Get behind Worley

Justin's processor is a little slow for college play.
He may be the sacrificial lamb for the gauntlet though.

Big Arm - Nope
Quick Release- Nope
Mobile - Nope
Accurate - Kinda
Smart - I guess

Just my observations of course. But hard to argue otherwise.

Maybe me but seemed to me CBJ opened up the playbook in the second half maybe more than he wanted but seemed to ignite Worley into decent status. Just my take. The first half was so vanilla it was boring and pitiful.

Worley sometimes hits his mark, but he struggles getting it where he should. 2 half looked better, but he still worries me.

He did throw 2 TD passes that were dropped but decision making was pretty poor in the INT's, today his timing and drop back time was awful at times, he needs to get quicker with his release and progressions and whether any of us would like to admit it or not if he doesn't have it by now it's probably not going to get a whole lot better.

Justin's processor is a little slow for college play.
He may be the sacrificial lamb for the gauntlet though.

^^^^^
This. Worley takes the beating through October so as not to expose either of our freshman to injury or destroy their confidence. If Worley is still struggling in November, you might see a QB change against teams that we match up with talent wise and have a better chance of beating.

Hopefully Worley proves us wrong and even pulls an upset or two, but I'm not seeing it yet.

Watching GA vs SC, Gurley is a monster........

^^^^^
This. Worley takes the beating through October so as not to expose either of our freshman to injury or destroy their confidence. If Worley is still struggling in November, you might see a QB change against teams that we match up with talent wise and have a better chance of beating.

Hopefully Worley proves us wrong and even pulls an upset or two, but I'm not seeing it yet.

Watching GA vs SC, Gurley is a monster........

And then Jones looks like a d*** for making Worley his little whipping boy to not hurt the wittle freshman's feelings/egos. If the guy busts his butt, doesn't cause losses, he deserves to be the starter until he's beaten out in camps, injured, or graduated. I to this day hate that Dooley did that to Simms, and it doesn't need to happen to Worley.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't get some of you supposed fans. I've been an active participant on Vol message boards for several years now and there always seems to be one common thread linking you all from year to year:the guy under center for the Big Orange is never good enough for you. From Claussen to Ainge to Sims to Bray and now Worley there's just no end to the hate from Vol Nstion.

So we don't have RG3 or Tim Tebow (college version). We've got some good kids willing to suit up and take the field for the Vols. As long as they're playing hard, they deserve respect and support from the fans even when they're not perfect.

Get behind Worley. Coach Jones picked him as the starter. He's going to start. Maybe some love from the fan base might just give the kid an extra boost of confidence going into hell at Oregon then Florida. If you can't manage that, at least STFU for a week or two so you're not damaging the kid's confidence & hurting the team.
From the language in your post you are the only one showing hatred.

Reactions: 1 person
1 bad decision can negate 10 good decisions when you turn the ball over. He can drive down the field making good decisions but that interception was just horrible all around and he knew it. I think he'll get it together just fine.

You can tell he's still getting comfortable. As the game went on, he was making more of his throws on target (minus the interception). I still think he will be fine.

He was bad in the first and I was ready to give up but he came out and had a solid 3rd quarter.....maybe the first half short drives never game him a chance to get in a groove?

He did look much better in the second half..plus Croom dropped a pefect pass to late in the second quarter that lead to the blocked punt...

Worley looked a lot better when they let him just play qb, instead of the read option fakes. When he can watch the defense he was very accurate. When they rolled him out off the option read is when he struggled. He was lost could not find recievers or figure out what the d was doing fast enough.

I don't get some of you supposed fans. I've been an active participant on Vol message boards for several years now and there always seems to be one common thread linking you all from year to year:the guy under center for the Big Orange is never good enough for you. From Claussen to Ainge to Sims to Bray and now Worley there's just no end to the hate from Vol Nstion.

So we don't have RG3 or Tim Tebow (college version). We've got some good kids willing to suit up and take the field for the Vols. As long as they're playing hard, they deserve respect and support from the fans even when they're not perfect.

Get behind Worley. Coach Jones picked him as the starter. He's going to start. Maybe some love from the fan base might just give the kid an extra boost of confidence going into hell at Oregon then Florida. If you can't manage that, at least STFU for a week or two so you're not damaging the kid's confidence & hurting the team.
Supposed fans ... please ... you are a senior member and should no that fans get to say what they want even if you don't agree. You STFU. I am tired of you that just have to tear people down for having an opinion.

Worley just isn't throwing with confidence. I think we saw his level come up in the second half and I hope he can keep it for Oregon.

Supposed fans ... please ... you are a senior member and should no that fans get to say what they want even if you don't agree. You STFU. I am tired of you that just have to tear people down for having an opinion.

You can have your opinion all day long kiddo. Just don't be surprised when I point out how naive it is. The right to have an opinion doesn't free you from the consequences of stating it.

And then Jones looks like a d*** for making Worley his little whipping boy to not hurt the wittle freshman's feelings/egos. If the guy busts his butt, doesn't cause losses, he deserves to be the starter until he's beaten out in camps, injured, or graduated. I to this day hate that Dooley did that to Simms, and it doesn't need to happen to Worley.

Dooley waited too long with Simms.....if any other QBs step up, CBJ needs, to play them

Freshman or not. Idc how old someone is, I want a winner

Dooley waited too long with Simms.....if any other QBs step up, CBJ needs, to play them

Freshman or not. Idc how old someone is, I want a winner

It won't be Ferguson or Dobbs this year unless there are some injuries... And we're in much deeper doodoo if that happens than we are right now.

From the language in your post you are the only one showing hatred.

Yeah, no sorry buddy, but I can't agree. Hate is tearing a 20 year old kid apart because he's not as good as you think he should be, not pointing out that doing so does more harm to the team you supposedly love right before they head into two of the toughest stadiums in the nation to face teams that are already expected to mow the field with them.

It won't be Ferguson or Dobbs this year unless there are some injuries... And we're in much deeper doodoo if that happens than we are right now.

Says who? Wouldnt be the first time we played a true freshman.

Besides, that wasnt my point. You play the best player, regardless of seniority. And if one continuosly fails to get the offense going, you give someone else a chance. Then you decide to revert back to the other guy or keep the current.

Worley has been very inaccurate since spring ball and nothing has changed. He is making the right reads. He just cant throw very well.

Yeah, no sorry buddy, but I can't agree. Hate is tearing a 20 year old kid apart because he's not as good as you think he should be, not pointing out that doing so does more harm to the team you supposedly love right before they head into two of the toughest stadiums in the nation to face teams that are already expected to mow the field with them.

Where in this post did I say anything about Worley? Your arragance is only topped by your ignorance and inability to read. You want to trash anyone you assume has a different opinion than yours. My original response was to your op telling everyone to "STFU" if they disagree.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back