Get Ready For Nd Part 2

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@May 25, 2005 7:51 PM
Yep, we gave you a win to hang your hat on last year.  But that says it all about our programs.  It was a game we should of won, but didn't in a fluke - and a game you won because upsets happen occassionally.  Anyway, no favors this year.  We've got revenge and 2 in a row at south bend on our side.

So what are the expectations in has-been football capital of America.  7-4, 6-5?  An appearance in a December 28 bowl game on ESPN2?  A win over Navy?
[snapback]98132[/snapback]​

Better hope they don't have to meet Oregon State in yet another bowl game... :lol:

Originally posted by milohimself@May 26, 2005 12:19 AM
Better hope they don't have to meet Oregon State in yet another bowl game... :lol:
[snapback]98231[/snapback]​

p1_newton-122804-ap.jpg

Originally posted by jasonms20@May 24, 2005 6:59 PM
Would of, could of , should of , didn't.  All you ND haters had your chance to beat the Irish and got beat.  If we lived in the land of "should haves" ND would have beaten Colorado for a National Title with the Rocket return, Randy Moss would have gone to ND, and Tenn. would have actually done something to brag about.  Unfortunatly for you, we live in a reality where ND won at your place last year and will win at home this year.

GOD BLESS THE IRISH!!!
[snapback]97713[/snapback]​

Ever heard the saying about the blind squirrel?

We had our chance last year, and we didnt get a win from it. But after forcing UT to go to thier 3rd string QB, you would have thought ND would have blown us out of the stadium. Guess the Irish didnt have it in them.

Anyways, we have another chance to get the Irish. It will be at their house this time. I cant wait for the BIG ORANGE BLOWOUT!!!

btw, I bought that UT LEGENDS DVD a few weeks ago. One of the older members told a story about General Neyland carrying a book with him, written by Knute Rockne. Knute Rockne got to where he was by using this equation: Schedule weak teams to start off your season. Add a strong team. Then, follow that up with a few more weak teams. Add another strong team, and repeat as often as neccessary.

Hence the secret of the ND tradition.

"Seriously, brag about beating Tennessee all you want, ND is a mediocre school that have the biggest homers of fans in the entire country that like to overrate their schedule every year and then whenever ND loses they just blame it on that instead of taking the loss like real fans do."

You mean like blaming a loss on a 3rd string QB?

:rolleyes: Well, he did throw that one little interception. Good thing it didn't change the outcome of the game though. :whistle:

Originally posted by ELEVENB@May 27, 2005 9:54 PM
"Seriously, brag about beating Tennessee all you want, ND is a mediocre school that have the biggest homers of fans in the entire country that like to overrate their schedule every year and then whenever ND loses they just blame it on that instead of taking the loss like real fans do."

You mean like blaming a loss on a 3rd string QB?
[snapback]98665[/snapback]​

Better than saying "look at our schedule!" like ND fans do.

Read this thread again and you'll notice that UT fans have at least accepted that they lost that game, ND fans would never admit to their team losing in anything.

When ND regains their prestige, then you can start talking again, fact is Tennessee is the better of the two schools and bragging about winning a regular season game over them just proves it.

The talent isn't there at South Bend anymore, Holtz isn't there to buy recruits and ND is just a mediocre school. Tennessee played a ****** game against teh Irish last year and got beat, big deal.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@May 27, 2005 11:09 PM
Better than saying "look at our schedule!" like ND fans do.

Read this thread again and you'll notice that UT fans have at least accepted that they lost that game, ND fans would never admit to their team losing in anything.

When ND regains their prestige, then you can start talking again, fact is Tennessee is the better of the two schools and bragging about winning a regular season game over them just proves it.

The talent isn't there at South Bend anymore, Holtz isn't there to buy recruits and ND is just a mediocre school. Tennessee played a ****** game against teh Irish last year and got beat, big deal.
[snapback]98689[/snapback]​

The "big deal" is that you got beat by a notably lesser football team, which warrants some chest beating, especially since UT tends to claim the "We're So Athletically Gifted and Humble While We Tell Everyone About It" award every year. ND fans are usually better at "dishing it" without being able to "take it" - true enough. I'm just saying that both sides could exude a little more humility, given that ND hasn't won a NC in nearly 20 years, and UT isn't exactly the jewel of the SEC as it thinks it is.

It IS funny to see you point fingers at ND for Holtz's improprieties, given the current discipline "issues" at UT. 2nd only to Ohio State right now? Domers may do and say a lot of things, but beating up other students and felony indictments aren't on that list.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@May 24, 2005 11:38 PM

ND is a mediocre school that have the biggest homers of fans
[snapback]97910[/snapback]​

The Golden Homers?

Originally posted by ELEVENB@May 28, 2005 12:33 AM
The "big deal" is that you got beat by a notably lesser football team, which warrants some chest beating, especially since UT tends to claim the "We're So Athletically Gifted and Humble While We Tell Everyone About It" award every year.  ND fans are usually better at "dishing it" without being able to "take it" - true enough. I'm just saying that both sides could exude a little more humility, given that ND hasn't won a NC in nearly 20 years, and UT isn't exactly the jewel of the SEC as it thinks it is.

It IS funny to see you point fingers at ND for Holtz's improprieties, given the current discipline "issues" at UT. 2nd only to Ohio State right now? Domers may do and say a lot of things, but beating up other students and felony indictments aren't on that list.
[snapback]98696[/snapback]​

That's a big deal? Jason was acting like it made ND's season, which is what I don't understand. UT looks to winning at least the SEC in order to have their season made, all ND has to do is beat 1 team with better talent and their dreams are accomplished.

As for UT's discpline issues, we're not even 2nd in SEC, let alone the entire country. Check out what has been going down at Georgia and South carolina before putting UT above both those schools, and that's just the SEC. Penn State has had 16 football players cited this offseason alone as well, there are plenty of schools that have had worse offseasons than Tennessee. Ohio State has had 4 this offseason, along with the NCAA clearing them of all of Maurice Clarett's allegations as the NCAA is done investigating their football program, so I really tend to believe that you're just pulling things out of your ass by naming OSU and Tennessee as the top 2 programs that have discipline issues.

ND hasn't won a national title, and deep down their fans KNOW that they'll never win another one, so their nostalgia for the glory days is what fuels the homerism that they have. Tennessee may not be the jewel, but care to name me what school is the jewel then? Alabama - if we were in the 50's, LSU - up and down years, Florida - a decade of good football and now that Spurrier is gone they have been average, Georgia - another up and down school, Auburn - finally broke through last year and saved Tubberville his job because Auburn has been dissapointing the prior 5 seasons.

Who really knows who the crown jewl of the SEC is, looks to be a wash in a sense, but I don't think you can rate Tenn any lower than 3rd in the SEC.

"I'm just saying that both sides could exude a little more humility"

Tell that to your buddy Jason.

"UT isn't exactly the jewel of the SEC as it thinks it is"

Care to elaborate on that? We love our school. We think we are #1. Name me a school that doesnt.

"...the current discipline "issues" at UT..."

Difference between individual player "issues" and coaching "INFRACTIONS" ( now being investigated at So. Carolina as well).

"Domers may do and say a lot of things, but beating up other students and felony indictments aren't on that list"

No. But I hear free trips to Vegas with a Athletic Department secetary are.

If these players (with the "issues" at UT, and have since been thrown off the team), went and played for your Irish, you'd probably win a MNC. We are kicking players off the team that are better than any ND player.

How about getting your facts straight before you engage in a arguement.

I think it's Media National Championship... Well, I know the last two are right. But it's another name for a national championship.

Originally posted by ELEVENB@May 27, 2005 11:33 PM
and UT isn't exactly the jewel of the SEC as it thinks it is.

Uh, we won the SEC East last year....has won the SEC and a NC in the last 7 years....

We are damn well high on the tip top of the SEC.

At least we are in a conference. I would love to see ND move to the ACC, Big 10 or SEC. My guess is that they wouldn't do too well.

I always thought it was "mythical" since we have no playoff.

:dunno:

ND reminds me of Alabama.

Living in the past and the laughingstock of the country

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 28, 2005 12:49 PM
At least we are in a conference.  I would love to see ND move to the ACC, Big 10 or SEC.  My guess is that they wouldn't do too well.
[snapback]98783[/snapback]​

I guess the thought is that we can play the best from each conference, (USC, UT, Michigan, Pittsburg) without having to play the "Vanderbilts" from each of them. I will say, our Stanford and Navy match-ups hurt us, but they are there for either historical or recruiting value. I will agree that ND plays some cupcakes, but UAB, Vanderbilt, and UK haven't been setting the college football world on fire either.

Originally posted by U-T@May 28, 2005 1:31 PM
ND reminds me of Alabama.

the laughingstock of the country
[snapback]98844[/snapback]​

man I hope you are refering only to athletics...

Originally posted by WP99ND06@May 28, 2005 12:44 PM
man I hope you are refering only to athletics...
[snapback]98855[/snapback]​

And so the argument changes to academics....again....what the Bama fans did in another argument.

You all are becoming so alike it's scary.

Note to Notre Dame fans: Your team blows. You have been above .500 once since 2001

Originally posted by WP99ND06@May 28, 2005 1:39 PM
I guess the thought is that we can play the best from each conference, (USC, UT, Michigan, Pittsburg) without having to play the "Vanderbilts" from each of them. I will say, our Stanford and Navy match-ups hurt us, but they are there for either historical or recruiting value. I will agree that ND plays some cupcakes, but UAB, Vanderbilt, and UK haven't been setting the college football world on fire either.
[snapback]98852[/snapback]​

Just like I said, the "look at our schedule" argument comes up.

Originally posted by U-T@May 28, 2005 1:47 PM
And so the argument changes to academics....again....what the Bama fans did in another argument.

[snapback]98856[/snapback]​

Settle down - just having a conversation...

VN Store

Back