Get behind Worley

Where in this post did I say anything about Worley? Your arragance is only topped by your ignorance and inability to read. You want to trash anyone you assume has a different opinion than yours. My original response was to your op telling everyone to "STFU" if they disagree.

Don't do that dude, it's weak. The whole point of the post is that people are ripping on Worley. If you can't even follow that much maybe you should be swimming in a shallower pool.

And to some extent I agree with you... But I promise you if one of those freshman that have yet to take a meaningful snap at UT were better than Worley or Peterman they'd be out there. It shows exactly where they are in their development. Says who? Ridiculous. Freshman savioritis. Give me a break. Every year. They need to develop just like 99% of freshman players in the NCAA.

Like I said, that wasnt my point. If Worley keeps being inaccurate, then give Peterman a shot with the 1s during some meaningful snaps. if a FR passes the others up later, dont be scared to put him up.You dont keep doing what doesnt work till the wheels fall off.

Typical VN poster:

"Brays a punk. He cant win a big game."

30 mins later.....

"I dont understand why you all have to bash the people that chose to play for our Vols."

Worley has underthrown some balls but most have been off his back foot under pressure. Only one has been thrown where a defender could make a play on it.

I initially yelled at the TV when Worley seemed to under throw Johnson. I am still not sure he threw it short by design. However looking at the replay, he could not have thrown it longer or put more air under it. The safety could have made a play on the ball. He actually placed that ball almost perfect. He improved from last week to this week and will continue to improve under Jones.

He was 3 for 8 and 35 yds in the first half then 8 for 11 for 108 in the 2nd half.

His play is not pretty but he is managing the O well and making plays.

Reactions: 1 person
Typical VN poster:

"Brays a punk. He cant win a big game."

30 mins later.....

"I dont understand why you all have to bash the people that chose to play for our Vols."

The difference is Bray earned that before a lot of us started saying it.

Like I said, that wasnt my point. If Worley keeps being inaccurate, then give Peterman a shot with the 1s during some meaningful snaps. if a FR passes the others up later, dont be scared to put him up.You dont keep doing what doesnt work till the wheels fall off.

Jones expresses confidence in Worley... and one of the tangible things I liked about him from the start was that he isn't shy about yanking a starting QB. Legaux was 6-2 last year when Jones decided he wasn't getting the job done.

Worley needs to throw the ball so that receivers can make a play after the catch. He isn't doing that. He is however completing a high % of his passes and avoiding the mistakes that lose games. He is "managing" the O very, very well from that perspective.

If Worley needs a fan message board for motivation to improve his game or if fan chatter can bring him down then he certainly doesn't deserve support. He's the QB for Tennessee, that position comes with a certain level of scrutiny and pressure, it just does. Always has, always will.

Says the anonymous person behind a keyboard.

I agree that college athletes know they will be scrutinized but with sites like this, Twitter, the 24 hour sports news cycle, blogs, fan sites, facebook, etc, these young men are put under more of a microscope with each passing second.

At some point, you have to understand that they are human and not just some toy for your viewing pleasure.

We are just fans, supposed devotees to an institution (my alma mater).

If you don't understand the effect of message boards, let me point you to Gruden. That was a totally bogus idea that was repeated enough on here, and then radio call in shows, to be picked up by national media.

Fans do get heard, ask Arien Foster. And remember, you won't wake up sore tomorrow from playing a game that others watch and then criticize your every move when you didn't do it exactly how they wanted.

Last edited:
The difference is Bray earned that before a lot of us started saying it.

No he didnt.....sure he made some.dumb decisions on and off the field but he was a damn good QB and made a lot more good plays. This just further shows the double standard between Bray and Worley.

Worley is playing like Crompton '08 so far

Don't do that dude, it's weak. The whole point of the post is that people are ripping on Worley. If you can't even follow that much maybe you should be swimming in a shallower pool.

You are obviously only 17 or 18 years old to be this stupid. You choose to rip on me and claim I have said something I haven't. Just because you say something doesn't make you right or smart. Again my response was to you using foul language at others on here, thats it! The only thing shallow is you. Your immaturity is on full display.

Play calling is bad. Too much pressure being put on worley. To much standing around trying to find the open man. Worley needs some plays scripted, bubble screens and quick slants to get some rhythm going.

You are obviously only 17 or 18 years old to be this stupid. You choose to rip on me and claim I have said something I haven't. Just because you say something doesn't make you right or smart. Again my response was to you using foul language at others on here, thats it! The only thing shallow is you. Your immaturity is on full display.

How many times did you vote for Reagan? Because you use his debate tactics very well. When you don't like the information, go after the guy who brought it.

How many times did you vote for Reagan? Because you use his debate tactics very well. When you don't like the information, go after the guy who brought it.

Ahhh..a classical Mondale Democrat...thought you disappeared along with parachute pants! :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back