Get behind Worley

I guess you guys calling for Worley's head due to his first half play should also be calling for the O-Line to be benched as well cause they got pushed around. Don't be hypocrites. Tell Tiny he needs to be benched too if you got a pair.

If you still support him after today's performance, you must be special.

It's not Worleys fault, we screwed up recruiting our receivers, the blame goes to them. They are way too fast, we have to recruit slower receivers so he want under throw them. Much, much slower receivers.

Don't know what some of you were watching. Worley had a slow start but save the pick he should have thrown away he played lights out in the 2nd half. His throws were sharp and on the money. He's gonna be a good one. Butch says he can win with him and Butch gets it! Most of you guys? Not so much.:)

Reactions: 2 people
Cbj is going to red shirt the 2 freshman to go with the good 2014 class coming in! Which is a damn good move in my opinion! Might as well ride the storm! RF or JD will be the starter game one next year I would bet on it!

Don't know what some of you were watching. Worley had a slow start but save the pick he should have thrown away he played lights out in the 2nd half. His throws were sharp and on the money. He's gonna be a good one. Butch says he can win with him and Butch gets it! Most of you guys? Not so much.:)

Amen brotha!

Apparantly, I watched a different game than some of you all today.

I watched Worley throw what should have been TWO TD passes today.. One was cleanly broken up by the defender another was simply mishandled by the receiver. I don't think we have really seen Worley for what he is yet.

Next week will tell the tale. I think that CBJ knows what he is doing.

BTW.. I got to meet Peterman after the game... very nice guy.. he even posed with my kiddos for a picture. Peterman.. we need to watch him... I think he may have some skills after he gets some experience under his belt.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks to the op. I couldn't agree with you more! Worley is our QB, and there is nothing any of us can do about it, so you might as well get behind him and give him all of your support. He will only get better. Heck the kid stuck around all this time playing behind Bray just waiting for his chance so the least you can do is get behind him and show him you support him all the way and quit complaining about everything.

78 points by Justin Worley led offense in 5 1/2 quarters. UT VOLS 2-0.
Against the defenses of Austin Peay and Western Kentucky. If Worley keeps throwing behind receivers or off of his back foot, the good teams are going to eat him alive. I hope he continues to improve.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't get some of you supposed fans. I've been an active participant on Vol message boards for several years now and there always seems to be one common thread linking you all from year to year:the guy under center for the Big Orange is never good enough for you. From Claussen to Ainge to Sims to Bray and now Worley there's just no end to the hate from Vol Nstion.

So we don't have RG3 or Tim Tebow (college version). We've got some good kids willing to suit up and take the field for the Vols. As long as they're playing hard, they deserve respect and support from the fans even when they're not perfect.

Get behind Worley. Coach Jones picked him as the starter. He's going to start. Maybe some love from the fan base might just give the kid an extra boost of confidence going into hell at Oregon then Florida. If you can't manage that, at least STFU for a week or two so you're not damaging the kid's confidence & hurting the team.

LOL at anything on said on this website damaging the team. If Worley is butt hurt about comments made on a website, then he needs to quit playing football. And maybe if we all hold hands and sit in a circle, he might be able to throw the ball longer than 30 yards. I'm not into all this rah rah bs. I saw a QB playing poorly today and I commented on his poor play. Plain and simple.

Cbj is going to red shirt the 2 freshman to go with the good 2014 class coming in! Which is a damn good move in my opinion! Might as well ride the storm! RF or JD will be the starter game one next year I would bet on it!

So your going to play Worley all year and then sit him out next year?

Lol ok.....

If Worley plays all year, better bet he will start next year too.

Against the defenses of Austin Peay and Western Kentucky. If Worley keeps throwing behind receivers or off of his back foot, the good teams are going to eat him alive. I hope he continues to improve.

He is not RG3, Andrew Luck, or Tim Tebow (College).

He looks to be more like AJ at Alabama....a game manager.

I'm pretty sure you guys are trying to compare him Bray, which is unfair. You're use to a QB slinging it 40 yards down field. That's not this offense or Worley.

He is not RG3, Andrew Luck, or Tim Tebow (College).

He looks to be more like AJ at Alabama....a game manager.

I'm pretty sure you guys are trying to compare him Bray, which is unfair. You're use to a QB slinging it 40 yards down field. That's not this offense or Worley.
I know you're not trying to compare him to AJ at Alabama. That's just nuts.

Reactions: 1 person
Says who? Wouldnt be the first time we played a true freshman.

Besides, that wasnt my point. You play the best player, regardless of seniority. And if one continuosly fails to get the offense going, you give someone else a chance. Then you decide to revert back to the other guy or keep the current.

Worley has been very inaccurate since spring ball and nothing has changed. He is making the right reads. He just cant throw very well.

And to some extent I agree with you... But I promise you if one of those freshman that have yet to take a meaningful snap at UT were better than Worley or Peterman they'd be out there. It shows exactly where they are in their development. Says who? Ridiculous. Freshman savioritis. Give me a break. Every year. They need to develop just like 99% of freshman players in the NCAA.

I support Tennessee. So whoever is behind center is going to get my support be it Erik Ainge, Cromp Daddy, Bray, Simms, Manning, Holloway, or Rick Clausen.

Remember we're all here for one team.

LOL at anything on said on this website damaging the team. If Worley is butt hurt about comments made on a website, then he needs to quit playing football. And maybe if we all hold hands and sit in a circle, he might be able to throw the ball longer than 30 yards. I'm not into all this rah rah bs. I saw a QB playing poorly today and I commented on his poor play. Plain and simple.

Right, because a 20 year old kid could never be negatively affected by hundreds of people ripping him in an open online forum, attacking his football abilities on radio call in shows and making fun of him on social media. It's obvious Worley has an unshakable confidence and can just shrug off all the negativity and would never ever doubt himself going on the road against two of the most potent teams in all of college football right before he launches into a brutal schedule against multiple top 10 teams. The dude is superman and nothing we could ever say could affect his state of mind. Go vols, right?

VN Store

Back