UTs best option at QB then it is what it is.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch said he wasn't going to just yank his QB out after a bad play. Worley played well the 2nd half. We are fine.
I lived in Memphis for decades.

That gives you a built-in exuse for making such a ridiculous statement. Mediocrity comforts mediocrity. :crazy:

Hey I am behind JW until CJB changes my mind

Last edited:

VN Store

Back