"Going to do unspeakable things to Oklahoma"

Keep your words sweet. You might be eating them later. I think we win. But I won't put money on it. Away game. A lot of pride on the line. We haven't been legitimately tested yet. The good news is we've had three extra weeks of practice leading up to this game.
And after this game people will say that we haven't been legitimately tested yet.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Agreed. I guess it is some BVS or something but I just don't like all the bragging by the Vols fans. I remember the Fulmer years. I remember and was even at school (02-05) when I first notice things were not that right anymore. Sure we went 2-2 against Alabama and Florida but we had some disappointing seasons in 2002 and 2005. I posted this in another thread that sums it up well:

I guess it is pride.

Our series record is

22-28 vs Georgia

21-32 vs Florida

38-60 vs Alabama

When I first became a Tennessee fan, we were within 10 games of tying Alabama and had winning records against Florida and Georgia. We were considered a better program than both Florida and Georgia. The last 20 years has been rough. No SEC Championships, going 0-3 against those teams and most years getting manhandled, being the laughing stock of the nation. It is hard for me to go brag online to people with what we went through.

I would love to see us chip out 5-10 years of beating them like they beat us in blowouts and tying these series back up before I start bragging.

EDIT: In fact, we have 0 hope of even catching Alabama. We would have to go 20 straight years of beating them and win 10 or more National Titles to just get to their level.

If I was an Alabama fan, I would just point out the series record and Titles every time a TN fan talks trash.
0 chance of catching Bama … not in my lifetime anyways. Doesn’t matter … it’s all about what you do in the next game. Winning the next 10 in a row or even 8 of 10 would be really nice … !

If they are reading it, they will understand most of us respect the OU program and have no illusions about the game. If I had to say, I would say it’s a close game for 2 or 3 qtrs and UT has enough of an edge to pull away. How many times have we been better than FLA on paper?? You just never know till you line up and play.
I'm pretty sure we're gonna get ol' Billy fired this year......

Rat Poison! To think we're going into Norman and beat up the Sooners in their house, in their first SEC conference game ever! In front of a full, loud stadium with Gameday there. Hope we win big but don't be delusional thinking this will be an easy task. They have great talent and although they haven't put everything together yet, we MUST assume they can. Go Big Orange!!
The way I look at it, you have 2 teams playing both 3 deep in 4 and 5 star players, anything is possible.

I loved this quote from an article that considers Oklahoma to be ranked too high.

Next week's signature game will be a homecoming of sorts for former Oklahoma star quarterback Josh Heupel. His Tennessee Volunteers are going to do unspeakable things to Oklahoma in this game.

OU by 13-17 points.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
I have a feeling Oklahoma is going to come out with their hair on fire. We better be ready, I hope the team isn’t reading stuff like this.
If they are then they won’t win the game. It’s ok for fans to talk all the crap they want on a message board, it has no affect on the players and never has since the beginning of message boards.

OU has a really good defense, but I don't think they have the offense to keep up. I don't see us scoring more than 35, but I doubt OU gets to 20.

Rat Poison! To think we're going into Norman and beat up the Sooners in their house, in their first SEC conference game ever! In front of a full, loud stadium with Gameday there. Hope we win big but don't be delusional thinking this will be an easy task. They have great talent and although they haven't put everything together yet, we MUST assume they can. Go Big Orange!!
We never learn

If they are then they won’t win the game. It’s ok for fans to talk all the crap they want on a message board, it has no affect on the players and never has since the beginning of message boards.
I understand that moran. Just hoping the team does not come into this game overconfident

I get the feeling that this will turn into LSU 2022. Death Valley was Neyland South by the 3rd quater.
My youngest son was a Professor at Franciscan U in Baton Rouge and we had one of our great father-son moments at that game. He also got to attend the LSU Bama night game that year that LSU won…so he got to see both sides of Death Valley.

I would guess that tailgating in Norman doesn’t hold a candle to the food in Baton Rouge.

I get the feeling that this will turn into LSU 2022. Death Valley was Neyland South by the 3rd quater.
Will OK panic early like Kelly did and start going for it on 4th down in the first quarter as that’s what turned the momentum leading to the big UT lead. Does OK trust their defense to keep us out of the end zone or will they panic and start making risky decisions on offense? Personally, I don’t see their offense fairing well Saturday but we shall see as they say.

Game is going to start out tight. Will be loud. The fan base will be their 12th player. Initially, they'll make our offense look a little disjointed.

But our defense will lock them down tight. So a low-scoring game in the first few possessions.

Then something will pop free on the Vols' offense. We'll score a quick TD. Our D will hold them to a short drive, maybe even a three-and-out. And we'll pop another quick score.

That will take the Oklahoma fan base right out of it. Things will get much quieter. And our offense will consequently start clicking.

After that, it will start to get lopsided.

That's how I think it's gonna play out.

Go Vols!
I like it!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
The way I look at it, you have 2 teams playing both 3 deep in 4 and 5 star players, anything is possible.
There’s something bad wrong at OK if they have been playing “3 deep in 4 and 5 star players” to date. That much talent curb stomps their first 3 opponents.

I like the way TN has looked so far while OU hasn’t looked good but things change. I want TN to roll but I don’t expect it. The big difference here is the line of scrimmage. We are much better on both sides IMO. I expect TN to score in the high thirties and OU in the high twenties.

VN Store

Back