Gina Carano Fired After Social Media Post

Reactions: Stonewall83
And I’m out. Not letting cancel culture decide who gets to be in the shows I watch.

Gina Carano Dropped From 'The Mandalorian' After 'Abhorrent' Social Media Posts

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Reactions: n_huffhines
I can tell by these threads you watch so much stuff. It’s hilarious you are just getting to this. It’s probably a shorter list of what you haven’t watched an episode of.

I marathoned the 1st & 2nd season in 3 days and caught up on Wandavision in the 2 days before that.

She just spoke the truth and apparently that gets you destroyed now days thanks to the commie left.

Comparing social media harassment of Republicans to the treatment of the Jews during WW2 is "the truth" ? Lmao!! That's a weeeee bit of a stretch don't you think? I almost have to wonder at this point if she was just looking to get fired. She HAD to have known that her post was going to cause a ****-stir. I dont know why celebrities (or anyone for that matter) don't just get off twitter altogether.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Comparing social media harassment of Republicans to the treatment of the Jews during WW2 is "the truth" ? Lmao!! That's a weeeee bit of a stretch don't you think? I almost have to wonder at this point if she was just looking to get fired. She HAD to have known that her post was going to cause a ****-stir. I dont know why celebrities (or anyone for that matter) don't just get off twitter altogether.

This has been brewing for months. Apparently Favreau had been taking up for her but the nazi/Jew comparison was the final straw.

I thought she was supposed to play a major role in the Republic Rangers. They may recast Cara Dune.

This has been brewing for months. Apparently Favreau had been taking up for her but the nazi/Jew comparison was the final straw.

I thought she was supposed to play a major role in the Republic Rangers. They may recast Cara Dune.

She was. I'd say they will probably recast her. That would probably be easier than scrapping and rewriting what they've already scripted and story-boarded.

Wow, they brought back James Gunn, but Carano gets the axe. Not shocking though, kind of proves her point even further.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Wow, they brought back James Gunn, but Carano gets the axe. Not shocking though, kind of proves her point even further.

Situations are completely different. Gunn was fired for dumb tweets that were dug up from 7 years prior (And they were dumb!). He quickly disavowed them and said they were terrible attempts at trying to be provocative. It took the GotG cast and a massive fan groundswell to get him back.

Carano was CURRENTLY peddling conspiracies about COVID and election fraud. She was under fire for months and flat out said she didn’t care if she got fired. She wasn’t even asked to make a public apology just dial the crazy back. Then she went off the rails comparing conservative persecution to jews being rounded up by nazis. She made her bed.

She is the right to believe and say whatever she wants. She does not have the right to remain employed by Lucasfilm/Disney.

Reactions: NashVol11

I totally agree on celebrities staying off Twitter.

That being said, “The beginnings of this awful thing in history have an alarming resemblance to the direction we’re heading” is not offensive to any rational person. She was under the gun because she wouldn’t put her “pronouns” in her bio, cancel culture was just waiting for one more thing they could use against her.

Situations are completely different. Gunn was fired for dumb tweets that were dug up from 7 years prior (And they were dumb!). He quickly disavowed them and said they were terrible attempts at trying to be provocative. It took the GotG cast and a massive fan groundswell to get him back.

Carano was CURRENTLY peddling conspiracies about COVID and election fraud. She was under fire for months and flat out said she didn’t care if she got fired. She wasn’t even asked to make a public apology just dial the crazy back. Then she went off the rails comparing conservative persecution to jews being rounded up by nazis. She made her bed.

She is the right to believe and say whatever she wants. She does not have the right to remain employed by Lucasfilm/Disney.

She didn't compare persecution to the Jews at all. She made a pretty valid point on the hostility between parties in our country and how people are manipulated into hating one another. She got canned because she didn't fall in line. Period. But I'm not going to bring anymore PF talk into the Mandalorian thread. RIP Cara Dune.

She didn't compare persecution to the Jews at all. She made a pretty valid point on the hostility between parties in our country and how people are manipulated into hating one another. She got canned because she didn't fall in line. Period. But I'm not going to bring anymore PF talk into the Mandalorian thread. RIP Cara Dune.

When you combine it with her other comments over the past several months it’s easy to read between the lines. Like I said, by all accounts she was warned internally, she flaunted getting fired. She canceled herself.

I don’t know anything about the woman, her history or the show.
But speaking as a Jew, I don’t feel like what she said was cause to get her fired.
Nothing should be compared to Nazi Germany, that was stupid on her part.
Why are people trying to turn this into an Antisemitic slur which it is not.

"Extreme hostility, encouraged by political parties, manifested into one of the greatest atrocities in human history. Can we acknowledge that the earliest days of the Holocaust resemble some of the things happening in our country today? Hating people due to their political beliefs has proven to be a bad and dangerous path."

Disney: You're fired for your abhorrent speech. Abhorrent speech=questioning any liberal agenda.

To be fair, she's been in hot water for a while over her posts. She knew it would happen eventually

Sucks because I thought she was good on the show

VN Store

Back