Good news for next season!

Heupel could fix so much of our programs attitude by beating those bastards
Butch beat them and went 4-8 the next season, you never know. Still, I think last year the UF team quit on Mullen, especially after they got trounced by UGA. The big question is whether Sunbelt Billy can get their heads right, because they'll still have 9-3 type talent.

Agree. Every year we inevitably have fans on here that will say this is the year we beat UF. They have a new HC, have lost players blah,blah, blah. It’s ridiculous. What’s equally ridiculous are the fans that say if we don’t beat UF then Heupel isn’t the guy. If that’s the logic then we haven’t had a good coach since Majors.

I honestly cannot figure it out with Florida. Regardless of who we have at QB, offense, defense or head coach. Regardless of who they have at QB or head coach. We simply cannot beat them. Think about it. UF has had 1 good QB since Tebow. Trask was really good in 2019. Other than that they have had mediocre QB play and we still cannot beat them.

Even when we were at our very strongest we couldn’t beat them with any regularity.

The vols always bring out UF's best game, and their QB will play like a Heisman candidate. They have done it to us 16 out of 17 years., What is going to be different? Hope we beat them but recent history says no.:mad:

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
UF doesn’t have a qb on their roster that should beat us this year or next year. They better do some developing or get a plug and play transfer. Otherwise, we’re winning the next 3-4 years easily. Heup will coach circles around Napier.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Agree. Every year we inevitably have fans on here that will say this is the year we beat UF. They have a new HC, have lost players blah,blah, blah. It’s ridiculous. What’s equally ridiculous are the fans that say if we don’t beat UF then Heupel isn’t the guy. If that’s the logic then we haven’t had a good coach since Majors.

I honestly cannot figure it out with Florida. Regardless of who we have at QB, offense, defense or head coach. Regardless of who they have at QB or head coach. We simply cannot beat them. Think about it. UF has had 1 good QB since Tebow. Trask was really good in 2019. Other than that they have had mediocre QB play and we still cannot beat them.

Even when we were at our very strongest we couldn’t beat them with any regularity.

He gone

You know how many years we have said this? I mean we couldn’t beat them when they had Zook, the shark humper or Musdump. What makes you think we will beat them this year? They still have more talent than we do.
Valium could improve your mood substantially

You know how many years we have said this? I mean we couldn’t beat them when they had Zook, the shark humper or Musdump. What makes you think we will beat them this year? They still have more talent than we do.

Beat Zook 2 out of 3 times. It was the last time we beat them in back to back years in like 40 years or something.

But the Muschamp and Shark dude were just baffling losses. How many came on the last play of the game. Just pathetic.

UF doesn’t have a qb on their roster that should beat us this year or next year. They better do some developing or get a plug and play transfer. Otherwise, we’re winning the next 3-4 years easily. Heup will coach circles around Napier.
That would really be marking our territory. Other than Georgia, I don't think anyone else in the East has beaten Florida 3 times in a row since the 1950's.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Pathetic. Vols will run up score on Gators. Welcome the new kid coach to Knoxville. Swamp Gas melts down and wants Mullen back.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
That 10-9 game in 2014 and muschumps comments still haunt me
And Harris sucked or should I say why did our defense suck

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

UF has had exactly 1 good QB since 2008. Trask in 2019. How many times have we beaten them since then?

I don’t buy curses, jinxes, and teams having us “psyched out”. College teams are completely new teams every 4 years - there is no institutional memory to sustain a curse.

If you want to end a drought against a consistently good opponent, you don’t need rabbits feet or chicken bones - just a consistently good team of your own. We have not been consistently good for 15 years - hence our dismal record against Florida.

This series pretty summarizes what has been wrong with UT football in my 52 years. The Athletic Department simply hasn’t put its foot down and said, “Damn it! We WILL BE the best in college football, no matter what it takes”! We have more concerned with saving money on coaching hires. Florida has done the opposite. They went out and hired Spurrier (who was better than any coach we have had). Then they were willing to shell out the big bucks to get Meyer. We would not have been willing to do that to get a Meyer or a Saban. Hopefully, we have finally got a good young head coach, but those losses to Florida can be laid at the feet of the lack of dedication of our boosters and athletic department.

We won't lose to the gators!

Missouri_v3.jpg

Florida has better talent than Tennessee, pretty much has for last few decades. Even when they’re a train wreck they have Tennessee’s number. Heupel needs to win this game in Neyland next year but it would surprise me if they did.

VN Store

Back